What's new

Contest: Guess Jazz Player Heights

idiot

… since the NBA is mandating accurate height measures. (As you're guessing, remember it's without shoes.)

Ground Rules:
1. Make your guesses in 1/4-inch intervals.
2. (Bragging rights) winner(s) will be determined by the least total deviation added up from each player's official Jazz measurements during the upcoming training camp.
3. You can also guess which player's official pre-training camp height differs the most from their training-camp measured height. For the purpose of calculating a winner, one inch will be removed from the pre-training camp height to take account of shoes.
4. I will also calculate our group averages, to see how well the "wisdom of crowds" does.
5. If the NBA releases information only to the nearest inch, guesses of 1/4-inch above the full inch will be rounded down, while 1/2-inch and 3/4-inch above the full inch will be rounded up (unless there is info that the NBA has done differently).
6. Contest lasts until next week (Friday, Oct. 4), unless the Jazz happen to release the new official heights sooner.

It will help me in inputing data if you follow this order with your guesses:

Gobert
Davis
Bradley
Ingles
Bogdanovic
Green
Niang
Brantley
Howard
Kidd
O'Neale
Conley
Mitchell
Exum
Mudiay
Oni
Williams-Goss
Wright-Foreman

Whose officially-measured training camp height will differ most from their pre-training-camp listed height?:

EDIT: Somehow forgot about Niang. He's there now.

Last edited:
They’ve always listed heights as with shoes. I heard about measurements in camp, but are they reverting to without shoes? I’d imagine it’d look better if they went with the inflated numbers.

They’ve always listed heights as with shoes. I heard about measurements in camp, but are they reverting to without shoes? I’d imagine it’d look better if they went with the inflated numbers.

The stuff I've seen is that these new official measurements will be done without shoes. I don't know if they'll add and inch or an inch and a half after to try to be comparable with earlier listed heights. If I hear anything I'll adjust accordingly.

I'll start with a spit-balling estimate (I may give a better guess later):

Gobert 7-0 3/4
Davis 6-8 1/2
Bradley 6-10
Ingles 6-7 1/2
Bogdanovic 6-5 3/4
Green 6-7 3/4
Niang 6-6 3/4
Brantley 6-5 3/4
Howard 6-6 3/4
Kidd 6-5 1/4
O'Neale 6-4 3/4
Conley 5-11 3/4
Mitchell 6-1 1/2
Exum 6-5
Mudiay 6-3 1/2
Oni 6-4 1/2
Williams-Goss 6-1 3/4
Wright-Foreman 6-0

Whose officially-measured training camp height will differ most from their pre-training-camp listed height?: Bogdanovic

Last edited:
This is my kind of thread

Please god let PGAB see this. I want to put his ability to make eyeball measurements to the test.

… since the NBA is mandating accurate height measures. (As you're guessing, remember it's without shoes.)

Ground Rules:
1. Make your guesses in 1/4-inch intervals.
2. (Bragging rights) winner(s) will be determined by the least total deviation added up from each player's official Jazz measurements during the upcoming training camp.
3. You can also guess which player's official pre-training camp height differs the most from their training-camp measured height. For the purpose of calculating a winner, one inch will be removed from the pre-training camp height to take account of shoes.
4. I will also calculate our group averages, to see how well the "wisdom of crowds" does.
5. If the NBA releases information only to the nearest inch, guesses of 1/4-inch above the full inch will be rounded down, while 1/2-inch and 3/4-inch above the full inch will be rounded up (unless there is info that the NBA has done differently).
6. Contest lasts until next week (Friday, Oct. 4), unless the Jazz happen to release the new official heights sooner.

It will help me in inputing data if you follow this order with your guesses:

Gobert - 7'1.25
Davis - 6'10.75
Bradley - 6'11.75
Ingles 6'8.25
Bogdanovic - 6'8.25
Green - 6'8.5
Niang 6'7.5
Brantley 6'7.75
Howard 6'8.25
Kidd 6'6.25
O'Neale 6'6.25
Conley 6'0.5
Mitchell - 6'2.75
Exum 6'5.5
Mudiay - 6'3.5
Oni - 6'7.5
Williams-Goss 6'1.5
Wright-Foreman 5'11.75

Whose officially-measured training camp height will differ most from their pre-training-camp listed height?:

EDIT: Somehow forgot about Niang. He's there now.

I didnt google for past history either.

I'll start with a spit-balling estimate (I may give a better guess later):

Gobert 7-0 3/4
Davis 6-8 1/2
Bradley 6-10
Ingles 6-7 1/2
Bogdanovic 6-5 3/4
Green 6-7 3/4
Niang 6-6 3/4
Brantley 6-5 3/4
Howard 6-6 3/4
Kidd 6-5 1/4
O'Neale 6-4 3/4
Conley 5-11 3/4
Mitchell 6-1 1/2
Exum 6-5
Mudiay 6-3 1/2
Oni 6-4 1/2
Williams-Goss 6-1 3/4
Wright-Foreman 6-0

Whose officially-measured training camp height will differ most from their pre-training-camp listed height?: Bogdanovic
You got Oni wayyyy ****ed up. 6'7 at the shortest.

Gobert 7'1.5"
Davis 6'10.25"
Bradley 6'10.5"
Ingles 6'8"
Bogdanovic 6'7.75"
Green 6'8.5"
Niang 6'7.75"
Brantley who?
Howard huh?
Kidd who dat?
O'Neale 6'6.5"
Conley 6'0.5"
Mitchell 6'2.5"
Exum oh he ded (6'6")
Mudiay 6'5"
Oni 6'4"
Williams-Goss 6'3"
Wright-Foreman ummmmm?m

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

They will still be unofficial with a home bias. We know Mitchell is 6'1.5" and hasn't grown, but the Jazz will list him as 6'2" or 6'2.5"

Don't care. My god the NBA is focused on the most meaningless, ridiculous ****. "Governors", banning ninja style headbands, accurate player heights.... Adam Silver is a weirdo

Don't care. My god the NBA is focused on the most meaningless, ridiculous ****. "Governors", banning ninja style headbands, accurate player heights.... Adam Silver is a weirdo

I'm sure the player heights is a concession to bettors, and not Silver's baby per se.

Gobert 7'1.5"
Davis 6'10.25"
Bradley 6'10.5"
Ingles 6'8"
Bogdanovic 6'7.75"
Green 6'8.5"
Niang 6'7.75"
Brantley who?
Howard huh?
Kidd who dat?
O'Neale 6'6.5"
Conley 6'0.5"
Mitchell 6'2.5"
Exum oh he ded (6'6")
Mudiay 6'5"
Oni 6'4"
Williams-Goss 6'3"
Wright-Foreman ummmmm?m

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

These are without-shoes heights? (Fine if so, just checking)