What's new

A very sincere request to combine GD threads

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Specifically one's started by the same poster essentially talking about the same issue over and over again.

It is certainly affecting the readability of the board. It is stifling other discussion.

I look at the front page of GD and decide to do other things than participate in Jazzfanz for the day.

Good lord man, this is worse than 1st World Problems. I dont even know what to call this.

Call it a request to have similar threads started by the same poster combined. Seems simple enough.

So I see the chatter on GD related to it sucking but you look at the first page of threads and nearly all are different authors. Yes a lot of trump - is that really where this is coming from? I hate the discussion as much as the next guy but I just don't read those if I don't want to read them. And, yes, negs will stop users from posting new ones but I will look to combine more often. Please use ignore as well. Thinking of rolling that into rep somehow too. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

So I see the chatter on GD related to it sucking but you look at the first page of threads and nearly all are different authors. Yes a lot of trump - is that really where this is coming from? I hate the discussion as much as the next guy but I just don't read those if I don't want to read them. And, yes, negs will stop users from posting new ones but I will look to combine more often. Please use ignore as well. Thinking of rolling that into rep somehow too. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Thanks Jason. It actually isn't as bad as it was several days ago.

How about a sub-forum under GD for "politics". Move all the Trump, government, etc. into it. Thoughts?

How about a sub-forum under GD for "politics". Move all the Trump, government, etc. into it. Thoughts?

If we are going to do a Sub Forum I say make it "Politics & Religion"

I have to agree with Siro, better to have an active forum than divide the community to the point that none of the forums are active.

Specifically one's started by the same poster essentially talking about the same issue over and over again.

It is certainly affecting the readability of the board. It is stifling other discussion.

I look at the front page of GD and decide to do other things than participate in Jazzfanz for the day.

Folks that feel under attack tend toward two outcomes. They either go full tilt defense mode -- the thing you complain about continuously like a constipated warthog -- or they simply leave for friendlier pasture.

Ask yourself's which of these categories you are creating. Solve your own problem by not creating either of them by ridiculing an denouncing one side ONLY while accepting the same type of responses on your side through silent support.

Your one sided criticism is well documented. Be a little more fair an maybe YOU will not create backlash or site abandonment.

Folks that feel under attack tend toward two outcomes. They either go full tilt defense mode -- the thing you complain about continuously like a constipated warthog -- or they simply leave for friendlier pasture.

Ask yourself's which of these categories you are creating. Solve your own problem by not creating either of them by ridiculing an denouncing one side ONLY while accepting the same type of responses on your side through silent support.

Your one sided criticism is well documented. Be a little more fair an maybe YOU will not create backlash or site abandonment.

This is not the section for political debate. This is a site suggestion section.

Not a great idea. We'll have two low traffic forums instead of one active forum.

The lightning-rod nature of Trump is going to guarantee the GD forum being overwhelmingly political for the foreseeable future. The result will be the death of the GD forum for normal discussions since a lot of people want to get away from the political bombardment.