What's new

Bold Prediction: Alec Burks WILL have a huge breakout year.

yamers

Not much to say on it.

Just watch the way he plays. He's got all the attributes to be amazing. His ability to finish at the rim is incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak2prLs_XGU

Reactions: ema
I agree.

I believe Quin will have him in the starting lineup and will play him early and often.

Yep
Been saying this since he came in the league.

Give him minutes and opportunities and he will get to all star level

In that first pre-season game he missed a left handed lay up (there was some contract from the defender) after making a great move...... I was shocked that he missed. (So was alec. He was still shaking his head about it a few plays later)

It was a pretty tough shot that alot of players would struggle to make yet I was surprised he missed and so was he.

He has alot of confidence and I have alot of confidence in him

Last edited:
In that first pre-season game he missed a left handed lay up (there was some contract from the defender) acc m set making a great move...... I was shocked that he missed. (So was alec. He was still shaking his head about it a few plays later)

It was a pretty tough shot that alot off players would struggle to make yet I was surprised he missed and so was he.

He has alot of confidence and I have alot of confidence in him
I would be very surprised if that's what he was actually shaking his head about a few plays later. I agree that his ability at the rim is incredible. Hopefully he also has the ability to forget about the last play and focus on the current one as well. I think he does.

Burks will lead the team in scoring this year.

I'm predicting 18PPG on 45%/35%

Hayward will be at about 16PPG, 5 APG, 5 RPG

I think everybody who has watched the Jazz regularly can see what a talent he is. He will consistently be able to get double digit points because of how well he can draw fouls. After scrimmage and one game it does seem like he is a little stronger which would be huge to his game. But, he is going to need to take and hit a lot more 3's to have anywhere near a breakout and MIP season.

15/3/3 in 31 mpg, 2.4 tov

3 point shooters are going to take a lot of points away from primary ball handlers.

The worst thing about Burks:
how every highlight of his is tainted with Boler's "Houdini!" business. Speaking of taint, what kind of chronic disease do you think Boler has been sitting on?

Burks, my favorite player in the roster. Lucky to have him here, we've got something special brewing with him just you wait...

44 points per game from your starting wings would be a pretty good start.

16 + 18 = 34?

The worst thing about Burks:
how every highlight of his is tainted with Boler's "Houdini!" business. Speaking of taint, what kind of chronic disease do you think Boler has been sitting on?

Not ashamed to admit i love the houdini call

He attempted zero threes in 67 minutes so far in the pre-season. I was expecting him to work on his jumpshot and FT% this summer, looks like he did not. It's early so I still think he can emerge as a star player this year if he improves his 3P and FT shooting.

Y'all know I love this boy....

I freakin stood tall when he started like **** last year and a bunch of you tossed him out with the bath water.

Brandon Rush is better than Burks will ever be.

All of this.

This forum is like the parents of ****ty players who missed the junior high bball team because they sucked balls. It was coaches fault, he couldn't see their talent yo. Never the child's fault, excuses excuses.

Alec Burks sucks ***. I don't want to see him play another minute, and if it weren't for the tank he wouldn't.

Burks. Sucks. ***.

Put down the stat sheet and watch the game. Burks ruins the offense and can't play a lick of defense. His stats are padded from playing in junk minutes.

Burks will join the elite of Robert Whaley, CJ Miles, Jeremy Evans, Eric Maynor, Raul Neto, et al. who may not be bad players, but are over hyped and overvalued for how little value they actually bring.

I was never wrong on Alec. He has grown a lot in those 2 and a half years and we should all be happy that his work ethic and the coaching have earned him a solid amount of playing time. Corbin has brought Burks along at the perfect pace for Burks.

99% of posters arent nerds from Cannada.

If Burks ever makes an All Star game I will buy every person on this message board lunch.

#nTn

I'm getting hungry UGLI!!!

He attempted zero threes in 67 minutes so far in the pre-season. I was expecting him to work on his jumpshot and FT% this summer, looks like he did not. It's early so I still think he can emerge as a star player this year if he improves his 3P and FT shooting.

lol. knock it off. Two pre-season games.