What's new

Big Al Press Conf.

Al said he was "blessed by the basketball gods to be here." He seemed sincerely excited to be here and I could hear it in his voice. Dude has passion. I also liked what KOC said. He said that he's spoken with Al over his accomplishments and stats, and he wants him to bring that here, but to work on getting wins first. Well done, Jazz team member people guys and Gail.

This kid is excited to be here. I am downright giddy about this. Big Al is pure studliness.

Game changing just got changed.

Al knows the score: Utah Jazz > Team USA

Jefferson just won the hearts of Jazzfanz. He has a good half year of leeway before we criticize him for anything.

Ready to get nasty in the paint.

Understands that his defense has been bad (and rightly criticized), and knows if he's gong to play the 5, it has to improve greatly.

Sounds like he's saying all the right things. Is there a video of the press conference up yet?

Amazing, I thought he was going to go in there and tell everyone how he wanted to coast for the next 2 years and then be a stat whore on his final year and bolt for LA.

I'd like Big Al even more if he can get to the line more often.

His FTA/game are about the same as Boozer's over the last few years. I'm hoping DW will make a world of difference in getting him the ball down low in the right spots where teams will be forced to foul him.

It's just a nice change to hear "I wanna do whatever it takes to get better" instead of "I'm happy to bring my talents here."

I was relieved and thrilled to hear his response when asked if while Okur is injured he's ok playing the 5? "I've always played the 5. Only difference between the 4 and 5 is the 5 is the captain on defense. It's been a little bit of a weakness in my game but I"m gonna work hard on the defensive end." (paraphrazing)

Jazz have an offensive minded center that likes to get nasty in the paint! AND knows he's responsible for the defense and wants to do whatever it takes to get better there. This is much better than a defensive guy who can't score. Wow. Jefferson playing next to Millsap = awesome.