What's new

All-Time NBA Draft (not just international)

Rules of some kind would be a good idea to moderate the trades.

I like going with this way. We can just assume people won't collude and that teams will be relatively fair in their trades. Plus, waiting for enough teams to approve a trade that should obviously be approved could take way too long.

Why don't we do trades during instead of before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This idea was thrown out last year. I don't think it would work very well because then people would just draft purely BPA instead of constructing a team and I doubt everyone would be able to make all the necessary trades to acquire all the right pieces for a team. For instance, someone could draft 5 centers because they thought they were viewed as BPA when they picked, but then not end up being able to trade enough of those centers before the tournament actually starts; they could end up not having a PG or something. Where as if you just do the trades before the draft, everyone will still be constructing actual teams as the draft progresses, like usual.

In other words, I think it would overcomplicate things.

This idea was thrown out last year. I don't think it would work very well because then people would just draft purely BPA instead of constructing a team and I doubt everyone would be able to make all the necessary trades to acquire all the right pieces for a team. For instance, someone could draft 5 centers because they thought they were viewed as BPA when they picked, but then not end up being able to trade enough of those centers before the tournament actually starts; they could end up not having a PG or something. Where as if you just do the trades before the draft, everyone will still be constructing actual teams as the draft progresses, like usual.

In other words, I think it would overcomplicate things.

I say we make this **** like Thunderdome. Everything goes! If someone wants to build their team like a dumbass, oh well, they'll lose in the first round.

This idea was thrown out last year. I don't think it would work very well because then people would just draft purely BPA instead of constructing a team and I doubt everyone would be able to make all the necessary trades to acquire all the right pieces for an actual team. For instance, someone could draft 5 centers because they thought they were viewed as BPA when they picked, but then not end up being able to trade enough of those centers before the tournament actually starts; they could end up not having a PG or something. Where as if you just do the trades before the draft, everyone will still be constructing an actual team as the draft progresses, like usual.

You have a point, but why would someone trade a higher pick for lower picks before the draft started?

You have a point, but why would someone trade a higher pick for lower picks before the draft started?

People have different strategies?

I guarantee picks will be traded between the lottery and start of the draft.

It would be interesting.

It would make it tempting to take BPA when they don't actually fit into your currently constructed roster and risk being able to trade them for pieces later on.

I do think it would be really dumb if the tournament starts and there are multiple teams that aren't really constructed as teams. It could turn into a complete cluster****.