What's new

Bleacher: Gobert + Royce for Dinwiddie, Allen, LaVert

Shad

Thoughts?

They say DJ would have to be thrown in too but Utah won't want him.

This is actually not a bad trade. I think it's the best we could get for Gobert honestly. There is obvious tension between Gobert and Donovan. Gobert may want the super max with almost 0 offensive game.

I really like it but I would trade Conley immediately after for more pieces and resign Mudiay and Clarkson immediately... Bring Favors back on the cheap. You damn well know I'd let Niang go too.

Spencer - Mudiay
Donovan - Clarkson
LaVert - Ingles
Bogey - Favors
Allen - Favors

Spencer - Mudiay
Donovan - Clarkson
LaVert - Ingles
Bogey - Favors
Allen - Favors

not that I like this trade one bit, but I can’t help myself. This is better.

PG. Mitchell. Dinwiddie
SG. LaVert. Clarkson
SF. Ingles. O’Neale
PF. Bogdanovic. Favors
C. Allen. Favors.

that’s better. Gives us two scorers on the bench, better defensive length in starting lineup

Yuck. Allen is by far the most intriguing guy listed and he looks like a potential poor mans Rudy. Dinwiddie/LeVert are fringe starters, about the same value as Royce imo.

How about Rudy, Royce and 2 FRPs for Giannis. Jazz could also re-sign Derrick Favors in free agency.

Conley/Mitchell/Bogey/Giannis/Favors is a really nice 2-way team.

Last edited:
Yuck. Allen is by far the most intriguing guy listed and he looks like a potential poor mans Rudy. Dinwiddie/LeVert are fringe starters, about the same value as Royce imo.

Nah they are simply better than Royce all around. We'll never see Royce do this

If the Jazz let Conley and Gobert expire next year, they'd have a lot of money to pursue free agents. That's $60M coming off the books.

Nah they are simply better than Royce all around. We'll never see Royce do this

Of course they're better scorers/offensive players than him. I'm never going to see Rudy score 51 pts in a game either, doesn't mean they're even close to him as a player.

Also worth noting that they're paid quite a bit more than Royce.

That comes along with all those unprotected picks ?

Just wanting to know if i wait 2 seconds to hang up the fone

Also, just for the matter, Allen's a nice energy guy, athletic rim roller, high numbers for blocks, etc, but one thing that makes me shrugs when I see these trade rumours between us and Nets that normally includes him, is that Allen is like one of the very few people in the entire league (not only centers, really the entire league) that I actually see that when we face the Nets, Rudy plays in the paint like "I've got moves and I know how to score (at least on you)".

Gobert and Ed Davis for Dinwiddie, Lavert and Allen and we got a deal.

We want and need the depth, defense, and hustle Royce provides.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Also, just for the matter, Allen's a nice energy guy, athletic rim roller, high numbers for blocks, etc, but one thing that makes me shrugs when I see these trade rumours between us and Nets that normally includes him, is that Allen is like one of the very few people in the entire league (not only centers, really the entire league) that I actually see that when we face the Nets, Rudy plays in the paint like "I've got moves and I know how to score (at least on you)".

Yep. Cause Allen blows on defense and is soft as ****. Just watching him run up the court annoys me. I hate his body language.

Yep. Cause Allen blows on defense and is soft as ****. Just watching him run up the court annoys me. I hate his body language.

I don't know how much that is some lack of trying out there, cause when I watch it doesn't gets me like he's not trying, but more like he's just contantly displaying bad spatial awareness, poor play reads and late reactions.

But in terms of defensive contact, I agree, soft.

He just turned 22, so will be getting better. Rudy was still a big question mark at that age and got pushed around back then. Allen has some good tools including an elite 7'6" wingspan and great athleticism.

LaVert and Dinwiddie are honestly great players lol.

LaVert last 10 games 24/5/5 on 39% from 3 with 2 steals per game.