What's new

Al Jefferson redemption

twentytwo

Big Al made some big shots down the stretch tonight, including a 3-point play. His push shot is the only shot like that in the league-- when Al is on, it is a very high % shot, unblockable, and devastating. Of course Deron and Sap had huge games again tonight but I gotta give props to Big Al-- this probably would have been a L without him.

Go Jazz. 2-0 and the hardest teams behind you. ESPN gushing about Deron Williams makes me happy.

Big Al was playing mad. He knows he should be not be getting outplayed by Fesenko and he's starting to show it. I love it.

Big Al Jefferson was the man. Hit the big shots when it counted. Awesome baby-hooks over Howard in crunch time. Big Al mad, Big Al REAL mad.

Jefferson is clearly a good player. He just needs to adjust to the new system and get in shape.

And Fesenko needs to get minutes EVERY GAME. I'm afraid that once Okur comes back, Fes will go back to being a career bench warmer.

Fes always seems to come back after is first stint (were he picks up silly fouls and is to hyped up to play), to have a nice game in the second half. If he could play on and even keel he well get min. and help us out.

Jefferson was big tonight. Alot of those shots he made over Howard were with the shot clock about to go off. Glad he showed up tonight after getting the message last night that the way he was playing was not exeptable.

AJ scored 21 on the best defensive center in the league after being benched 24 hours earlier.

I think this guy is gonna be ok

It didn't take Boozer this long to get used to being with the Jazz....

LOL Boozer sat on the Bench for Half a year before he even played long enough to start getting the system. AJ is way ahead of were he was at this point in his Jazz carrier. He's actually on the court

AJ scored 21 on the best defensive center in the league after being benched 24 hours earlier.

I think this guy is gonna be ok

Don't think anyone really worries about his offense...that will come. He just doesn't give you enough size and disruption on the defensive end. Now if Jefferson can return to the beastly 23 PPG from before his injury, that may outweigh his deficiencies as a center. Time will tell.

Big Al made some big shots down the stretch tonight, including a 3-point play. His push shot is the only shot like that in the league-- when Al is on, it is a very high % shot, unblockable, and devastating. Of course Deron and Sap had huge games again tonight but I gotta give props to Big Al-- this probably would have been a L without him.

Go Jazz. 2-0 and the hardest teams behind you. ESPN gushing about Deron Williams makes me happy.

You know... I did post last night saying that he better pick it up or he might be replaced.. And he did just that... I love how he made the big rebounds and the big shots when it mattered... That's what star players do...

It was very interesting listening to a guy ask some good questions for a change (Matt Harpring). Asking Al what the big adjustment is and he said it's moving to his second and 3rd reads once the 1st is taken away... I said it before, sometimes he looks lethargic out there and it may be because he's thinking too much... He'll get it, and when he does, we'll be that much better...

I told you guys to "Hang in there"... And just think, if/when Okur comes back... We will be a force in this league and honestly NO team scares me once things start clicking... Not the Lakers, not the Magic, the Heat, Celtics... Line em up and knock them down!

His average defense thus far is already better than Boozer's. Notice how he doesn't just slap his man's arm if they try to go inside. Also, he blocks shots and takes charges.

I told you guys to "Hang in there"... And just think, if/when Okur comes back... We will be a force in this league and honestly NO team scares me once things start clicking... Not the Lakers, not the Magic, the Heat, Celtics... Line em up and knock them down!

Lakers are the one team that can take away everything inside. Gasol and Odom (and Bynum if healthy) can outsize our bigs. So we need good guard play to overcome them. CJ, Raja and Hayward need to pick things up. And perhaps KOC needs to bring in a wing. I wonder if Greg will let him use the Harpring exception if we're near the top of the West in February.

As for Okur, I wouldn't count on him that much. It was a devastating injury. We don't know how effective he'll be when he returns. In fact, there's no guarantee he comes back AT ALL.

The main thing for me with al's defense is that he actually tries. So many bad memories of Boozer not even putting his hands up on shots.

Last year when we played Orlando, Howard simply manhandled Boozer. You didn't see that tonight with Big Al or Fes.

It didn't take Boozer this long to get used to being with the Jazz....

I'm as big of a Boozer hater as anybody, but let me be the first to admit that I think Carlos is indeed more of thinking mans player when compared to Big Al. Hmmm, why could that be? Probably because Boozer spent 4 years in one of the most structured basketball programs in the nation while playing for Coach K at Duke. On the flip side, Big Al bullied through Mississippi High School Basketball with so much superior talent that took him straight to the Pros.

The guy has never had to think, and now that he's been asked to, people are freaking out because we're 8 games into the season and Big Al isn't 100% kosher with the offense. It blows my mind that some people acutally need this explained to them.