What's new

Bojan situation

Do the jazz pick up anyone to aid with Bogey gone or just bring up a slc star ?
I think they may convert Brantley, but they need to weigh the long term implications of that type of maneuver. I think they could give him 3/4 years if they wait until the end of the season... I think if they convert it may be a two year deal or end of season and then we'd restricted FA rights... I'm not sure and don't want to look it up, but there are some limiting factors. They could also sign the Bluiett to a rest of the season deal if they want a shooter at the end of the bench.

I think the ultimate answer is more Niang… which doesn't sound too fun.

I think they'll give Brantley and Morgan a shot during the regular season. If one of them shows enough, then they could get some playoff minutes.

The Jazz could use someone who can put the ball down and score in different ways, and Brantley can do that. Guys like Ingles and Niang can be shut down by defensive switches.

I think they'll give Brantley and Morgan a shot during the regular season. If one of them shows enough, then they could get some playoff minutes.

The Jazz could use someone who can put the ball down and score in different ways, and Brantley can do that. Guys like Ingles and Niang can be shut down by defensive switches.

On Mitchell, Clarkson and Conley, i'm more or less ok at least one of these guys being on a good night (would even more if we had enough defense to keep momentum, and not being nearly every game in the position to have to fight all the way back from a bad start) What really worries me is that the entire season showed our best (if not only) defensive scheme is kneel down and pray for bricks.

17 man roster allowed for the playoffs. We could see JWF, Brantley and others. My favorite surprising contributor will be Oni.

Lol. I think it’s cute You think any of the three have a chance to play in playoffs.
I'm going to go ahead and say that Oni or Brantley will log some time in the regular season. We have a hole in the lineup now and one could carve a 5-10 minute a night role... similar to what Niang had.

Not saying it we see it in the playoffs but what I imagine the Jazz FO (and mine) hope or dream scenario for the rookie trio of Brantley, Oni and JWF would be is.

<Not comparing their games directly just the type of role for the Jazz>
Brantley = Crowder. Toughness, rebounding and switch'ability with enough shooting to be a threat.

Oni = Royce (on his rookie contract). Not as physically strong but a defensive minded wing that can switch and who can be a 3 and D guy who is a willing passer to keep the ball popping.

JWF = Clarkson. Scoring punch off the bench.

Obviously not likely to happen if playing the odds of any player just drafted but just the vision that the Jazz have for each of them, or at least me.