What's new

Corbin Talks About the Jazz Depth and Getting Guys Minutes

nightmare3983

First BF League CHAMP
Contributor
https://weareutahjazz.com/lockedonj...confronting-the-jazz-finally-addressed-today/

Two quotes from Ty:

There will be things we look at for quite a while , what gives us the best chance to win going forward. Combinations may change , we might change the starting lineup here and there, we just want to play, we want the do the best to step forward and play. Everyone is going to get minutes we are a deep team, guys are going to have runs where they are going well and someone is struggling and we change the rotation to help us win.

We have minutes and how guys are going to respond to and staying focused on the prize of winning games and getting better as a team and when all the other dynamics get into it, about minutes and shots and points and that stuff and outside influences and can we stick together and keep fighting together thorough tough times and if someone is going good and somebody else minutes are struggling or down a little bit staying with it, keep working and fighting through and being ready.

Eh. Coach speak and politics. We all know how its REALLY going to go down.

Right. The guys we want to get minutes won't, and the guys we want on the bench will get too many minutes. Note that this will apply regardless of who is playing or sitting on the bench.

Right. The guys we want to get minutes won't, and the guys we want on the bench will get too many minutes. Note that this will apply regardless of who is playing or sitting on the bench.
It almost sounds like you are saying some people in here always bitch no matter what happens. But Im sure you wouldnt be saying that.....

I thing Ty has his work cut out for him. I do not envy his position but I do not think he is being realistic thinking players and fans are going to like the distribution of minutes. The preseason has been somewhat frustrating because of the lack of playing time for Burks. I certainly think he outplayed Foye. If there was a true competition then Mo, Burks/Hayward, Marvin Williams Kanter and ? would start. The only guys who have clearly played well are Kanter and Marvin Williams. Everyone else had some moments but they were inconsistent and certainly didn't earn playing time.

I think Ty will play the vets regardless of how they play and the young guys (mostly Burks/Kanter/Favors) will have to earn their way again. Last year I wasn't that upset with Ty's rotation except for the Hawks game and not playing Burks and Favors more.

This doesn't apply with me regardless of who is playing or sitting on the bench.

Bring burks in before foye and im happy

I thing Ty has his work cut out for him. I do not envy his position but I do not think he is being realistic thinking players and fans are going to like the distribution of minutes. The preseason has been somewhat frustrating because of the lack of playing time for Burks. I certainly think he outplayed Foye. If there was a true competition then Mo, Burks/Hayward, Marvin Williams Kanter and ? would start. The only guys who have clearly played well are Kanter and Marvin Williams. Everyone else had some moments but they were inconsistent and certainly didn't earn playing time.

I think Ty will play the vets regardless of how they play and the young guys (mostly Burks/Kanter/Favors) will have to earn their way again. Last year I wasn't that upset with Ty's rotation except for the Hawks game and not playing Burks and Favors more.

This.

I wish that corbin wouldn't just talk about how guys have to earn thier minutes and instead would actually apply that philosophy.... but like cowhide and countless others have said: Corbin will play mostly vets and wont change rotations based on production.
Only way we see rotation changes is due to injury or trade.

Its so predictable..... Starters will be Mo, hayward, marvin, millsap and jefferson. (all vets) Tinsley (vet) will come in for Mo, Foye (vet) will come in for hayward, Carroll (older guy who stayed in school 4 years) will come in for marvin, favors and kanter will get backup minutes only because there are no vets left to take thier minutes.

Earn their way??? Did you not watch what happened last year? Playing hard got nothing for Kanter and Burks; they played hard until they got so frustrated with not getting a minute's more time that they lost their confidence. Corbin never varied from his rotation except when forced to by injury or fouls.

Earn their way??? Did you not watch what happened last year? Playing hard got nothing for Kanter and Burks; they played hard until they got so frustrated with not getting a minute's more time that they lost their confidence. Corbin never varied from his rotation except when forced to by injury or fouls.

Over the summer, Kanter has acknowledged that he was getting winded even in the minutes he was getting. Burks may have been playing hard, but he wasn't playing well. Yes, both have to earn their way. Giving players time, in the hopes they might get better, does not sound like a recipe for winning games.

This.

I wish that corbin wouldn't just talk about how guys have to earn thier minutes and instead would actually apply that philosophy.... but like cowhide and countless others have said: Corbin will play mostly vets and wont change rotations based on production.
Only way we see rotation changes is due to injury or trade.

Its so predictable..... Starters will be Mo, hayward, marvin, millsap and jefferson. (all vets) Tinsley (vet) will come in for Mo, Foye (vet) will come in for hayward, Carroll (older guy who stayed in school 4 years) will come in for marvin, favors and kanter will get backup minutes only because there are no vets left to take thier minutes.

Burks will take Carroll's minutes. The only concern is whether Ty tries to force Carroll into the lineup for 10 minutes instead of giving him DNP's (and playing him situationally). My guess is Ty intends to try out the Burks/Foye lineup on the second unit. Hopefully staggered. Otherwise I think your lineups are correct.

Burks will take Carroll's minutes. The only concern is whether Ty tries to force Carroll into the lineup for 10 minutes instead of giving him DNP's (and playing him situationally). My guess is Ty intends to try out the Burks/Foye lineup on the second unit. Hopefully staggered. Otherwise I think your lineups are correct.

I still think it will be tinsley and foye.... not burks and foye.

22 and 16 with 1.9 TO per 36 on .625 TS% for Kanter this preseason. Retarded.