What's new

Blowing up franchises one by one

The Jazz Wonderbra

The clippers lost in 2017 and the offseasons immediately following included the departure of Chris Paul, JJ Reddick, and Mbah a Moute. The team then cashed in on Blake Rojo for a haul and tried to double dip with Andre the giant. Crash and burn rebuild.

If the jazz beat OKC in the first round, where does that leave OKC? Well, they just traded a number of assets for a Paul George rental. Melody and Westbrook doesn't scare most. Melody has a player option for almost $30 million that he won't get elsewhere. They really bet hard on the triple headed all star and if it doesn't work... do they trade Westbrook? Do they rebuild? TBD. I for one will be tuned in to see.

Assuming the Jazz win this series, OKC is going to have to do some soul searching. They'll have some space after 2018/19, but Westbrook is going to eat so much space....

They’re screwed regardless. Jazz need to take care of business and knock them out of the playoffs. End their misery this yer so they can start the slow, painful rebuild.

Where is the “should we punt game 4” thread?

Cy get on it.

OKC will probably get stuck paying Melo next season.

No doubt he picks up that last year on his contract.

OKC will probably get stuck paying Melo next season.

No doubt he picks up that last year on his contract.

For sure... dude is washed... no one is paying him.

Really wish Houston had “won” the melo sweepstakes.

There are 2 Melo trades I see that make sense for OKC. Other than that, they are stuck with the guy next year. And I don't think they have the balls to waive or stretch him.

#1 Melo for Tristan Thompson. Nobody else wants Melo, but Cleveland might use him to make LeBron happy (according to many reports they would like to play together). Tristan is an energy guy who doesn't demand the ball like PG and Westbrook. I could see Cleveland saying no because how much Melo makes next season ($28). I could see OKC saying no because Tristan makes $18.5 in 2019.

#2 Melo for Ryan Anderson. I see Tristan being more possible than this. Ryan Anderson makes $20.5 and $21.5 the next two seasons. While that's only $6 million more than Tristan, at least Thompson rebounds and plays D.

LoPo got so bored just doing Jazz trades that he’s graduated to doing pointless trades for the rest of the NBA too.

Never change LoPo. Never change.

#LoPoIsTheNextNuggetsGM