What's new

AK signing with Utah?

Stifle Tower

Punch Bowl Re-Filler
Unconfirmed sources report that Utah is pulling out all the stops in their pursuit of former Jazzman Andrei Kirilenko. While they may not be able to match what Minnesota can offer financially, the Jazz believe they have a more complete package to entice AK, and more importantly, his chief financial advisor and apologist, Masha Kirilenko.

Recently acquired PG Mo Williams and AK reportedly grew quite close during Williams’ lone year in Utah. Mo credits his work with AK as the primary reason behind his stellar 38% shooting on FG’s and 26% on 3-PTFG’s. After some initial confusion (AK allegedly cursed loudly in Russian and hung up the phone when informed “Williams” was calling), Mo was able to explain it was his old comrade on the hot line, not the ball-hogging Deron, and the two shared a hearty laugh. Mo assured AK he’d give him plenty of touches in the revamped Jazz offense, especially given that the Jazz now have excellent rebounders in place who make a living putting back wildly errant shot attempts.

Also calling AK was the internationally renowned StarCraft gamer, Gordon Hayward. Though both share the same position – and a love of video games – AK prefers World of Warcraft. Hayward assured AK there would be no conflict on or off the court and even told AK he wants to see his cool back tattoo. When asked to confirm the conversation, Gordon giggled and said there was no chance he’d ever have enough courage to get a tattoo (and his mom would kill him if he did).

f259ac0314d64966b842c683703d0d65

A surprise visitor to the Jazz offices a few days ago was this woman, featured recently in a concert performance in Salt Lake and a popular calendar model. She denies reports the Jazz have asked her the "million dollar question:" namely, will she be AK’s “free pass” this year for a cool seven figures.

katherine_jenkins_calendar.jpg

As for Masha, the Gateway Center has already stepped forward and waived rental fees for one year if Masha brings back her popular Fleur de Lis boutique. Mayor Ralph Becker is claiming this is a big victory for Obama’s “Putting Americans Back to Work” program as the store is projected to hire three previously unemployed workers AND add $5,000 in sales tax revenue to thecity’s coffers.

[video]https://www.myspace.com/video/masha-kirilenko-39-s-boutique-fleur-de-lis/fleur-de-lis-commercial/48261756

Masha is a multi-talented woman and the Jazz have reportedly enlisted the famous Osmond family to help her revive her singing career. Merrill Osmond, creator of the annual "Stadium of Fire" event is currently working on a English translation and video ideas for her hit song, “Sugary,” while Donny and Marie are revamping the Beatles’ hit “Back in the USSR” to an updated, hip-hop version titled: “Back with the Utah Jazz.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRfUXYwloIU

When asked to confirm the Jazz were in negotiations with AK and his agent, Utah GM, Kevin O’Connor, replied: “We always look to improve the team. Just because we're quiet doesn't mean we're not working. We're talking to a lot of people about a lot of things." Pressed for specifics, Mr. O’Connor abruptly ended the conversation with a “No Comment.”

g_oconnor_frt.jpg

If Starcraft can't get AK back, dunno what will.

Plus I have a fealing that tat isn't finished.

AK!

Unconfirmed sources report that Utah is pulling out all the stops in their pursuit of former Jazzman Andrei Kirilenko. While they may not be able to match what Minnesota can offer financially, the Jazz believe they have a more complete package to entice AK, and more importantly, his chief financial advisor and apologist, Masha Kirilenko.

Recently acquired PG Mo Williams and AK reportedly grew quite close during Williams’ lone year in Utah. Mo credits his work with AK as the primary reason behind his stellar 38% shooting on FG’s and 26% on 3-PTFG’s. After some initial confusion (AK allegedly cursed loudly in Russian and hung up the phone when informed “Williams” was calling), Mo was able to explain it was his old comrade on the hot line, not the ball-hogging Deron, and the two shared a hearty laugh. Mo assured AK he’d give him plenty of touches in the revamped Jazz offense, especially given that the Jazz now have excellent rebounders in place who make a living putting back wildly errant shot attempts.

Also calling AK was the internationally renowned StarCraft gamer, Gordon Hayward. Though both share the same position – and a love of video games – AK prefers World of Warcraft. Hayward assured AK there would be no conflict on or off the court and even told AK he wants to see his cool back tattoo. When asked to confirm the conversation, Gordon giggled and said there was no chance he’d ever have enough courage to get a tattoo (and his mom would kill him if he did).

f259ac0314d64966b842c683703d0d65

A surprise visitor to the Jazz offices a few days ago was this woman, featured recently in a concert performance in Salt Lake and a popular calendar model. She denies reports the Jazz have asked her the "million dollar question:" namely, will she be AK’s “free pass” this year for a cool seven figures.

katherine_jenkins_calendar.jpg

As for Masha, the Gateway Center has already stepped forward and waived rental fees for one year if Masha brings back her popular Fleur de Lis boutique. Mayor Ralph Becker is claiming this is a big victory for Obama’s “Putting Americans Back to Work” program as the store is projected to hire three previously unemployed workers AND add $5,000 in sales tax revenue to thecity’s coffers.

