What's new

Chris Singleton to the Jazz?

A-Train (old)

2efkih5.png

If anybody has ESPN Insider go to the NBA Rumors on espn.com to see what they actually say about it.

I like Evans, but he's not a rotation player. Singleton might be one day. Lose mostly nothing to get maybe a little something. Win-win.

I'm curious to know why they mention Utah specifically. If the idea is that it would take Bell or Foye then Halle****inglujah.

According to that article Singelton has been playing all his min at the PF. I thought coming out he was a SF and a good perimeter defender. I am sure he is getting beat up in the post

Sounds like a Jerry guy:

the 6-foot-9 Singleton is averaging just 4.7 points and 3.8 rebounds while shooting just 38 percent from the floor and 12.5 percent from beyond the three-point line.

Singleton’s hustle and aggressiveness on defense helped him earn more minutes and eventually put him back in the starting lineup last month.

But what does Singleton offer than DeMare Carroll doesn't already give?

Now if it was Bell and Watson for Singleton and Wall I wouldn't say no.

Also, reading that Washington article it was frightenig how similar the Wizards are to the Jazz. Log Jam of veterans at the pf & c, young guys behind them wanting to play, uncertain rotations, coach wishing he could find more time for players who deserve it, journeyman veterans playing ahead of young guys.

Are the Jazz that close to the abyss?

But what does Singleton offer than DeMare Carroll doesn't already give?

A thought that certainly crossed my mind as well. Carroll brings better skill to the table, but Singleton is younger, would be under the Jazz's thumb contractually, and is a very impressive physical specimen. He could get better.

If you're not really trading anything that you can't or shouldn't move forward with, then I see no downside. But I'm sure Washington wants SOMETHING they MIGHT be able to build with.

Washington needs some better scouts I think. Vessely - bust, Singleton - bust, Beal - very meh. They're lucky Wall was the consensus #1 in 2010 or they probably would have went for Wesley Johnson.

I think if a trade like this was to happen it could be part of a bigger trade with a 3rd team for a pg as the big piece. Something like cousins going to washington and wall coming to the jazz. Not sure how high the wizards are on wall anymore but you never know. I do feel the Jazz seem to be high on finding a pg.

Do you think a combo of Al, Roger and Foye would be enough to land him?

Depends on what washington is looking at in return. Often times you need another team to get involved.

Even though Wall has been disappointing he will come at a high price for anyone that wants him.
He still is a #1 overall pick.

I haven't read this thread .. but I just gotta say I hated on Chris during the 2012 draftee thread .. can't imagine he will ever do anything, at all.....

I kind of hated on him too. Only by virtue of people wanting to draft him 12th. But if you can get him for peanuts you're about to throw in the trash anyway, what's the downside?

Anyway.