Coronavirus in China

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hekate, Jan 23, 2020.

1. One Brow

One Brow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    lauriandres,

There is a difference between a "biolab mishap", which this could well be, and a "product of biological warfare". You don't engineer a virus you can't control, that passes easily from person to person, because it obviously will come back to haunt you. Bioweapons are things you can cure, like anthrax.

2. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010

Sigh

the damage done to our democracy by Fox News and these irresponsible Republicans promoting conspiracy and misinformation is so destructive.

Ron Mexico likes this.
  3. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    If you listen to the full interview with Dr. Boyle, there's a lot more on there besides discussion of the Corona Virus. Now, this guy is an expert in biological warfare. You need to consider what he says carefully. He does not say that he's 100 percent sure the virus was created in that lab, which is definitely located near the alleged seafood market, but everything that he knows and based on his expert opinion that is how this virus was created. In fact, as we speak, more information pointing to the biological warfare lab is coming out.

4. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    Listen to Dr. Boyle, Thriller, he's an expert in the field and knows far more than any of us peons here.

5. Catchall

Catchall Well-Known Member 2019 Prediction Contest Winner

May 27, 2010
    Good article. Thanks for posting.

6. lauriandres

lauriandres Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I agree with you.

Although maybe the mishap was that the beta version of this virus got out (which might have some "bugs" i.e not cured as easy as it was designed). Of course, to claim that it is a bioweapon should be based on good evidence.

That is why on my earlier post jokingly suggested that big boys should recognize the independence of Taiwan :) to verify what is REALLY important to Chinese government - is it the government policy like it has always been or health of its citizens. I just hope that all kind of agencies in USA, UK, France and Japan have more inside information and are taking all kind of precautions behind the scenes.

7. silesian

silesian Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    In fairness, his job is seeing the impact of events on the economy.

I heard various executive branch officials Kudlow) answer this the right way. That issue 1 is public health, not economics.

but hey, If you listen to some jazzfanz trump supporters I’m opposed to everything this administration does, ignoring all evidence.

8. One Brow

May 26, 2010
    We don't have vaccines nor cures for any of the corona viruses (SARS, MERS, etc.). They would have chosen something else for a bioweapon.

9. Archie Moses

Archie Moses Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    "Now we don’t have evidence that this disease originated there, but because of China’s duplicity and dishonesty from the beginning we need to at least ask the question." - Cotton

I mean, I certainly see the point here and don't really have a problem with that train of thought. I'm not neccesarily drinking the Kool Aid and accepting it as truth (not sure if he's saying it as factual) but I'm not arrogant and ignorant enough to mock this way of thinking - doing so is a lil tone deaf to China and their lies and initial handling of the virus.

10. Archie Moses

May 25, 2010
    Lol. You think Thriller would ever admit someone knows more than him?

11. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    You need to listen to Dr. Boyle. He's a far better source than FOX News -- drafted the U.S. domestic policy implementing legislation for the Biological Weapons Convention, known as the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989. He did this while working in the Bush Administration.

12. Archie Moses

May 25, 2010
    I don't watch Fox News. I used Cottons quote as an example that scaled with somewhat of what you said too.

I'll have to look up Boyle.

13. The Thriller

Jun 8, 2010
    What makes you think Dr. Boyle is credible on this matter?

His background is in international LAW, not medicine. Shouldn't we be referring to those with backgrounds in medicine to determine the origins and purposes of this virus?

https://law.illinois.edu/faculty-research/faculty-profiles/francis-boyle/
    Nor is he teaching anything related to medicine:

Furthermore, his past remarks make me think he's less credible and more of a controversial huckster than anything else:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Boyle
    https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Francis_Boyle

Interesting views on the Bush family:
    Interesting views on Clinton
    Pretty strong feelings about Israel. Some may even call this anti-semitic:
    Obama was bought and paid for by Zionists? Interesting...
    American media and higher education is Zionist? Wow... LOL!
    Pretty strong feelings about Iran:
    Finally, Ukraine. His views here are absurd. He's promoting Russian propaganda justifying Putin's takeover of Crimea. So it makes sense that some of you nutjobs would be twitterpated over him.
    So yeah, this nutjob definitely seems like the reliable "voice of reason" on this virus... /s

You guys should probably research more about the "professionals" you trust in.

14. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    I have the video of his interview linked earlier in the thread which embedded in a text article about it.

15. The Thriller

Jun 8, 2010
    Less than one month ago Tom Cotton said this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/transcript-sen-tom-cotton-on-face-the-nation-january-26-2020/

Taking his oath as seriously as Trump does:

Gaslighting us
    And good old fashioned lying. Trump has denied Russia's interference on the world's biggest stages (including the phone call with Ukraine that started this entire thing). See below:
    Trump denies Russian interference:

Could've been Russia... China... Or a 400 lbs man:

So again, Tom Cotton and this nutjob professor aren't exactly people I'd trust to make reliable assumptions about Coronavirus. But when you trust fake news conspiracy sites and Fox News, what can you expect?

16. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    Did you listen to the interview in full? He touched on other issues that you linked. He said himself that he has been censored. Surprised that a liberal like yourself believes the disinformation that has been put out there about him. He drafted the U.S. domestic policy implementing legislation for the Biological Weapons Convention, known as the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989 while working for the Bush Administration. I think he knows a bit about biological warfare and where the labs would be, having worked at the highest level of the government. But because he's become a critic, and rightly so, he's being smeared. That's nothing new with the powers that be. Anyone who criticizes their agenda is smeared.

There is a lot of truth that our media is strongly influenced by Zionist views. You really think establishing the state of Israel on the land of another nation and putting its citizens into concentration camps was just. And the Zionists justified with propaganda like the major movie, Exodus, which I saw as a kid. I saw nothing wrong with it myself because I didn't know better. But when I was in grad school a Palestinian speaker came to our school and I covered it for the university daily. It was an eye-opening revelation to me.

In the interview Boyle talked a bit about disinformation, which we all know is rampant, and has been for decades.

If I were you, I wouldn't depend on Wikipedia for the whole truth. It depends on the POV of those who write the entries. I've seen some that are either incomplete or totally biased.

Listen to the interview before you go all half-****ed and arrogant, calling the guy a nutjob. George W. Bush didn't think he was a nutjob giving him an important job like he did, and Bush was no idiot like Trump.

17. Rubashov

Rubashov Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Dec 24, 2016
    was drinking with some cray fisherman friends of mine yesterday, they live export to China, the export bans are hitting them really hard at the minute.

18. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Well-Known Member Contributor

May 26, 2010
    I've been talking to a lot of small business owners in China and they are really suffering. But for Chinese people most is them have a good savings account to help at times like this. But I don't know how long China can keep things closed. The economy is already in real trouble this year without this. This is going to effect the world's economy.

19. One Brow

May 26, 2010
    He's talking a lot for someone who has been censored.

20. Rubashov

Rubashov Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Dec 24, 2016
    These guys were getting 400 bucks a kilo for their crays, (big cold water crayfish 3 to 5kg in size.) they were selling exclusively to china, now they are excluded from their market, other markets won't buy from them and the arse has fallen out of the price. The season opens on the 1st of March but there is almost no point going out to fish cause they've got nowhere to sell their catch, certainly not at the prices they were getting. Selling locally gets the around 80 to 100 bucks a kg.