What's new

Conflict is the essence of a good story

firegirl

Some pensive thoughts for you all:

When we watch a movie or read a book, the story MUST have insane hurdles or conflicts, otherwise the story falls flat. Our hero must face horrible things, or he doesn't grow.

What's interesting is in our own lives we HATE hurdles and conflicts. We want things to be easy or we want to jump over our hurdles with little to no casualties. We're essentially robbing ourselves of a good story in our lives.

Like Kyle said last night, this is simply part of an incredible story. We must have conflict in order to have an amazing story in the end.

Enjoy the journey everyone! Be passionate about our team and your lives. It will all end too quickly and we’ll look back with regret that we didn't enjoy it more.

When we watch a movie or read a book, the story MUST have insane hurdles or conflicts, otherwise the story falls flat. Our hero must face horrible things, or he doesn't grow.

What's interesting is in our own lives we HATE hurdles and conflicts. We want things to be easy or we want to jump over our hurdles with little to no casualties. We're essentially robbing ourselves of a good story in our lives.

Like Kyle said last night, this is simply part of an incredible story. We must have conflict in order to have an amazing story in the end.

Enjoy the journey everyone! Be passionate about our team and your lives. It will all end too quickly and we’ll look back with regret that we didn't enjoy it more.
Agreed.
I especially agree with the last paragraph.
Be happy people. Life is good for the most part

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I’ve chilled out a lot... I hope we win a title but am at peace in life if we don’t. This team is full of great dudes that are fun to watch.

Great post and I agree... I hope this is part of this teams story and this galvanizes us and motivates the guys to improve.

Also when I look at my life and career... I had some low points and frustrations... could have accepted them but they became pivot points for me and I got better worked harder... looking back... without those I’d maybe have been content with okay.

The end of the season was definitely the character in movies that has a incredibly bad luck spell. That was crazy how it played out.

Reactions: RJF
Also when I look at my life and career... I had some low points and frustrations... could have accepted them but they became pivot points for me and I got better worked harder... looking back... without those I’d maybe have been content with okay.

Same here!

Good advice and wisdom.

I would just like to add that the struggle is where the growth comes from and the character is developed.

A ray of light in what has otherwise been a dark and dreary couple of weeks here on the forum. The pessimism has been palpable in the game threads. It would appear as most "fans" would prefer we lose so it fits their narrative.

Biggest thing for me is that it almost feels like this series was the necessary evil that we needed right now to get the FO to buy in to actually improving the team this offseason. I am really hopeful that this is eye opening for them and they take the necessary steps to get the Jazz to the next level heading into next season.

I will be very eager to see what they have in store for us over the summer to improve.

The last paragraph of the first post reminded me of this for some reason...

Then suddenly I realized that Firegirl = Cob!!! The championship is here to be had if I only realize that this is a dream and I "wake up". I will not die an old man filled with regret!

No seriously folks... amazing movie and good insight.

I was at the game. Game 3. I went fully expecting a pretty big loss. Double digits. But I'm a fan. I wanted to see the guys one more time before things change in the off season. They've been a really great group.

What I got instead was a really fun, really close, really great game. It sucked that we lost. It really did. But it wasn't the same as an utter blowout. This was a team that came out and competed. I was surprised at how sanguine I was about the whole thing when the final buzzer sounded. It was more than I expected. One of the only times I've left a lost game feeling decent instead of angry, sad, or just annoyed. And like Kyle Korver, I'm hopeful about the future because why not? Excited to see where things go. (And I decided to go to tonight's game after all, haha.)