What's new

Brian Johnson leaving Utah

7StraightIsGreat

For a spot on Dan Mullen's Mississippi State staff.

Really happy for BJ and can't say I blame him at all. Even if he was promoted to OC before he was ready I still think this guy is going to be an amazing coach. Branching out to the SEC and getting a fresh perspective with a different HC will only help him with that. Wouldn't be surprised to see his path lead back to Utah someday.

Utah loses a great recruiter, especially in the state of Texas. If Whit manages to keep his job after this year he better hope Dave Christiansen can pick up the slack in that area.

I'm really happy with BJs in general.

Wow, even the intellectually challenged can see the writing on the wall.

Just when I think this whole PUD12 experiment can't get any better, it does.

Wow, even the intellectually challenged can see the writing on the wall.

Just when I think this whole PUD12 experiment can't get any better, it does.

I knew you'd be the first in with some Ute smack. However, I'm seriously offended by your lack of effort. While I hate you with extreme prejudice, I do consider you to be somewhat clever.

Do better next time, please?

I knew you'd be the first in with some Ute smack. However, I'm seriously offended by your lack of effort. While I hate you with extreme prejudice, I do consider you to be somewhat clever.

Do better next time, please?

What else could I have said that is more funny than the actual facts? I mean, this **** is pretty much writing itself.

But I'll try harder next time, honest.

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure we can win 5 games a season without Brian Johnson. I'd be worried about recruiting in Texas, but we only have 1 incoming player from Texas this year and the biggie decommitted and went to Kansas State.

File this under the "who really cares" folder. Brian Johnson's biggest contribution to Utah was the Sugar Bowl victory, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure we can win 5 games a season without Brian Johnson. I'd be worried about recruiting in Texas, but we only have 1 incoming player from Texas this year and the biggie decommitted and went to Kansas State.

File this under the "who really cares" folder. Brian Johnson's biggest contribution to Utah was the Sugar Bowl victory, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

this

How many years do you think it will take for you guys to reach this milestone? Seven? Ten? More?

And now Utah is coming after BYU's Guy Holliday who was only hired in the first place because Aaron Roderick's wife wears both pairs of pants in that family. It was a great thing for BYU though. Holliday's a stud and they've got some serious WR talent coming to BYU this year, and a lot of that has to do with him. Hopefully that goes nowhere.

I don't get why BYU fans think they have any room to talk smack to Utah fans. I don't get it at all. You have gotten your *** kicked by Utah for over a decade now. You don't put guys into the NFL (did you know that KVN will be the FIRST player recruited by Bronco to be drafted?), you don't beat BCS teams, you don't recruit well...yet you still run your mouths off.

And you think you are cool doing it. LOL. Too good.

And don't give me bowl game **** either. You went 2-5 vs BCS teams. The only reason you went to a bowl was because of how easy your schedule was, not how good you were. You had a .286 winning percentage vs BCS. Utah had a .272 (.333 if you pretend BYU is a BCS level team). You aren't a good team. You lost to freaking Virginia. LOL. The only other team Virginia beat last year was VMI (right, VMI? Who the hell is that?).

I love BYU fan talking up their incoming recruiting class, when it was ranked either 1-2 spots higher than Utah's or 1-2 spots lower (essentially, they were identical classes) and then turn around and talk about how bad Utah's recruiting class is. LOL. Yeah, Utah's class wasn't very good, but neither was yours. LOL.

Just no reality with these guys. I'm so glad we aren't playing them for another two years. Now, if they would just leave us alone for the next two years, that would be heaven.

Two things really stand out to me re: green's post.

1) Not a single thing you just complained about, and I do mean not one thing, has been brought up in this thread.

2) You do realize that you went on and on about how bad BYU sucks (not sure why you brought them up in this thread, since nobody else did*), but then posted this:

You had a .286 winning percentage vs BCS. Utah had a .272

Wow, way to make your point. Or something?

Morons will be morons.

*Duck mentions BYU in the context that Utah might be trying to get their guy. Far cry from smack talk, but when you're desperate, you're desperate.