[video]https://www.myspace.com/video/masha-kirilenko-39-s-boutique-fleur-de-lis/fleur-de-lis-commercial/48261756

Masha is a multi-talented woman and the Jazz have reportedly enlisted the famous Osmond family to help her revive her singing career. Merrill Osmond, creator of the annual "Stadium of Fire" event is currently working on a English translation and video ideas for her hit song, “Sugary,” while Donny and Marie are revamping the Beatles’ hit “Back in the USSR” to an updated, hip-hop version titled: “Back with the Utah Jazz.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRfUXYwloIU

When asked to confirm the Jazz were in negotiations with AK and his agent, Utah GM, Kevin O’Connor, replied: “We always look to improve the team. Just because we're quiet doesn't mean we're not working. We're talking to a lot of people about a lot of things." Pressed for specifics, Mr. O’Connor abruptly ended the conversation with a “No Comment.”

g_oconnor_frt.jpg

I found that amusing. Nice job MoTown.

We would have the 2 biggest nerd-ballers in the NBA! (Hmmm, sounds sexually explicit.)

Yes, yes it does. It's a perfect JazzFanz expression.

Mo credits his work with AK as the primary reason behind his stellar 38% shooting on FG’s and 26% on 3-PTFG’s. After some initial confusion (AK allegedly cursed loudly in Russian and hung up the phone when informed “Williams” was calling), Mo was able to explain it was his old comrade on the hot line, not the ball-hogging Deron, and the two shared a hearty laugh. Mo assured AK he’d give him plenty of touches in the revamped Jazz offense, especially given that the Jazz now have excellent rebounders in place who make a living putting back wildly errant shot attempts.

hahaha

...by the way, all the espn knot-heads have him signing with the T-Wolves...so what's up with that???

They are working on a trade to clear some cap space. Nobody else that wants him is willing or able to do so to pay AK what he's asking (roughly $8m/year).

The funny thing is it says it all about the ****ing tool. WOW, not basketball, is what's important to him. And that's always been the case. And yet, many morons still want this ****ing tool back.

Ya dude.. WoW has always been more important than Basketball.

AK started playing basketball at the age of 10, which would be in 1991. I won't even go off on how Warcraft didn't even come out until 1994, let alone WoW in 2004, and just say I'm pretty sure the internet couldn't have handled such a bandwidth back in 1991, which begs the question of How, exactly, WoW was "always more important" to him.

Now, if we can get him on the cheap, I'm pretty sure we can get Blizzard to invest in our team. That, would be worth it for all the cool schwag, and seeing "Paul Willsap" NPC's, and ofcourse a Heroic instance where the Burning Legion, led by Sheron Milliams, is threatening to take over Undercity from Sylvannas.

I am glad we are not paying AK-47 an inflated contract anymore, however, it sure looks like the wolves are dying to overpay a small forward this summer.

I am glad we are not paying AK-47 an inflated contract anymore, however, it sure looks like the wolves are dying to overpay a small forward this summer.

They're obviously worried about Kevin Love being the next big-name player to flee for a big-market team.

So, what's wrong with having other interests besides basketball. I guess, apparently, some of the people on here have only one interest in their life, posting on Jazzfanz. At least he's not one-dimensional: he is close with his family, donates his salary to help underprivileged kids, reads books (wow, that's so degenerate), and likes video games. Oh, and he's a professional basketball player and while not the world's greatest, an elite player by most standards.

I guess because he didn't turn out to be as good as Stockton and Malone people hold this against him. This irrational hate on this board of some for AK has more than once made me want to stop posting here because I would prefer not to associate with such immaturity and imbecility.

I do not think most of us hate him. He was overpaid but I liked him. I am just of the stance that the Jazz have moved on. I wish AK a long a success filled career.

AK started playing basketball at the age of 10, which would be in 1991. I won't even go off on how Warcraft didn't even come out until 1994, let alone WoW in 2004, and just say I'm pretty sure the internet couldn't have handled such a bandwidth back in 1991, which begs the question of How, exactly, WoW was "always more important" to him.

Now, if we can get him on the cheap, I'm pretty sure we can get Blizzard to invest in our team. That, would be worth it for all the cool schwag, and seeing "Paul Willsap" NPC's, and ofcourse a Heroic instance where the Burning Legion, led by Sheron Milliams, is threatening to take over Undercity from Sylvannas.

Dude, you totally ganked that noob.

Obviously it was hyperbole you hack. But the basic point remains. A tattoo of WoW says everything about this ****ing tool and I can't wait 'til he retires and is quickly forgotten except by some hanger-on Ruskies and Jazz fans who get all nostalgic about the glory days as if the guy actually accomplished anything noteworthy.

Good riddance.