Coronavirus in China

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hekate, Jan 23, 2020.

1. sirkickyass

sirkickyass Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

May 25, 2010

So you're reading a thing it doesn't say. Got it.

2. Eminence

Eminence Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Not everything needs to be lawyer speaked Kicky.

3. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    I’m providing you an accurate picture of what it indeed says. You read “we discussed that the benefits outweigh the risks for using _____” and that’s synonymous with your decision, else you’re explaining why you feel the benefits of treatment outweigh the risks, yet you’re declining intervention (without clarifying why). So if you’re wanting to believe this doesn’t say that, you’re welcome, but you can substitute out “hydroxychloroquine” for any other intervention and ask any other physician if that’s ambiguous language and they will tell you that they’re providing a rationale for their decision. This is routine.

It's really easy to be vague about what's transpired in documentation. The question as to whether or not he prescribed (or concurred) with him taking hydrochloroquine is not vague in that. If he was wanting it to be vague, it wouldn't be written that way, because any physician would know that he's coming out rationalizing the decision.

Here's my final thought: whether Trump was prescribed it or whether he is saying he was prescribed is no sweat off my back. I don't have any skin in the game on that. You've staked an opinion on it, so I'd assume that, to some level, you do. I'm offering you my professional experience on what that says, of which the outcome doesn't affect me. I've already given my not-so-enthusiastic opinion on prophylactic hydroxychloroquine. But if you're comfortable with your own interpretation, that seems to be more predicated on a lay interpretation of this physician's statement read through the lens of your view of Trump's motives, then you are certainly welcome to that.

4. Scat

Scat Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Kicky, that thing in your hands is your ***. Infection just handed it to you.

Wes Mantooth likes this.
  5. Political Jazz Fan

Political Jazz Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2019
    Great thread

6. Political Jazz Fan

Nov 21, 2019
    EYiGoG_U4AElqcX.jpeg

7. Political Jazz Fan

Nov 21, 2019

For those of you that don't understand this. This is talking about the Democrat Governor Cuomo in New York who put covid infected people into nursing homes. He then went on CNN to discuss Corona virus with his brother. His brother, who says he is a journalist, never once questioned his brother on this policy. Many people have died needlessly but Cuomo is not questioned because he's a Democrat.

8. RandyForRubio

RandyForRubio Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2015
    "I tested very positively. I tested very positively towards the negative."

Our president is Michael Scott.

9. Political Jazz Fan

Nov 21, 2019
    Facts

10. One Brow

One Brow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Selectively and deceptively presented, but sure.

11. One Brow

May 26, 2010
    That sounds very much like the notes I read from time to time.

My only question is if you feel the note almost certainly referred specifically to treating the President, or might have been referring to the member of the President's staff that tested positive. I found it unclear on that point, but I have never written these notes.

12. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    I haven’t been following this much, but my assumption is that this memo was put out in response to media coverage after Trump said he was taking it. With regard to what he’s saying, he specified the present with reference to health, negative testing to date, etc. If he’s referencing someone else, then detailing that he’s conferring with the president regarding that person’s treatment would be suicide. If it was for someone else, he’s disclosing medical information (whereas Trump personally disclosed his and obviously authorized this release). But, above that, I’m not certain why he would treat someone else with this, then write something vague to make it look like he treated Trump with this.

One Brow likes this.
  13. One Brow

May 26, 2010
    Thank you.

14. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010

Biden sure is losing his mind. He doesn’t know what testing positively or negatively even mean.

15. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Well-Known Member Contributor

May 26, 2010
    Also old news discussed in here awhile ago.

16. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Obligatory Sarah Cooper video:

17. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    The situation in Brazil is pretty unnerving. Wouldn't shock me at all to see a higher death toll there than what we get here even though they're hardly testing anyone and their numbers are going to be way undercounted.

Another example of where challenging medical authorities and doing whatever you want with no accountability just leads to trouble. It's entirely possible to save the economy and protect health, but it takes discipline to actually do.

18. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Good thing the South reopened. Montgomery, Alabama has just one ICU bed available and is now sending everyone to Birmingham. The next month could become disastrous. Hopefully the sun and vitamin D really is some sort of elixir.

The Thriller and fishonjazz like this.
  19. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Roll tide!

20. One Brow

May 26, 2010
    After you have had a chance to go over the Lancet study that was released, I'd appreciate hearing if it has changed your position on the neutrality of administering CQ and/or HCQ.