What's new

Conley Injury Updates

The Jazz Wonderbra

Does anyone have any updates on Conleys injury? Any news on when he is expected back?

The sooner he is back the sooner we can start incorporating him back into the team and if the fit just isnt right we need to know that prior to trade deadline. I fear he wont be back before the deadline which doesnt leave us enough time to determine whether it's just early season struggles or if it's really not the right fit.

No. The Jazz say nothing. They think if they’re super secretive, super guarded, and super vague, that it somehow is better and prevents anger, frustration, speculation, and discussion. But the opposite happens.

Dieng and RoCo for Conley (they just traded Teague) and a couple 2nds.
Man... This trade totally works and makes perfect sense for both sides... only thing that would prevent it from happening is probably DL's ego. Only if he can see Conley's trade as a loss right now...

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/jazzs-mike-conley-goes-through-physical-workout/

Conley (hamstring), who is out Thursday against the Pelicans, went through a "physical" workout following morning shootaround, Andy Larsen of KSL.com reports.

It appears Conley may be on the verge of a return. He's been sidelined since Dec. 19 due to a strained hamstring. The Jazz have been on fire in his absence, and it's unclear how the organization will choose to work him back in.

Reactions: SCS
My personal prediction is he comes back next Saturday against the Mavs... just a guess looking at the schedule. If this was the playoffs I think he'd be playing... he's likely ready but the want to make sure he ready ready.

I think being secretive about injuries and timing is the right thing to do for several reasons - most importantly for the players. That is what matters.
I view it more as having a Streisand effect.

No. The Jazz say nothing. They think if they’re super secretive, super guarded, and super vague, that it somehow is better and prevents anger, frustration, speculation, and discussion. But the opposite happens.
Why do they have to say anything? If I were running the jazz I wouldn’t say anything either. This way if the jazz are floundering without him, bring him back sooner, if the jazz haven’t lost since his injury then hell, leave him out a little longer

Mike is probable for the game tomorrow... per Larsens... let’s see what happens!

Great. I have been sick and tired of the neverending discussions about him while he wasn't able to play. Hopefully he will come back to shape and fit the system.

Translation... he coming off the bench and this is the cover for that... it likely continues after amazing success, but this is our cover/excuse.
Lol, the guy has played one game in over a month and reaggregated his injury in that one game. I'm pretty sure the minutes restriction is due to that. Just like every other player in the history of injuries.