BYU coaching changes

colton

All Around Nice Guy
Contributor
With the Robert Anae hiring, the following changes have also been made:

DuPaix out as RB coach
Cahoon out as WR coach
Mark Atuaia hired as RB coach
Garett Tujague hired, into unknown position (offensive line coach?)
https://www.deseretnews.com/article...ague-in-DuPaix-Cahoon-out-as-BYU-coaches.html
https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/55634815-88/byu-offensive-coach-coordinator.html.csp

Aaron Roderick hired into unknown position (some sort of assistant offensive coordinator or recruiting coordinator?)
https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/55642954-88/byu-offensive-coach-coordinator.html.csp

Anyone have opinions on Atuaia, Tujague, or Roderick?

Roderick is a really good coach and a really good recruiter. Atuaia is a demi god in the poly community. Tujague cant be worse the Weber was. Win Win Win as far as I'm concerned

I think roderick is the wide recievers coach.

I think its a bad idea to get rid of so many all at once, but i understand that anae wants to hand pick his own staff..... just think its a bad way to run a team (changing EVERYTHING all at once)

, but i understand that anae wants to hand pick his own staff.....

It's always hard to tell if that's what really is happening or not. BYU forced a lot of assistants on Bronco when he just started coaching because he didn't really have many coaching connections and he spent a lot of his years just weeding out guys. It seems like BYU just goes through the alumni coaching rolodex sometimes and takes whatever is there. These look like solid hires though. Guys with play calling experience. Guys with head coaching experience. The Poly pipeline in full motion again. I'm optimistic.

Roderick apparently staying at Utah now.

Will this guy ever get another interview? Takes a job a Washington only to go back to Utah. Takes a job at BYU, only to go back to Utah. Why would any other Head Coach ever interview this guy again?

Good for A-Rod, he's been through enough. Demoted for Norm Chow, passed over for Brian Johnson, etc. The last thing he needed was to leave Utah to join a mid-major.

Utah keeps a great recruiter.

I actually really feel bad for Joe Dupaix and his family( really great people), he lives in my ward. Hes a real nice guy with 7 kids. His wife is the Primary president. Its crazy, we were just talking last month about him being a coach at BYU and how its only a year to year contract. Said you never know what your be doing, just hoping your be picked up for another year. Did Domain remain a coach or is he out as well? He lives in the ward next to me and was made Bishop like 6 months ago. Crazy, how quick things change.

Did Domain remain a coach or is he out as well? He lives in the ward next to me and was made Bishop like 6 months ago. Crazy, how quick things change.

As far as has been announced, I think Doman is still in the running for being QB coach again (if he wants it). But when all is said and down I'd be pretty surprised if he's on the staff next year.

LOL at Arod. What a girl.

Glad to keep him due to his recruiting prowess, but the guy has to stop being so wishy-washy. Accepting a job at Washington only to back out and stay at Utah, and then doing the same thing to BYU makes him look stupid.

Glad to keep him due to his recruiting prowess, but the guy has to stop being so wishy-washy. Accepting a job at Washington only to back out and stay at Utah, and then doing the same thing to BYU makes him look stupid.

He failed at obtaining an Ecclesiastical endorsement at Washington too?