Coronavirus in China

magic

"Experts" predicted 200,000 deaths to occur by the beginning of April and come basically July and there are only 125,000 deaths. And that number in itself is inflated due to tax incentives of labeling a death a COVID death. On top of that "experts predicted exponential growth in deaths and were obviously as wrong as one can be.

Now there's a "spike" in coronavirus cases, none of it to do with the protests "obviously", and all of it due to Trump rallies and people going to the beach. But the fact is the death rate is now even lower because most of the death ratio of those new cases is driving the death rate even lower.

But because it's election year we are going to have to put up with ******** until November and suffer the consequences of anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, etc. from trying to lock people up, keep people unemployed, using media scare tactics, and preventing people from the going to the gym.

Gameface

Black Lives Matter
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
"Experts" predicted 200,000 deaths to occur by the beginning of April and come basically July and there are only 125,000 deaths. And that number in itself is inflated due to tax incentives of labeling a death a COVID death. On top of that "experts predicted exponential growth in deaths and were obviously as wrong as one can be.

Now there's a "spike" in coronavirus cases, none of it to do with the protests "obviously", and all of it due to Trump rallies and people going to the beach. But the fact is the death rate is now even lower because most of the death ratio of those new cases is driving the death rate even lower.

But because it's election year we are going to have to put up with ******** until November and suffer the consequences of anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, etc. from trying to lock people up, keep people unemployed, using media scare tactics, and preventing people from the going to the gym.
Do you have links?

I heard 100,000 to 200,000 deaths. Didn't see a timetable. We're at 125,000 and counting. I can remember when it was below 10k deaths and people were scoffing at predictions of 50k deaths and saying this wasn't even as bad as the flu.

I don't see anyone saying the protests were COVID safe. But here's the bottom line, total mortality this year is up by pretty much the same number as deaths attributed to COVID-19. So unless you have another explanation for the rise in deaths that tracks with the deaths attributed to COVID-19 then I think it's safe to say the death count is somewhat accurate.

Things have been open most places for over a month now. We're not "locked up" at all. I've been going to the gym for weeks now.

If you got the info you used in your post from what you consider a trusted and reliable source, you need to reconsider your relationship with that source, they're lying to you.

Beer

This is actually huge news and I am not sure why it isnt getting more attention. If we had covid19 for about 9 months before we knew about it then I think a lot more people have it and its far less of a big deal. Or if there are multiple strands that is scary news. Either way a lot of research needs to be done on this quickly.
So why are deaths so much higher now than in 2019? It mutated to become more deadly and or contagious?

Ron Mexico

Contributor
**** if I know. But there's been lots of evidence it's been around longer. Also lots of evidence that more people have been exposed to it. My guess is it's been around awhile undetected and is really contagious but not very deadly unless you have other major issues.

BTW, how's your taste doing?

Beer

**** if I know. But there's been lots of evidence it's been around longer. Also lots of evidence that more people have been exposed to it. My guess is it's been around awhile undetected and is really contagious but not very deadly unless you have other major issues.

Listened to a pod with a bioligical something or other. He was saying evidence was strong this came from the wuhan lab do to how efficient it was in humans from the get go and how it really struggled out doors. All pointing to it being more likely it was evolved in a lab from its origin to be used on humans on purpose. He didn't say it was leaked on purpose just that there are a lot of signs showing this didnt go straight from bat to human. Makes sense to me but virology is just a hobby of mine.

Beer

Taste seems fine, I'd say smell is like 60% of normal maybe. I can smell things but nothing is a strong smell at all.

BabyPeterzz

Contributor
Lol at GOP rolling back on masks. Really tired of stupid people, and the vast majority of Utahns, ****ing around and crying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Mexico

Contributor
Listened to a pod with a bioligical something or other. He was saying evidence was strong this came from the wuhan lab do to how efficient it was in humans from the get go and how it really struggled out doors. All pointing to it being more likely it was evolved in a lab from its origin to be used on humans on purpose. He didn't say it was leaked on purpose just that there are a lot of signs showing this didnt go straight from bat to human. Makes sense to me but virology is just a hobby of mine.
I won't say it's not a possibility but most scientist disagree and the latest information is against that. Before it hit Wuhan it was in Barcelona 9 months earlier.

Ron Mexico

Contributor
The virus is SARS-COV2, the disease is covid19.

It could be very similar to SARS-COV2, yet still completely non-infectious to humans, or symptom-free if infected.
Fair enough, the virus found is SARS-COV2. But it does need to be confirmed and more information is needed. There is a chance for a false positive with something similar.

Avery

Sharing for the graph, because it’s an important one:

Seems like younger people might be contracting it more from what I hear anecdotally. That will influence the death rate as well.

States seem all over the place on their reporting as well so a true national baseline is a fallacy.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Are there any diseases that have seen herd immunity develop without vaccines?
I think herd immunity as a concept is more simplistic in theory than it is in reality, and may function more as a theoretical model than anything else. In any case, I was sharing that tweet not for the comments regarding it but just the graph. With regard to herd immunity, think before vaccines -- how many viruses infected the majority of the population before going away (or, the flips side of how many viruses go away before infecting the majority of the population)? There are way too many variables in the equation with any outbreak of anything, and we generally approach the idea of herd immunity in a vacuum. And I think the concept has been strictly reinforced as a result of public awareness of vaccines and the narrative surrounding them (not saying that's good or bad, just that it's important to know what's informing our assumptions about everything.)