What's new

Cannot see embedded tweets or other media...

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
I know a few people have had this issue as they have mentioned. I am not certain if it is in the code of the forum or what, but I do not have this issue on any other forum. It is a problem on PC and on my phone.

Samsung Note 20
Google Chrome - mobile and desktop (also happens with MS Edge and other browsers, even my TOR browser)

Here is what I see, a few examples. From the Rudy Gobert is a Beast thread. https://jazzfanz.com/threads/rudy-the-beast.160085/page-7#post-2115167

1642019185438.png

This is from my own post. I posted a tweet and when I go back, it shows blank, but if I quote it:

1642019222079.png

And then if I post the quote:

1642019244301.png

Here is an example with a youtube video:

1642019296064.png
Note,. no "play" button. It shoes up as a picture. But if I quote it again:

1642019337271.png
Now the play button is there and I can play the video, until I navigate away.

Anyway this has been going on for some time. I have seen numerous comments from others with the same or similar issues. Can we look into this?

@Jason @colton

Thanks!

Thanks. I’ll see if that embedded feature needs a code update. Others experiencing this please chime in…

Thanks. I’ll see if that embedded feature needs a code update. Others experiencing this please chime in…
Oddly enough I used to but it magically fixed itself and there's nothing I can point to that changed other than it just started working one day.

I've completed an update of that feature's code. Release notes didn't indicate it solves what you're describing but do let me know your experience. Thanks!

I've completed an update of that feature's code. Release notes didn't indicate it solves what you're describing but do let me know your experience. Thanks!
Thanks, will do.

Not any better for me. Bummer. Thanks for checking it out though.

Made an adjustment to the YouTube embed which might help (not confident). Any update? Also, if you just go to the Rudy Beast link you provided and consistently reload can you duplicate the problem? Or more random than that?

OK so I just started a new job and I got a work cell phone. On my Galaxy S20 the tweets show up. On my work phone an iPhone 12 they do not show up. In both cases using a browser to go to jazzfanz.com

On my PC they show up.

I'm gonna download the app for the iPhone and see what happens.

EDIT: Is there no iPhone app?

Got rid of the app. Tapatalk sucked.

Interesting on the iPhone. Using safari?

Got rid of the app. Tapatalk sucked.

Interesting on the iPhone. Using safari?
Yes, using Safari. First time using an iPhone for me so it could be something settings related on my end.

Yes, using Safari. First time using an iPhone for me so it could be something settings related on my end.
Any idea if your work phone has a VPN on it? Log's situation is on a PC and seems different so probably unrelated.

Any idea if your work phone has a VPN on it? Log's situation is on a PC and seems different so probably unrelated.
There is a very good chance that it does.

It seems to be working for me now, at least on my phone. I'll keep watching for it. Thanks @Jason for working on it.

Is it connecting to your company's wifi?

On my work computer, going thru the network, any of the embeds from Twitter or Instagram are just blocked. :(
No it was doing it on my personal phone and my work phone. On my personal laptop and work laptop both. Our network doesn't block Twitter. But whatever Jason did seems to be working for me now.

Ok for the most part it is working well. I wonder if a tweet with a quote in the same post is causing some problems. In this post I cannot see the tweet and it also has a quote in the post, but I can see it if I quote it myself.

This one right?

Attachments

• 186F3F0F-536E-47BB-BC53-8AE4C2D349ED.jpeg
    186F3F0F-536E-47BB-BC53-8AE4C2D349ED.jpeg
    694.4 KB · Views: 9