What's new

Burks' benching brainstorming (BBB)

Why is Burks glued to the bench?

• Foye is way better and deserves the time.

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Foye is marginally better but we need to win now.

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • His work ethic blows.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • He's failing to grasp our system or lack thereof.

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Corbin is masterfully motivating him.

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • He's a hopper?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • His attitude sucks

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

Gyp Rosetti

Banned
Why all the riding of the pine? What is your best guess? Please explain.

He's not even close to as good as Foye according to Corbin?
He's close to deserving playing time over Foye but God damn, Foye is crucial to our success now and only right now matters?
His work ethic blows?
He's not learning our system or lack thereof?
He's a hopper?
It's Corbin's brilliant motivational techniques?
He has an attitude?
Something else?

What say you?

Corbin thinks that Foye is better, and we need to win now. He obviously believes that Burks doesn't need time to develop, and won't help us.

The results on the court are mind boggling. Our record, our team chemistry, the play of the starters, etc. Foye has a nice 3 pt shot, and makes good passes.
I fail to find any other reason he belongs on the court so much. I want to see Foye play, just not for 30 mins. He simply gives up too much on the defensive end.

I have to believe there is more to the story regarding Burks. He's had a reputation in the past for being cocky and arrogant. Has it gotten worse this season? Has he been pouting and whining? Is he unsupportive of his team mates? Did he mouth off to Corbin?

The kid has a tremendous amount of talent. There's no reason he shouldn't be getting minutes. If the rumors regarding Burks being shipped out are true, then it must be due to his off court demeanor. I can't imagine the Jazz brass wanting to give up on him for any other reason.

I have to believe there is more to the story regarding Burks. He's had a reputation in the past for being cocky and arrogant. Has it gotten worse this season? Has he been pouting and whining? Is he unsupportive of his team mates? Did he mouth off to Corbin?

The kid has a tremendous amount of talent. There's no reason he shouldn't be getting minutes. If the rumors regarding Burks being shipped out are true, then it must be due to his off court demeanor. I can't imagine the Jazz brass wanting to give up on him for any other reason.

Link regarding his cockiness and arrogance?

I think you need to add another option to the poll: Because he is not a vet.

Look at our team in general. Starters right now have all been in the league for a long time. Hayward was starting and foye was backing up with hayward getting more minutes. Now hayward goes to the bench and his minutes go down, while foye starts and minutes go up.

Seems pretty black and white to me..... Nothing matters except age/experience. Favors is the best player on the team yet is like 8th in minutes i think. Foye gets more minutes than favors so obviously talent is not the determining factor for playing time.

th

545344.jpg

I think the jazz NEED someone with cockiness and arrogance.... someone who believes and wants to take over a game.

I always hear about guys being chuckers as a negative thing. And being cocky as a negative thing..... Well guess what? Durant is a cocky chucker, Kobe is a cocky chucker, carmello, derick rose, westbrook, harden, irving ect ect. All cocky chuckers.
We should be so lucky to have one on our team.

I think the jazz NEED someone with cockiness and arrogance.... someone who believes and wants to take over a game.

I always hear about guys being chuckers as a negative thing. And being cocky as a negative thing..... Well guess what? Durant is a cocky chucker, Kobe is a cocky chucker, carmello, derick rose, westbrook, harden, irving ect ect. All cocky chuckers.

I love guys with a killer instinct. I also very much appreciate a guy that believes he can take over the game at any time. That same person is very dangerous to his own team if he's delusional, though. Not saying this about Burks, just a dumb clarification.

I love guys with a killer instinct. I also very much appreciate a guy that believes he can take over the game at any time. That same person is very dangerous to his own team if he's delusional, though. Not saying this about Burks, just a dumb clarification.

I agree, and im not saying burks is like those guys i mentioned but it seems like if we were to draft a guy like derrick rose (cocky, ball hog type) we wouldn't use him properly and jazz fanz would crucify him for his ball hog ways.

I agree, and im not saying burks is like those guys i mentioned but it seems like if we were to draft a guy like derrick rose (cocky, ball hog type) we wouldn't use him properly and jazz fanz would crucify him for his ball hog ways.

If D Rose was a ball hog that wasnt that good I guess Jazz fans might crucify him, but he isn't so I think he would be fine here. Also, Rose doesn't seem that cocky, seems like a pretty nice guy.

All I can think of is Locke's draft analysis that he is too cool for school comment, whatever that means. Can someone please tell me what the hell that means?

that cockiness needs to be earned. Maybe he needs to be coached up first. Those players you mentioned earned that attitude. Burks still looks like he needs to learn how to play the right way. With that said I wish Burks was getting a little time to at least show he can improve.

If D Rose was a ball hog that wasnt that good I guess Jazz fans might crucify him, but he isn't so I think he would be fine here. Also, Rose doesn't seem that cocky, seems like a pretty nice guy.

Just cause your cocky/confident doesnt mean you are not a nice guy.
Im pretty sure that d rose is cocky and a nice guy..... and he is a ball hog due to fact that he shoots more than anyone on his team. And like i said, being a ball hog is not a bad thing and i think the jazz need someone like that. (alpha dog)

All I can think of is Locke's draft analysis that he is too cool for school comment, whatever that means. Can someone please tell me what the hell that means?

that cockiness needs to be earned. Maybe he needs to be coached up first. Those players you mentioned earned that attitude. Burks still looks like he needs to learn how to play the right way. With that said I wish Burks was getting a little time to at least show he can improve.

Most of those players i mentioned came in to the league believing they were "the man" already and then recieved playing time to prove it.
The best way to earn that cockiness is through playing time..... Sigh