What's new

Atlanta Rudy Trade

LoPo

Just Jazz Bear with me for a minute....

Rudy
for
Collins, Okongwu, Jalen Johnson, #16 and a 2023 1st from Charlotte (Atlanta has it and it's lottery protected)

Atlanta does the trade because the only win now piece they lose is Collins who is already on his way out. They don't give up any 1st that isn't lottery protected. They salivate over Trae, Huerter, Hunter, and Rudy together.

This trade could happen with or without a Don trade. With Don, we could take the two mid-1st round picks and make an upgrade elsewhere (Jerami Grant, Julius Randle, whatever). If Don is also dealt, this Rudy deal still adds three young players with loads of potential and two first round picks.

We also save $5+ million in this deal. We all know the FO is going to pinch pennies and try to get us under the luxury.

Remember - this isn't a trade for Don. This is a trade for the franchise. We get younger, more athletic, and more potential while cashing in on Rudy while his value is high.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

@Cptgrnlngs22

Thoughts? Is it realistic? Fits the need for both? Etc?

I really like the trade. It gives us a small ball 5 in Collins who is so dynamic around the rim all fans will enjoy watching him play. The two young guys do have some upside and the puck if used right with Bogie or Mike can set us up well for next season. I’m a jazz fan through and through. If the Jazz want to build around Don this is the exact type of move you need to make to solidify relevancy in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I really like the trade. It gives us a small ball 5 in Collins who is so dynamic around the rim all fans will enjoy watching him play. The two young guys do have some upside and the puck if used right with Bogie or Mike can set us up well for next season. I’m a jazz fan through and through. If the Jazz want to build around Don this is the exact type of move you need to make to solidify relevancy in the league.

Thanks man.

Three players 24 or younger locked into contracts at least the next 3 years.

I'm super optimistic in general. I don't care we lost, it sucks I moved on. But **** me sideways if I have to deal with a million lopo trade threads for the next few months. Please don't make threads at least.
Piss off you whiner. At least I'm throwing ideas out there to chat about instead of crying about media rumors.

This is better than another temper tantrum thread all day.

I'm confused. You don't post temper tantrum threads or you mean this is better than your usual threads?
Your confusion isn't shocking.

A thread with an idea isn't one that's simply complaining. You don't get that?

Believe it or not, we will actually do a big trade this summer. Buckle up. A ton of people will be posting trade ideas. Hell, others are well beyond me at this point. But hey, come at me. Whatever

Your confusion isn't shocking.

A thread with an idea isn't one that's simply complaining. You don't get that?

Believe it or not, we will actually do a big trade this summer. Buckle up. A ton of people will be posting trade ideas. Hell, others are well beyond me at this point. But hey, come at me. Whatever

I would love a big trade. I always prefer that. It may or may not happen this year. In my defense I get you mixed up with oneeye.

Came here to post something similar. Why in the **** would they do this.

This is why in general if we don’t trade both and are dead set on trading one we trade Donovan because we get WAY more for him back.
Because Collins wants out and they don't lose a single guy instrumental for what they want to do. Rudy fills their massive gaps.

Does Rudy have value or not? 2 non lottery picks, 2 prospects who barely played and Collins.

Because Collins wants out and they don't lose a single guy instrumental for what they want to do. Rudy fills their massive gaps.

Does Rudy have value or not? 2 non lottery picks, 2 prospects who barely played and Collins.

Put another way:
-a dude who puts up All Star numbers
-a top-6 pick not that long ago with a 20 PER, >.700 TS%, positive on/off split despite not playing with Trae very much, and player who Hawks fans would revolt if traded
-AND TWO 1st rounders

For a guy that everyone in the league clowns on, has significant limitations to his game, will be 30 soon, and has a massive contract.

It’s too easy to spin this as way lopsided in favor of the Jazz. Maybe if they swap Capella with Okongwu, but even then I still have my doubts about two firsts.

But sure, I probably do the trade from the Jazz’s perspective.

I think I’d rather see Collins and Heurter with a couple picks. I feel like if the Jazz intend to build around Mitchell and they get this return we did good. If the Jazz can get a S&T for Bridges then I would be over the moon. As I live in the Charlotte area to me that is the best of both worlds because we get to bring My favorite Jazz player into the Swarm and the Jazz get a dynamic wing and hopefully a pick.

I think I’d rather see Collins and Heurter with a couple picks. I feel like if the Jazz intend to build around Mitchell and they get this return we did good. If the Jazz can get a S&T for Bridges then I would be over the moon. As I live in the Charlotte area to me that is the best of both worlds because we get to bring My favorite Jazz player into the Swarm and the Jazz get a dynamic wing and hopefully a pick.

I don't think Atlanta would send Collins, Huerter and picks.

Bridges would be absolutely perfect. Hell, I would take back Hayward's terrible contract if they were sending Bridges too. I think he's untouchable though.