What's new

Book Retires

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/4/15/21221748/trevor-booker-former-jazz-forward-retires-nba

“This is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever had to write. Do I just come out and say it at the beginning of this post or do I wait until the end? I think I’d rather tell some of my story first...

“Let’s start with a super shy, unsure, lanky built, box headed country boy that came from a city of two thousand people, one stop light, a Piggly Wiggly for a grocery store, and a graduating class of 12. I knew nothing other than country life. We had no resources at all. All I knew was family and outdoors, the simple and loving life. Being poor was so normal that you didn’t even know you were poor. It was just how everybody in the country lived. We had the best times just as long as we had each other. So let’s just say that I’m a proud country boy...

I don't blame him one bit. If I had been able to amass 20 mill or so by my 30's I'd have retired too.

Is this the official Trevor Booker Appreciation Thread?

Yes. Yes it is....

I was at that game. When they ejected Booker he walked off the court and from what I remember he threw his finger (pointer - not middle) up in triumph (I made a post about it after the game).

And I will always remember this shot:

I don't blame him one bit. If I had been able to amass 20 mill or so by my 30's I'd have retired too.

Agreed. I have a range in mind I’d like us to hit to feel secure. My wife will be retiring at 58 (minimum age to collect pension at her company) and I’ll be 65 at that point so when that time comes I want a particular amount amassed that simply grows until death with the hope that we live off of our two pensions and social security.

Last edited: