What's new

Brooklyn, Milwaukee & Denver interested in Millsap

Twin Towers

• Brooklyn, Milwaukee and Denver are among the teams that might make a play for Utah forward Paul Millsap at the deadline. Millsap's contract expires at season's end. Most teams interested in obtaining Millsap, however, would do so with the intent of offering him an immediate extension.

https://www.foxsportsohio.com/01/20...r/msn_landing.html?blockID=852099&feedID=8888

Not sure why we would even consider trading him to Denver....... But who knows

There is nothing the Nets have that we even want. Would have to be a 3 team trade.

Milwaukee would most likely have to be a 3 team trade also. One thing that is interesting is the Bucks +/- statistics. Only Dunleavy, Ilyasova, Udrih & Lamb are in the Plus section. Kind of weird for a team around .500 Everyone else hurts the team.
https://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus/plusminus_sort.jsp?pcomb=1&season=22012&split=9&team=Bucks

The Bucks have Brandon Jennings. He would be an interesting player to grab.

Not a fan. He would create the same problem Mo Williams did. Jacking up outside shots than puts us in bad transition defense. Anyone who shoots over 10 times a game needs to shoot at least 45 percent in my opinion.

I can nearly guarantee Brandon Jennings will be better than most draft picks in this upcoming draft that are outside of the top 5.

I'd almost rather have a strong 3rd big or role player than Jennings who we know we're not winning with and who they're not trading anyway.

I suppose the flip side is to flip him next year.

• Brooklyn, Milwaukee and Denver are among the teams that might make a play for Utah forward Paul Millsap at the deadline. Millsap's contract expires at season's end. Most teams interested in obtaining Millsap, however, would do so with the intent of offering him an immediate extension.

This guy is a sports writer?

His genius schtick about LeBron returning to Cleveland in 2014 is always good for a chuckle.

I think Bucks seems like the best option. They have lots of lateral pieces that they wont mind to lose and may work out well for us.

Udrih and Moute for Sap and Watson is the first combination that come to my mind.

Moute is a good defender does all the little things, can play the 3 and most importantly wont mind coming from the bench.
Udrih is a "real" alternative for Mo, a pass first guard and would be an upgrade on backup pg spot and hes at last year of his contract.

I'd almost rather have a strong 3rd big or role player than Jennings who we know we're not winning with and who they're not trading anyway.

I suppose the flip side is to flip him next year.

Jennings has always been on a bad team, and has always been on extremely offensively limited teams. Give him some talent who can also score, and maybe he would become less selfish. I think it's a risk that can be made with little consequence. It doesn't work out, don't re-sign him.

Jennings has always been on a bad team, and has always been on extremely offensively limited teams. Give him some talent who can also score, and maybe he would become less selfish. I think it's a risk that can be made with little consequence. It doesn't work out, don't re-sign him.

Again, I don't know why they'd trade what they may consider a key, young piece for a UFA.

This.

It's a contract year for Jennings.

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wvw5nf

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225682/Higgins_Bobcats_Very_Active_Ahead_Of_Trade_Deadline

The Charlotte Bobcats are open to making a move before the Feb. 21 deadline.

“We’re very active – our owner wants us to be active,’’ Bobcats president of basketball operations Rod Higgins said.

Higgins said owner Michael Jordan has given Higgins and general manager Rich Cho “the green light to go out and make this team better…I don’t think there’s any limits to what we’d try to do.’’

Cho identified rebounding as an area of need.

“We need more help rebounding,” Cho said. “For now that has to be by committee. That’s something we’re going to address, whether through the trade deadline or through the draft.’’

I don't think Jennings is an upgrade over Mo.

They average the same assists, but Jennings averages 6 more PPG than Mo. Not to mention he's young, and therefore could actually be part of our plans going forward.

I see what you're saying (they're both chucker-ish), but Mo is definitely not on the same level as Jennings right now, and the gap between them will only grow as time goes on.