Coronavirus in China

Archie Moses

The sooner she starts wearing her mask, the sooner the deaf, old, and sick will get to hang out with loved ones like she does.

Selfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was at the post office getting my mail yesterday cause I moved a few weeks ago and the USPS won't deliver packages to my door until I have a mailbox too small for them installed... Anyway, there was two gentlemen from Nepal next to me wearing masks - one elderly guy and his son who I'd say was mid 40s. I was waiting for the lady helping me to get my packages and was listening to them. They were getting their passport. They asked the lady helping them if she was worried about not wearing a mask. The lady defensively said I can move back. The Nepal guy was like I was just asking, calm yourself and the lady goes, "if I wear a mask it doesn't protect me it only protects you from me..." gawd damn it.

When I got my packages I turned and left. There were about 20 people in line and no one else had masks on.

People are selfish.

Wes Mantooth

I was at the post office getting my mail yesterday cause I moved a few weeks ago and the USPS won't deliver packages to my door until I have a mailbox too small for them installed... Anyway, there was two gentlemen from Nepal next to me wearing masks - one elderly guy and his son who I'd say was mid 40s. I was waiting for the lady helping me to get my packages and was listening to them. They were getting their passport. They asked the lady helping them if she was worried about not wearing a mask. The lady defensively said I can move back. The Nepal guy was like I was just asking, calm yourself and the lady goes, "if I wear a mask it doesn't protect me it only protects you from me..." gawd damn it.

When I got my packages I turned and left. There were about 20 people in line and no one else had masks on.

People are selfish.
Utahr.

Avery

This fall gives me major anxiety
To me, the challenge is that we don't have a cohesive strategy still after all this time. From a pure risk management perspective, we haven't outlined known risks effectively and developed mitigation plans which means we can't even begin to consider unknown risks.

If schools develop confirmed cases, what's our response? Does anyone know?

How will we mobilize and provide additional testing, quarantine and assistance for highly impacted outbreaks in specific areas? Does anyone know?

How do we effectively share contact tracing data and prevent risks more effectively? Does anyone know?

In short, there is no federal plan. The plan is to simply re-open the economy and pray the virus goes away. It's a political plan, not one embedded in fact and that's why our trajectory is an embarrassment when compared to other civilized nations.

I'm not a doomsayer and I'm not saying millions are going to die this year. What I am saying is that we are a rudderless ship and will continue to be knocked around by the current until competent captains can take hold of the wheel.

Last edited:

The Thriller

To me, the challenge is that we don't have a cohesive strategy still after all this time. From a pure risk management perspective, we haven't outlined known risks effectively and developed mitigation plans which means we can't even begin to consider unknown risks.

If schools develop confirmed cases, what's our response? Does anyone know?

How will we mobilize and provide additional testing, quarantine and assistance for highly impacted outbreaks in specific areas? Does anyone know?

How do we effectively share contact tracing data and prevent risks more effectively? Does anyone know?

In short, there is no federal plan. The plan is to simply re-open the economy and pray the virus goes away. It's a political plan, not one embedded in fact and that's why our trajectory is an embarrassment when compared to other civilized nations.

I'm not a doomsayer and I'm not saying millions are going to die this year. What I am saying is that we are a rudderless ship and will continue to be knocked around by the current until competent captains can take hold of the wheel.
solid post

The Thriller

Just curious, has anyone on this board actually had COVID-19? @fishonjazz I remember early you were pretty sick. I’m
Not sure if they even had tests set up then or what. What you had could’ve been a lot of things. Was it covid?

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Just curious, has anyone on this board actually had COVID-19? @fishonjazz I remember early you were pretty sick. I’m
Not sure if they even had tests set up then or what. What you had could’ve been a lot of things. Was it covid?
My family was sick but I don't think it was covid. Too early and my wife got the antibody test and it was negative

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner
Had our first positive staff test at work in the last 24 hours. Think **** might be about to hit the fan, it will not be distributed equally.

Ron Mexico

Contributor
This is an interesting development. Covid19 might be much older than we think and might have a different origin. Or it could be another strand.

Covid19 found in a waste water sample from March 2019 in Barcelona.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...na-find-covid-19-waste-water-march-2019-nine/
This is actually huge news and I am not sure why it isnt getting more attention. If we had covid19 for about 9 months before we knew about it then I think a lot more people have it and its far less of a big deal. Or if there are multiple strands that is scary news. Either way a lot of research needs to be done on this quickly.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
This is actually huge news and I am not sure why it isnt getting more attention. If we had covid19 for about 9 months before we knew about it then I think a lot more people have it and its far less of a big deal. Or if there are multiple strands that is scary news. Either way a lot of research needs to be done on this quickly.
Likely in large part due to the only news that gets reported is that which is consistent with an angle of “OMG we’re ****ed.” When antibody testing came out showing that there’s a huge amount of people who have already had it, this idea was strongly resisted by point out flaws in studies, flaws in antibody tests, etc. When the idea that the summer would be less lethal was proposed during winter/spring, the response was “these people are ****ing stupid” to now, as we approach fall, embracing this idea because “OMG we’re ****ed.”

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Likely in large part due to the only news that gets reported is that which is consistent with an angle of “OMG we’re ****ed.” When antibody testing came out showing that there’s a huge amount of people who have already had it, this idea was strongly resisted by point out flaws in studies, flaws in antibody tests, etc. When the idea that the summer would be less lethal was proposed during winter/spring, the response was “these people are ****ing stupid” to now, as we approach fall, embracing this idea because “OMG we’re ****ed.”
Don't forget the one about how we are testing too much and there would be hardly any cases at all if we just didn't test anyone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app