What's new

Brandan Wright

billyshelby

This thread is for KOC. But everyone else can look at it, too.

GS is about to lose Anthony Morrow because it will put them into the LT. They would love to shed Biedrins but his injuries have eliminated that possibility. They currently have Biedrins, Lee, Udoh, Gadzuric, and Radmanovic (if you want to call him a 4.) They didn't tender Tolliver, likely because of cap limitations, but maybe they want him back.

We can grab Wright with the Harp TPE and enable them to retain Morrow if they consider him more important than Wright. With the money they save, they might be able keep Morrow, add Tolliver back, and get a package they think is better than Wright. It's worth a phone call, KOC.

Thats actually pretty smart...
If wright can play like he did at UNC, he would be exactly what we're looking for.

I think GSW would rather have Wright than Tolliver, especially when Wright makes at little as he does this year. I don't see it happening.

Good thought, though.

I think GSW would rather have Wright than Tolliver, especially when Wright makes at little as he does this year. I don't see it happening.

Good thought, though.

I don't disagree that GS probably doesn't do it. But make the phone call. Prey on GS's vulnerability with Morrow. Get creative in a possibly expanded deal. Wright is a classic sleeper with a ton of athleticism and loads of upside. Look at his numbers when he's on the court. And the way his contract is structured, the Jazz hold all the cards to get his services at a great price going forward. I think KOC should be very aggressive trying to get him.

Was listening to Sacramento radio and they said they have no reason to believe Wright will be an NBA player, called it a wasted pick. I'll pass on that one

Was listening to Sacramento radio and they said they have no reason to believe Wright will be an NBA player, called it a wasted pick. I'll pass on that one

That's ridiculous. The guy's production in the limited time he got was actually excellent. He was sidelined by a truly unfortunate shoulder injury last season.

Wright's problem before the injury was Don Nelson. He would have thrived in most other environments.

Really not been that impressed with Wright so far regardless of the injury. At this point, any change would be good.

Really not been that impressed with Wright so far regardless of the injury. At this point, any change would be good.

Have you looked at Brandan Wright's numbers when he played? His PER's were 17 and 18. It's a highly limited sample, I admit, but you're still talking 1000 minutes and 30 starts. For a guy drafted 8th when he was 20. Who played at UNC. I'm not impressed that he's been hurt a lot, but I'm having a hard time not being impressed by what he did on the court when he wasn't hurt. The kid can play.

What are his injuries? Are they major things like Knees? Or minor like Wrist?

Shoulder and a hip flexor. The latter is meaningless. The shoulder is more of an issue, but the reports are he recovered fine. No knees. No wrist. He's playing in summer league right now and did well in his first game, not sure about anything else.

Brandon Wright 8, Pistons 2 so far.

Looking too good for GSW to trade.

This is Golden State! They've never made good decisions. That's why I say expand the deal if necessary. We take Gadzuric off their hands, hand them back Koufos, and maybe they get interested so long as they retain Morrow. All I'm asking is for KOC to try.

yea Kevin Mchale is a good judge of talent. Wright has talent but I haven't see much production because he has been hurt. Right now the Jazz have done zip so I wouldn't be against it but I doubt the Warriors would trade him unless they are dumping players to sell the team.

NO! To Brandan "The Rail-Thin" Wright, there is a reason he averages 38 games in his first two seasons in the NBA.