Oct. 15 at Oregon State
Oct. 22 Idaho State
Oct. 29 Bye
Nov. 5 at Louisiana Tech
Nov. 12 Idaho
Nov. 19 New Mexico State
Nov. 26 Bye
Dec. 3 at Hawaii

Probably about a 10-win season there depending on what happens with OC position.

Personally, I think this schedule is pretty tough. Especially the first two, which are on the road. Then Utah will be extremely tough followed by the very athletic C. Florida. Then @ Oregon St, who have typically been very tough (they were a few plays away from upsetting Oregon and winning the PAC).

The good news is that I won't be living in Provo during next football season so I won't have to bitch about paying for that craptastic home schedule(not that it is any worse than this years). Obviously BYU declared Independence in the final hours so year 1's schedule was always going to be spotty. I think you start getting a look at what Independence will look like year-in-and- year- out starting with the '13 schedule.

Do you really think that Ole Miss, Texas, and Or. St are going to have losing records next year? Do you really think they'll be pushovers?

This.

To the person who said they'd get 10 wins, let's put a friendly wager on it. 10+ regular season wins, you win. 9- regular season wins, I win.

This.

To the person who said they'd get 10 wins, let's put a friendly wager on it. 10+ regular season wins, you win. 9- regular season wins, I win.
I will but want to see what happens with the OC position first. To me that is the biggest thing for BYU in the off-season.

I agree with the guy that said they put this together at the 11th hour but geez the ordering on that schedule is terrible. Similar to this year where it was tough early on then easier later.

That is a brutal way to start the season. Yes, not much BYU could do with it considering the timing of everything but still, there's a very real shot that this team loses it's first 4 games and still ends up 8-and-4. The 2nd half of the schedule has 4 definite wins and 2 that could go either way. Oregon State only finished with 5 wins this year but I have no idea what kind of talent is or is not returning for them. Either way, trips to Oregon State are never easy. Hawaii was a very good team this year and it's never easy to go and play on the island- escpecially the last game of the year (Cougar fans know this as well as anybody) but again, I have no idea what Hawaii returns in 2011.

It looks like the rivalry game in Week 3 will still be interesting. BYU could very well be fighting off an 0-and-3 start, plus it's their home opener. I could easily see Utah losing @ USC in week 2 so they'll be feeling the pressure not to lose 2 out of their first 3.

"That is a brutal way to start the season. "

yeah the first two teams were a combined 9-15. BRUTAL! I guess that's what happens to perception when you get rolled up by Utah State.

yeah the first two teams were a combined 9-15. BRUTAL! I guess that's what happens to perception when you get rolled up by Utah State.

How much you want to bet that both Ole Miss and Texas finish with losing records next year? You've made it clear in this thread that you don't believe Ole Miss or Texas are very good teams. Then you shouldn't have any problem making a bet with me. If both finish with losing records I'll owe you money. If not, then you owe me.

Come on, 100? 500? I'm looking for some easy money. Stop talking and put your money where your *** is.

If you're not willing to make this bet, then I suggest you stop talking since you obviously aren't going to back up your **** with any action.

Everything is relative. Do I think it's a brutal way for an Oregon or TCU to start the season? Absolutely not. For BYU? Yes.

I don't see them rolling down to Ole Miss and Texas and getting wins. Granted, I'm not like Thriller in thinking that both schools are certain to be better this season either. I think Texas will be, but I doubt it will be anything close to the Texas we're used to.

I just see BYU having a hard time opening on the road with two straight mediocre teams from the SEC and Big 12.

Considering that every college football team turns over about 1/4 of their roster every year, and BYU turns close to 40%, projecting anything about next year is a fool's game.

Considering that every college football team turns over about 1/4 of their roster every year, and BYU turns close to 40%, projecting anything about next year is a fool's game.

This is too easy, but I'm going to ask anyway: With so many Freshman and Sophmores playing for BYU this season, how is it possible that BYU is turning over close to 40% of their roster?

Plus, in breaking news, Texas DC and coach-in-waiting Will Muschamp just took the Florida job and everybody in Texas is flipping out. Muschamp was the main recruiter and reportedly the main mentor for Texas players on both sides of the ball. Texas fans are worried that he's taking main cogs of the Texas coaching staff and the majority of 2011 Texas recruits with him to Florida.

For the BYU fans assuming Texas will have a bounce back year and be a worthy opponent, you may want to rethink that.

This is too easy, but I'm going to ask anyway: With so many Freshman and Sophmores playing for BYU this season, how is it possible that BYU is turning over close to 40% of their roster?

Plus, in breaking news, Texas DC and coach-in-waiting Will Muschamp just took the Florida job and everybody in Texas is flipping out. Muschamp was the main recruiter and reportedly the main mentor for Texas players on both sides of the ball. Texas fans are worried that he's taking main cogs of the Texas coaching staff and the majority of 2011 Texas recruits with him to Florida.

For the BYU fans assuming Texas will have a bounce back year and be a worthy opponent, you may want to rethink that.

The fact that Texas hasn't missed out on a bowl game in like 30 years while being the face of college Football right now in the state most crazy for Football, leads me to believe that they'll be quite alright next year.

The fact that Texas hasn't missed out on a bowl game in like 30 years while being the face of college Football right now in the state most crazy for Football, leads me to believe that they'll be quite alright next year.

Right. Keep saying that and maybe you can will it to be true. Fact is, the Jewell of BYU's 2011 schedule is starting to look more like a polished turd.

I was thinking the same thing. BYU only gave out 13 blankets on Senior Day. That's far less than 40%. The only thing I could think of is missions. With players leaving on missions and coming home, I doubt that reaches 40%.

We'll see. I just don't see Texas being down for 2 straight years. They're far too talented and far too well coached for that. Yes, maybe Mack Brown isn't Phil Jackson. But I think he has a proven track record. Texas has been the model of consistency for college Football.

We'll soon see. But what does it matter? I thought Utah fans didn't care about BYU anymore?