What's new

Bloomberg

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
Could he be the guy? It will be interesting to see what the preliminary numbers are for Bloomberg in the polls. Trump is already calling him little Michael and alluding to "personal problems".

One thing for sure, Trump can't claim to be richer than Bloomberg(actually he probably will somehow), who is the 9th richest person in the world.

From Wiki:

"In March 2009, Forbes reported Bloomberg's wealth at $16 billion, a gain of $4.5 billion over the previous year, enjoying the world's biggest increase in wealth in 2009.[35] At that time, there were only four fortunes in the U.S. that were larger (although the Wal-Mart family fortune is split among four people). He had moved from 142nd to 17th in the Forbes list of the world's billionaires in only two years (March 2007 – March 2009).[36][37] In March 2012, Forbes reported Bloomberg's wealth at $22 billion, ranking him 20th in the world and 11th in the United States.[24] By September 2013, Bloomberg's wealth was reported by Forbes as $31 billion and ranked him as the 10th richest person in the United States.[38] In September 2015, his net worth was $43.3 billion, ranking him the 6th richest person in the United States.[39] As of March 2019, he was ranked as the 9th-richest person in the world, with an estimated net worth of $57.1 billion. [40]"

Just spitballing here:

He should kick off his campaign in a bar drinking beer with a bunch of blue-collar types. He should challenge Trump to a one-mile running race for charity and spot fat Trump the 4-year age difference(Trump is 73, Bloomberg is 77). He should donate another $8 billion to charity and challenge Trump to do the same... oh wait. He should challenge Trump to an IQ test competition and bet him $1 billion... for charity. He should buy up about $20 million dollars of MAGA merchandise and have a bonfire in the desert with it- a'la Burning Man... call it Burning Scam. Basically he should do everything that he can to challenge Trump at his own stupid games.

Just spitballing here:

He should kick off his campaign in a bar drinking beer with a bunch of blue-collar types. He should challenge Trump to a one-mile running race for charity and spot fat Trump the 4-year age difference(Trump is 73, Bloomberg is 77). He should donate another $8 billion to charity and challenge Trump to do the same... oh wait. He should challenge Trump to an IQ test competition and bet him $1 billion... for charity. He should buy up about $20 million dollars of MAGA merchandise and have a bonfire in the desert with it- a'la Burning Man... call it Burning Scam. Basically he should do everything that he can to challenge Trump at his own stupid games.
Haha sure, all of that would be funny, but it wouldn't buy him a coalition.

Imagine being so rich and bored with life that decide to do this? Just incredible.

One thing that I really wish we could reform? How long our campaign season is. It should be a lot shorter. Make it 6 months instead of 2 years. Forbid all political campaign until 6 months out.

think about it. In just this campaign season, we will have had not one but two New York mayors run for president without overlapping each other’s campaign.

I thought this was a funny clip. Not because of some of his comments showing how unfamiliar he is with firearms, but because of the last 17 seconds. The context of the discussion is about gun restrictions, and he ends up presenting some hypothetical where he feels it’s dangerous for a homeowner to have a gun with an intruder. But the best part isn’t the idea of disarming the homeowner, it’s that in his hypothetical scenario of disarming the homeowner... the perpetrator still has a gun.

I don’t think he gets that, though.

I thought this was a funny clip. Not because of some of his comments showing how unfamiliar he is with firearms, but because of the last 17 seconds. The context of the discussion is about gun restrictions, and he ends up presenting some hypothetical where he feels it’s dangerous for a homeowner to have a gun with an intruder. But the best part isn’t the idea of disarming the homeowner, it’s that in his hypothetical scenario of disarming the homeowner... the perpetrator still has a gun.

I don’t think he gets that, though.

Wow, he is especially ignorant in regard to firearms. Equally ignorant on what the Second Amendment is about and how the Supreme Court has ruled on it.

I doubt Bloomberg gets the nomination. He's probably just going to further divide the support among the more moderate candidates. I thought he's tested the waters in the past as a Republican and not done well.

I doubt Bloomberg gets the nomination. He's probably just going to further divide the support among the more moderate candidates. I thought he's tested the waters in the past as a Republican and not done well.
He's a completely unappealing candidate to me.

And I feel strongly that if you want to be a strong advocate for gun control you should learn about guns. He thinks "assault weapons" that anyone can buy at any given gun store are fully automatic... He doesn't even know the current gun control laws that exist now, obviously.

He’s my guy. Too liberal on some issues for sure, but smart and pragmatic and will get stuff done. Doubt he gets much traction but we’ll see.

He’s my guy. Too liberal on some issues for sure, but smart and pragmatic and will get stuff done. Doubt he gets much traction but we’ll see.
He is my guy too..... Of course anyone not named trump is my guy or woman.

True. But if I were to pick from all trump alternatives, it’s Bloomberg
Really? I'm open to evaluating the candidates so if you could point me in the direction of what is appealing about him I will check it out. He seems like a self-important putz as much as I've seen of him.

Really? I'm open to evaluating the candidates so if you could point me in the direction of what is appealing about him I will check it out. He seems like a self-important putz as much as I've seen of him.

Self-important putz is a pretty good summary of most politicians, haha.

I'm just looking for someone smart, pragmatic, results-oriented, and as fiscally responsible as possible.

Self-important putz is a pretty good summary of most politicians, haha.

I'm just looking for someone smart, pragmatic, results-oriented, and as fiscally responsible as possible.
He demonstrates significant stupidity in that gun control related video above. Does he often take hard stances on issues he doesn't understand?

He demonstrates significant stupidity in that gun control related video above. Does he often take hard stances on issues he doesn't understand?

I agree. He'll never get traction nationally with this.

And no, he is generally not clueless.