What's new

Combine any two Jazz players

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
We did this thread last year, most of which being some combination of Korver + someone. As it’s less obvious this year, and as we’ve had a week of fairly underwhelming okay, I figure go ahead and take this year’s crack at it. This may be about as realistic, and perhaps in some cases more realistic, than some of the trades or signings we’d like to see.

Rules: when you combine two players, each guy drops out of the rotation and you can only use the combo player.

There are some good combos. I’ve thought Bojan/Royce would be good, but my top would have to go to Conley/Gobert.

Tony Bradley and Nigel Williams Goss... just to see if their combined skills make one nba player... that and I’m not sure how safe @infection ’s technology is and I’d rather test it on expendables.

We did this thread last year, most of which being some combination of Korver + someone. As it’s less obvious this year, and as we’ve had a week of fairly underwhelming okay, I figure go ahead and take this year’s crack at it. This may be about as realistic, and perhaps in some cases more realistic, than some of the trades or signings we’d like to see.

Rules: when you combine two players, each guy drops out of the rotation and you can only use the combo player.

There are some good combos. I’ve thought Bojan/Royce would be good, but my top would have to go to Conley/Gobert.
I'm having a hard time understanding why you'd want to mix the Jazz version of Conley with anyone... unless maybe you're trying to make him disappear to open up a roster spot. I am still hopeful, BTW, that a much better version of Conley will eventually emerge.

Bradley/Tucker would give us an explosive back up center, something like Hayes on steroids

I'm having a hard time understanding why you'd want to mix the Jazz version of Conley with anyone... unless maybe you're trying to make him disappear to open up a roster spot. I am still hopeful, BTW, that a much better version of Conley will eventually emerge.
I know you’re saying that somewhat (but not completely) tongue-in-cheek, but even with Conley underperforming, people will respect him enough that he won’t be wide open on the perimeter. Being able to handle the ball, catch, pull up Js... good stuff. Plus it consolidates the roster a bit.

**** it. Donovan and gobert
All star + all star = super duper star championship

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Yes but you’re also taking two really good rotational players and whittling it down to one.

I know you’re saying that somewhat (but not completely) tongue-in-cheek, but even with Conley underperforming, people will respect him enough that he won’t be wide open on the perimeter. Being able to handle the ball, catch, pull up Js... good stuff. Plus it consolidates the roster a bit.
It feels like you're talking about the version of Conley that we hoped to get. If Rudy shot from the outside the way that Conley has been then I'm confident that the opposition would be happy to let him shoot. Same thing for passing.

Combine 2? Tucker and Niang. Tuckers athleticism with Niangs size and shooting. If you use one guy, do you lose him? If so, no way you include Mitchell or Gobert. They are good enough on their own.

Or just give DM Ed Davis' height. Then you never have to have Davis in the rotation, and DM would be a top 5 player in the league

Morgan+ Niang could solve our backup big question marks. Morgan's size, position versatility, switchable defense and solid athleticism + Niangs shooting.

Niang and Royce. Then we have an elite starting PF. Or maybe niang with one of the bench scrubs that's athletic.

The other that would be great has NGW with Gobert. We don't lose any depth and we get Gobert with good ball handling skills, passing, and a shot. The great passing would be huge for our team especially from someone his height. If Gobert could pick and pop as well as his rolling ability and be able to pass it would be unstoppable.