What's new

Butlers quest to gain coaches trust.

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

He gets into the game, but doesn’t get the chance to do anything or build off anything, he gets the quick pull as soon as he gets in the game. Now is the time to let Butler make mistakes and figure things out. He’s also not being allowed to show he can defend and create turnovers. Isn’t this what he was known for at Baylor? I mean I don’t think he’s had any playing stints over 2-3 minutes, tell me if I’m mistaken, but tell me how he’s supposed to develop and gain any semblance of trust and development when he’s not even afforded enough time to get into any kind of game flow when he only plays two minutes at a time, am I wrong about this. He’s skilled smart and a good shooter. We need him if we want to keep players like Conley fresh and off the injury report, but he can’t get better and play this important role if he’s only getting one or two 2 minute stints per game.

Maybe I’m overreacting and Quin will start to ramp up his minutes as he slowly gets him more involved and more experience.

Thoughts. I just feel that now is the time to get him experience.

He gets into the game, but doesn’t get the chance to do anything or build off anything, he gets the quick pull as soon as he gets in the game. Now is the time to let Butler make mistakes and figure things out. He’s also not being allowed to show he can defend and create turnovers. Isn’t this what he was known for at Baylor? I mean I don’t think he’s had any playing stints over 2-3 minutes, tell me if I’m mistaken, but tell me how he’s supposed to develop and gain any semblance of trust and development when he’s not even afforded enough time to get into any kind of game flow when he only plays two minutes at a time, am I wrong about this. He’s skilled smart and a good shooter. We need him if we want to keep players like Conley fresh and off the injury report, but he can’t get better and play this important role if he’s only getting one or two 2 minute stints per game.

Maybe I’m overreacting and Quin will start to ramp up his minutes as he slowly gets him more involved and more experience.

The rest of the team has to come together so the coach isn't worried about losing to bottom-feeders every game. So it is the fault of everyone else not being in sync more than the coach right now. Rotten bastards. I do think Butler needs all, like every single second, of Oni's minutes. Oni should never see the floor again, imo, unless injuries dictate.

It’s not a trust thing, there are just better and more experienced players on this roster. The fact that he’s getting minutes at all is a bonus because realistically we don’t need any minutes from him unless injuries/rest happen.

When he’s on the court with 2-3 other ball dominant ball handlers he’s not going to get to run the offense. That’s just the reality of a rookie playing on a championship contending team.

I'm concerned. Not overly concerned, but it would be natural and understandable for a coach to prioritize wins over player development. Butler is our best prospect since Mitchel and will be important for staying competitive as a small market team in the future

It does seem Quin is committed to giving him some minutes, and it will be up to Butler to make the most of them. The concern is that those minutes might not be constructive enough to really allow him to develop, and that he won't be allowed to learn from his mistakes.

Seeing his killer instinct I can see this pushing him to work hard and "earn" his minutes. It will probably be mid season when he gets a little burn and goes off for 20-30 points. Plus, regular season is a different beast from preseason. Practice is more than likely helping him mold and get the system down.

Quin not playing him has burned me on Draftkings though. I was hoping he'd get that 10-13 minutes, especially vs OKC.

At the time of Joe's ejection, I believe Clarkson and Mitchell were in the game. I don't think Snyder wants to to play those two with Butler at the same time. Both defensively and offensively, really.

I'm having flashbacks to Dante. Nobody puts Baby in the corner.

Last edited:
"Jared Butler is a defensive-minded guard who shall develop in due time. He should not be confused with the predating Jared Scott Fogle from Subway. That sandwich-eating menace is now judiciously incarcerated at the Federal Correctional Institution, Englewood. Jared Butler shall develop, and in due time, take his place among the great players in Jazzfanz history."

As far as the OP: we’re two games in and this team SHOULD be heavily load managed. He’ll get opportunities.

Just here to remind that Oni didn't take any minutes from Butler. He got in for Ingles, and once he sucked, Quin looked at Forrest for that wing role (and i think that right now it makes sense as of Forrest being taller, stronger, more experienced, and a better defender than Butler)