What's new

Coronavirus

Study coming out of Santa Clara, they tested antibodies for the Corona Virus...their results indicate that the infection rate was was higher by a force of 50-85. Would dramatically change the models. Increased infection, far lower death rate.

Study coming out of Santa Clara, they tested antibodies for the Corona Virus...their results indicate that the infection rate was was higher by a force of 50-85. Would dramatically change the models. Increased infection, far lower death rate.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20062463v1

It’s certainly interesting. I’ve read a number of conflicting reports regarding speculation of whether or not corona had been present in the late fall / early winter in California. One data set said no, but I didn’t dig too deep into the methodology. Of course, this all could still be a result of this being asymptomatic for the vast majority.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20062463v1

It’s certainly interesting. I’ve read a number of conflicting reports regarding speculation of whether or not corona had been present in the late fall / early winter in California. One data set said no, but I didn’t dig too deep into the methodology. Of course, this all could still be a result of this being asymptomatic for the vast majority.

Not peer reviewed, so I guess we'll see.

If it turns out to be accurate, we majorly screwed things up.

I know for a fact that in my area, we've had more suicides as a result of this shutdown than deaths from the virus. Nobody seems to want to report about that though.

Not peer reviewed, so I guess we'll see.

If it turns out to be accurate, we majorly screwed things up.

I know for a fact that in my area, we've had more suicides as a result of this shutdown than deaths from the virus. Nobody seems to want to report about that though.
Of course not. When there’s a lot of uncertainty, we as a society want to cling to safety and security, and that often manifests itself into something very dichotomous, because we cannot tolerate the dysphoria induced from nuance as it does not easily fit into one of our few rubrics of evaluation we employ — the perceived dichotomy of assigning things as good vs. bad. So the more uncertain we are, the more black-and-white things seem.

Hold on, is this the "rational covid-19 discussion" thread or "jazzyfresh's covid dumb trolling" thread?. I believed facts and thoughtful discussions were not allowed here. I'm confused :confused:

PS: don't say his name 3 times or he will come

Last edited:
Just finished watching Trump's press conference...

Honestly he looks EXHAUSTED and TIRED of answering questions.. and his answers are starting to sound rote and repetitive and sounds like he's trying to cover his own *** than finding a way forward.

He'd just abruptly walked off the stage too. Very weird and worrying.

Something pretty cool, Andrew Lloyd Webber has released his musicals onto YouTube. They’re available to stream for free until Sunday 2:00pm (not sure which time zone). Phantom of the Opera is still amazing.

It sure would be cool if they released others. I’d love to see Wicked and Gentlemen’s guide to Love and Murder. I’ve never seen Les Mis and probably would resist seeing it on YouTube. I want to see that one in person. Not sure when I’ll ever be in New York or London again. Sigh

From Bill Maher. Video out in spoiler because of swears:

Reactions: Red
This may seem like small change, but not to the owners and employees, and we likely all know favorite eateries that will fall by the wayside.

The Trump administration is writing a death sentence for America's most important restaurants.

The CARES act bails out homogenous chains, but ignores the local restaraunts that have transformed every region of this country:

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/restaurants/a32190986/cares-act-chains-independent-restaurants/

Yep. We’re one month and two days into our quarantine here. We’ve ordered from our favorite pizza place three times (big orders with 20% tips) and from the legit restaurant in our town twice. We usually only go 1-2x a year so...we’ll probably order again from there this coming Thursday or so. I ordered a bunch of alcohol from a liquor store too. I can’t save everything in the town but I’ll try to help save the establishments I’d be very sad to see go. Those whose absence would give the town a totally different feel for us...there’s a breakfast spot I have to order from for breakfast soon too. Maybe tomorrow. I’ve been dying for their Lox wrap. And one other restaurant from a town 20 minutes away. It’s not my town but we’d be legit saddened if this place folded.

Why would more tests mean we can open and less tests mean we can't open? Do you get cured or are you given immunity when you get tested?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

It makes it so you can better tell who’s sick and who isn’t. It allows countries to quickly isolate the sick and prevent community spread. It’s not about curing but about preventing spread. I wish I could be tested so I could know if I’m a vector for the disease. But utah doesn’t have enough tests.

Countries that are reopening followed this path.

Yep. We’re one month and two days into our quarantine here. We’ve ordered from our favorite pizza place three times (big orders with 20% tips) and from the legit restaurant in our town twice. We usually only go 1-2x a year so...we’ll probably order again from there this coming Thursday or so. I ordered a bunch of alcohol from a liquor store too. I can’t save everything in the town but I’ll try to help save the establishments I’d be very sad to see go. Those whose absence would give the town a totally different feel for us...there’s a breakfast spot I have to order from for breakfast soon too. Maybe tomorrow. I’ve been dying for their Lox wrap. And one other restaurant from a town 20 minutes away. It’s not my town but we’d be legit saddened if this place folded.

Keep up the support! They really need it.

Btw, 20% tip is standard. Tip more!