What's new

Collin Sexton Efficiency

Tremendous Upside

Now that is take, and a hot one.

Based on age, contract and development history, its fair to argue he is the 3rd most likely player to be on the team after Lauri and Kessler.
If it turns out he's not a starter here and another team offers him that role, he'll absolutely be gone. Not likely, though.

Tremendous Upside

as if the negotiation to get him to Utah on far less than he is worth didn't include starter guarantees once healthy lol
Far less than he is worth??? LOL.

The Cavs had absolutely no takers for him. None. The NBA as a whole didn't want to pay Sexton $20 million per year. Teams saw him as a $12 mil bench guy.

HeatCheck

The Cavs had absolutely no takers for him. None. The NBA as a whole didn't want to pay Sexton $20 million per year. Teams saw him as a $12 mil bench guy.
Dude was damaged goods coming off knee surgery which is why Ainge got him on that contract. After the Lonzo situation no team is going to touch a player coming off that type injury until he proves he's healthy.

According to the rumors last summer there were teams such as Dallas and the Lakers that wanted him but they were tax paying teams. Lux tax teams can't do sign and trade deals per the CBA. Cuban had to finally send out a tweet to the Mavs fans explaining that fact to them.

Eddie Zero

How is it that you cannot understand value now being better than what it was this summer? Your takes are gradeschool

Eddie Zero

I’m really hoping Sexton comes back for his revenge game against Cleveland. I miss watching him play. We could have used him tonight.
is he available ? I am guessing he won't be and it will all be PR smiles and fist bumps , but I would much rather have seen him fully healthy and making them eat it. Instead I am hoping its Marky that drops 40 on them

FrenchJazzFa

2022 Award Winner
Colin is a good shooter , no doubt about that. Coming from the bench and beeing so efficient is impressive. Does it make him a starter PG? I have my doubt for 1 reason : He is not goog enough at passing and conducting the game. Mike is really lower in terms of shooting but he is 3 step ahead in terms of Basket ball IQ. If we trade Mike, then the question is stupid. But i do not thing Sexton/JC tandem as starters will work well.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Colin is a good shooter , no doubt about that. Coming from the bench and beeing so efficient is impressive. Does it make him a starter PG? I have my doubt for 1 reason : He is not goog enough at passing and conducting the game. Mike is really lower in terms of shooting but he is 3 step ahead in terms of Basket ball IQ. If we trade Mike, then the question is stupid. But i do not thing Sexton/JC tandem as starters will work well.

Sexton/Clarkson together on the floor at the same time has actually been pretty good this year.

HermanG

Btw at least one of the heated conversations between Hardy and Sexton (in the Sixers game) was apparently more about scolding than coaching him. Sometimes the difference between the two is vague though.. but Hardy didnt initiate that discussion. Sexton asked why he was subbed so early.

One guy made a lip read video that seems pretty accurate

View: https://youtu.be/Xe34rFzLQJA