What's new

A Word

NUMBERICA

2022 Award Winner
I just want to say that I really like most of you and that I'm sure even those that tangle horns would probably get along great in person. I interact with some of you more than I interact with most people, and while that is in some significant sense something sad, it is also good to connect with people at all and build community around it. Thanks for all of that community, commiseration, and laughs through the years. There will be much more of that to come regardless of how this uncharted path unfolds. I should spend less time here but I really enjoy it when I am here.

We've been very fortunate as a fanbase to have such consistency of goodness for a franchise. May god (or whatever) help us through this valley of Jazz fandom and may it see us to the mountaintop eventually. Much love.

There was a period where we would get together occasionally. I only did so a couple of times through @Gameface hosting poker tournaments and sharing beer he brewed himself (which was terrific, and some of my favorite overindulgences).

It would be cool if we could figure some events to get together. Maybe a Timberwolves, Bucks, or Cavs game or something.

I just want to say that I really like most of you and that I'm sure even those that tangle horns would probably get along great in person. I interact with some of you more than I interact with most people, and while that is in some significant sense something sad, it is also good to connect with people at all and build community around it. Thanks for all of that community, commiseration, and laughs through the years. There will be much more of that to come regardless of how this uncharted path unfolds. I should spend less time here but I really enjoy it when I am here.

We've been very fortunate as a fanbase to have such consistency of goodness for a franchise. May god (or whatever) help us through this valley of Jazz fandom and may it see us to the mountaintop eventually. Much love.
Well said, and definitely hard times ahead. Part of what has always endeared me to the Jazz is that we have always had some players and coaches that I really liked and who at least acted like they liked to be here. This upcoming season may be the first time in 30 plus years where that is not the case. Smith and Ainge have brought about a huge culture change to the broader organization. Hope it works. I will miss Rudy and Joe a lot and most likely Bogey and JC.

There was a period where we would get together occasionally. I only did so a couple of times through @Gameface hosting poker tournaments and sharing beer he brewed himself (which was terrific, and some of my favorite overindulgences).

It would be cool if we could figure some events to get together. Maybe a Timberwolves, Bucks, or Cavs game or something.
Everyone is welcome to come down to California and we can hit a clipper's game. Forget getting into a Lakers game without a 2nd mortgage though.

This site is one of the few ways I maintain ties to Utah since I’ve been gone 30+ years. Feckless hope for a Jazz title sort of runs parallel. I feel you, but I think this mettle-testing will make us all the better for the experience. Or we’ll all explode from frustration. Either way I’m here for it, brothers and sisters. Much love.

I’m not on much anymore but you’re a strong contributor and seemingly a very good human being, Numb. Beautiful post here and right back at ya and the rest of the forum, even if I act like a jerkoff more often than not.

Thy evidence of the solidity and robustness of JazzFanz esprit de corps is noted. I hoist an ale to all of you, fellow Philosophers of the Jazz.

I’m not on much anymore but you’re a strong contributor and seemingly a very good human being, Numb. Beautiful post here and right back at ya and the rest of the forum, even if I act like a jerkoff more often than not.
Yeah. Act like. :rolleyes:

Well said, and definitely hard times ahead. Part of what has always endeared me to the Jazz is that we have always had some players and coaches that I really liked and who at least acted like they liked to be here. This upcoming season may be the first time in 30 plus years where that is not the case. Smith and Ainge have brought about a huge culture change to the broader organization. Hope it works. I will miss Rudy and Joe a lot and most likely Bogey and JC.
Interesting enough I am in a few different jazz boards on facebook and collin Sexton has been posting in them about how excited he is.

This site is one of the few ways I maintain ties to Utah since I’ve been gone 30+ years. Feckless hope for a Jazz title sort of runs parallel. I feel you, but I think this mettle-testing will make us all the better for the experience. Or we’ll all explode from frustration. Either way I’m here for it, brothers and sisters. Much love.
Same here. I moved to Seattle several years back. My only connections to Utah now are this message board, Utefans.net and my mom. Glad this place is around.