What's new

Any plan or direction?

The Thriller

I think of the reasons why this team is struggling and why fans are struggling to get too excited is that no one knows the expectations, identity, plan, or direction of this team.

Does anyone really expect us to keep Big Al and Millsap? How can these guys play unselfishly when they feel/believe that they will soon be traded?

How can the Jazz expect fans to be excited when they already know essentially what Big Al and Millsap bring to the table? Initially, there was hope that Big Al merely needed a change of scenery and Millsap just needed starter's minutes. Ok. We've seen that. Since, the excitement has stagnated and fans just aren't too content to watch Jefferson play Boozer-like defense or to watch Millsap struggle against the bigger and better athletes in this league.

What are we doing with Burks?

If he isn't going to play in the games, why isn't he getting some PT in the D-League? It appears like we just have no plan with him. What about Jeremy Evans? Murphy? Kanter? What is going on with these guys who are receiving so very little PT?

Can Hayward direct the offense? What is his role? He isn't that young babyface anymore. What can he do? He's used as a role player at best and is invisible in the offensive game plan at worst. can he handle the rock ala Hedo? Or is he strictly a jump shooter? Or is he strictly a finisher in the fast break? What is he and what is he expected to do?

I remember allllllllll last year we heard how the offensive was rather "offensive" because of the lockout. Well, this year we didn't have a lockout and the offense still looks like a "grab bag" of plays instead of a well thought-out combination of plays and scheme designed to promote our strategy. We're how much time into the Ty Corbin era and we still don't know what to expect out of the Jazz offense, defense, or substitutions. What is our go to play? P&R? Dump it down inside on the block to Al? Hit Hayward coming off a screen near the elbow? Swing it to Foye for a 3? Post up Marvin? Penetrate to set up Millsap for a jumper around the baseline? What is it?

Last year we got the 8th seed. But what are the expectations for this year? What are we building up for?

What are we doing to develop Favors? Is he our franchise player? Or merely a great defender/rebounder ala Tyson Chandler?

What the hell is Bell still doing on this roster?

What direction are we going in? What is the plan?

I think so much confusion over who we are and what we're trying to accomplish not only has stagnated our team's development but has hindered the enthusiasm of fans.

Last edited:
TRADE jefferson
get a 4th big man for 8-10 minutes a game
split the remaining bigs minutes etween sap kanter and jefferson.
if we lose all games who cares. atleats with jefferson gone millsap will hustle and bust his guts. so will favors and kanter.
if we fail to win antoher game the crowd will still come.
one thing we know of jazzfanz is dont matter if you lose or win they will support you as long as you try your hardest.

jefferson isnt even trying.

even this boar dis DEAD!!
It's like jazzfanz poster don't care.
ussually after losses this place goes crazy with a lot of threads and post

even this boar dis DEAD!!
It's like jazzfanz poster don't care.
ussually after losses this place goes crazy with a lot of threads and post

I am struggling to outwardly care about the team right now. I know that the team as a whole played terrible but doesn't mean I want people traded any less than I did before the game.

I care about this team every season with crazy, divorce threatening, fanaticism. The current mass posters on Jazzfanz are ****ing lame. Otherwise I would post more.

Bored.

I care about this team every season with crazy, divorce threatening, fanaticism. The current mass posters on Jazzfanz are ****ing lame. Otherwise I would post more.

Bored.

This. Too bad I am one of those mass posters on this site that are lame. I agree with you regardless of how you feel about me.

This. Too bad I am one of those mass posters on this site that are lame. I agree with you regardless of how you feel about me.

i don't know you.

I want courage, intelligence, and strategy exercised under the current conditions. Chess not checkers.

But I keep lurking finding nuggets of smart. Carry on.

i don't know you.

I want courage, intelligence, and strategy exercised under the current conditions. Chess not checkers.

But I keep lurking finding nuggets of smart. Carry on.

I prefer chess with a side of light-hearted, sanity-keeping, beachside happy hour. If I offend you I'm sorry. Somehow, I doubt you're an all-in chess guy, all the time.

Damn it, don't you guys understand!?! This is a filler season until Favors, Hayward, Burks, and Kanter start next year.
And then when next year comes, I'll tell you that it's a filler season and that the four will start the year after.

I think of the reasons why this team is struggling and why fans are struggling to get too excited is that no one knows the expectations, identity, plan, or direction of this team.

I think so much confusion over who we are and what we're trying to accomplish not only has stagnated our team's development but has hindered the enthusiasm of fans.

.....hey, thriller, you stole my storyline on the Jazz! Mentioned almost exactly the same thing in some other thread a while back! Basically, like most NBA teams, the Jazz and there organization are running around like a chicken with it's head cut off!

.....hey, thriller, you stole my storyline on the Jazz! Mentioned almost exactly the same thing in some other thread a while back! Basically, like most NBA teams, the Jazz and there organization are running around like a chicken with it's head cut off!

This thread is basically the same thing that has been posted over and over.

I prefer chess with a side of light-hearted, sanity-keeping, beachside happy hour. If I offend you I'm sorry. Somehow, I doubt you're an all-in chess guy, all the time.

Hey, stop ruining Jazzfanz! Get UGLI out of here too why you are at it!

Bored.

tumblr_lo72ferhyQ1qj9e69.gif