What's new

Corbin's Basketball IQ Is Questionable

t.work

Does this guy not know what a DEFENSIVE substitution is? There is absolutely NO reason why Jefferson should have been on the floor playing defense at the end of last night's game. Favors should have been inserted in ALL defensive situations during the last minute or so... I just don't get it. This is coaching 101.. Corbin cost this team a win IMO. On top of that, this would have been the game to play Burks 15-20 minutes AT LEAST. I really think his uptempo style would benefit the second unit. Also, Tinsley continues to show that he's inconsistent and just doesn't fit the uptempo style. I just don't get why Corbin can't come to terms with substituting for DEFENSIVE purposes during late game situations. Am I the only one who yells at Corbin through the television? Get a clue, Tyrone!

I've never really known the Jazz to make defensive subs. Am I wrong here or did Sloan never make them either?

I've never really known the Jazz to make defensive subs. Am I wrong here or did Sloan never make them either?

Usually Sloan's best defensive guys were already out there (Stockton, Malone, Ostertag, Hornacek, Russell, etc.). I really can't answer that question, though... didn't pay as much attention when he coached because we were WINNING!

When is he going to realise that Sap, and Big Al is a bad defensive combo?
That will never ever make a deep playoff run.

He's got to develop the kids, and use them better.

You know what else was questionable? This being called a flagrant after they reviewed it. According to the video I watched a few weeks ago and the descriptions I've read.. this is the type of thing that's considered a flop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeLdkeUhwPA&feature=plcp

Okay.. so maybe it wasn't a flop... the more I watch it the more it makes sense to me that he fell the way he did. I don't know... blah!

Does this guy not know what a DEFENSIVE substitution is? There is absolutely NO reason why Jefferson should have been on the floor playing defense at the end of last night's game. Favors should have been inserted in ALL defensive situations during the last minute or so... I just don't get it. This is coaching 101.. Corbin cost this team a win IMO. On top of that, this would have been the game to play Burks 15-20 minutes AT LEAST. I really think his uptempo style would benefit the second unit. Also, Tinsley continues to show that he's inconsistent and just doesn't fit the uptempo style. I just don't get why Corbin can't come to terms with substituting for DEFENSIVE purposes during late game situations. Am I the only one who yells at Corbin through the television? Get a clue, Tyrone!

Don't forget to include Taco Bell on your resume when you send your application to the Jazz front office.

Don't forget to include Taco Bell on your resume when you send your application to the Jazz front office.

Dont forget to include bully and a-hole on your resume when you send in your application to taco bell.

Sorry for what i said franklin, it was uncalled for.

Pop always makes Corbin look like an inferior coach. I don't think Corbin understands that Jefferson is an extremely limited player on the defensive side. No matter how hard Jefferson tries, he still sucks on the defensive end. Maybe Corbin just doesn't get it....