What's new

Burying the hatchet with Roger

My biggest beef with Bell was really his first stint, and it wasn’t really even Bell. It’s that Bell and Harpring were Jerry’s pet players and were allowed to do stupid things and play outside the offense (moreso Bell), something Jerry would have killed anyone else for.

No. Corbin was bad at his job. Bell is and was fine, just eventually too old.

I never held a grudge... Bell was always a dude I really liked. Appreciate the kind words... we need all the help we can get right now.

I liked Raja a lot the first go round, his second stint soured me on him. It wasn't his beef with Corbin, it was how he went about things and his entitled attitude. He had some legit gripes, after a reread of what he said I think he told the truth and got hammered for it. Hayward was a 2 and not a true #1 option. Corbin wasn't a good coach. I can't speak for the unprofessional topic, but he was speaking the truth on other things so I think I'll have to trust him on that.

Raja, I forgive you and will no longer call you Roger Braille.

Not that it matters to you.

I like Raja Bell, even though he flopped like a fish out of water he still played hard every night.

He was better than Burks
Nah. I remember someone posted his advanced stats and he was literally like the worst player in the NBA.

Also my post didn't say he was playing ahead of guys that were better than him. It said he was playing ahead of the young guys. I wanted to see the young guys play. That's why I hated on him.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
It's good to see players sticking up for Utah and for Jazz fans. There are bad apples everywhere. It doesn't make all of us bad tho.

Oh horse ****. Raja signed with Utah the second time because The Jazz offered him 3 years; which was way over market value for a 34 year old journeyman guard coming off a season where he played all of 6 games.

Maybe Raja sees the Jazz hopes of ever signing a FA crumbling this week, and sees Korver earning 7 million to shoot 3's and sees an opportunity for a comeback.

Come august the jazz might have to give him a look.

I never hold a grudge with any Jazz player who leaves. Life is too short. They don't want to play for the Jazz then they are dead to me. LOL. Raja spoke his mind. I cannot complain about that. I just didn't think he was very good the second time around. I don't dislike Corbin, he was put in a tough position but he isn't head NBA coaching material. He should have stayed a head assistant. I don't know if it is true but it has been mentioned that he supported drafting Burke. That I haven't gotten over quite yet. LMAO. Nice to see him stick up for the Jazz and its fans.

The media is making it seem like this problem is only a Utah thing. I remember how the media made the SLC Olympics scandal seem like bribery in getting the Olympics started with SLC. I think the Jazz organization has handled it well. They could even go farther by having more security sit behind the visitors bench and perhaps they could reach out to Westbrook and personally apologize.

I’ll go ahead and use Corbin as the scapegoat for this one, as that’s who he had his beef with.

Never hated Raja honestly as I hated Corbin as well. I think some of the questions about him revolved about his first stint with Utah and his leadership style (used a lot of "I"s instead of "We"s when talking about things in a good light). That said, I always respected this guy a lot. And honestly, this just justifies it to me. It's always cool to see vets like him and Richard Jefferson gloss Utah to the way they do.

Matthews got too much money from Portland and we wouldn't match for the 2nd go round.
Didn't Matthews just get the full Midlevel?

I liked Raja the first stint but disliked him the 2nd stint because he pretty much replaced Matthews. Not matching on Matthews was one of our worst decisions ever.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app