What's new

Alex Caruso has more All Star votes than Donovan Mitchell

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner
https://www.nba.com/article/2020/01/09/all-star-voting-2020-second-returns-official-release

What a ****ing ridiculous spectacle, fan voting should be abolished. I mean I like caruso, I like what he's done for vans and free candy, i like what he's done for abduction and murder but this makes him a different type of all star.

25084089031_47a97f9871_b.jpg

The Caruso mobile, kind of like batman but different.

I think the guy should be acknowledged and all, you know he's made looking like a creepy weirdo cool again and for that i'm sure many forum members thank him. You know like im all for Peter Sutcliffe having had his own line of signature hammers but he's not a ****ing all stars arsehole.

NBA media coverage is a big part of the reason it’s so bad. The NFL has no issue selling its entire league, yet the NBA chooses to sell like 3 or 4 of its 30 markets.

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/01/09/all-star-voting-2020-second-returns-official-release

What a ****ing ridiculous spectacle, fan voting should be abolished. I mean I like caruso, I like what he's done for vans and free candy, i like what he's done for abduction and murder but this makes him a different type of all star.

25084089031_47a97f9871_b.jpg

The Caruso mobile, kind of like batman but different.

I think the guy should be acknowledged and all, you know he's made looking like a creepy weirdo cool again and for that i'm sure many forum members thank him. You know like im all for Peter Sutcliffe having had his own line of signature hammers but he's not a ****ing all stars arsehole.

Why are people such suckers for free candy? And why are there so many bandwagon bitches?

"you know he's made looking like a creepy weirdo cool again and for that i'm sure many forum members thank him."

Look I'll forever owe James Gandolfini and David Chase a debt of gratitude for making being a fat, misogynistic, bigoted dago cool again.

Like looking into a mirror...

Interestingly Gandolfini had to gain weight for every series to age him, this was traditionally the first scene of every series, tony picking up the paper, there used to be a clip on youtube that had all six versions of this scene.

I remember maybe 10 years ago NHL fans voted some enforcer into the all-star game as a joke.

Considering Caruso is averaging 5.5 points per game I will go with it's a joke as well. Sadly though, it's not as big of a joke as the degree of preferential ref treatment for players like LeBron or Harden.

Honestly, this Caruso having more votes than Donovan doesn't really matter. Caruso ain't going to catch up to Luka or Harden. Only the top two guards in voting can get voted in and the other three frontcourt guys too. I finally feel Donovan has a true shot this time through nba players and nba coaches as a reserve. But even so, I'll continue to keep voting as support.

Kinda relevant, here's a fun thread about exposure to athletes in certain markets. Mitchell/Gobert included

How the hell did Stockton and Malone ever get voted in?

maybe nba should make a list of players it feels deserves votes so idiot laker fans can’t jack up the Carusso’s of the world. Force fans to vote for actual players that deserve votes.

California buying power. It's a bit like when Zaza Pachulia led the league in votes at center. Zaza was serviceable at best.

Perhaps the league should decide who is all star eligible for the season based on specific, predefined performance metrics. Then fans can vote on those options instead of casting votes for the guy with the coolest hair cut. I mean, Steph Curry has more votes than most players in the league and he hasn't left the hospital bed this season. He shouldn't be eligible.

Well, the fact that they let fans vote multiple times is ridiculous for one. I think I read Tacko Fall has more votes than Rudy and he hardly ever plays. If they do have fan voting, then you should only be allowed to vote once. The trouble though with that is people can use aliases. I think they should just abolish fan voting and let the players, coaches and credentialed sportswriters vote. And their squads should include ten players: 4 guards, 4 forwards, and 2 centers - no first and second teams.