Coronavirus in China

Avery

Tonight could decide the election.

Hope Biden is drinking his gatorade and eating his wheaties!
I think people will wake up tomorrow regardless of who the presumed winner is and still realize that nothing has changed. Covid is still out there, the economy is still precarious and minorities aren't seeing better treatment.

If I were to guess, tonight will largely be a draw which is a win for Biden - he just needs to run out the clock.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
Trump doesn’t just have gaffes, he says some of the dumbest things out there. If Biden said half the **** Trump does, Trump would be leading by a mile. The questions about Biden’s mental wellness is laughable when you just watch 5 mins of a Trump press conference and rally. It’s obvious which candidate most likely has mental and substance abuse problems. That’s why I post this stuff. Because it’s hilarious that Team Trump is trying to make mental health and substance abuse talking points.
I agree... just think this one was a slip of the tongue type of thing. Trump has said some outrageous ****.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
That’s why I post this stuff. Because it’s hilarious that Team Trump is trying to make mental health and substance abuse talking points.
It seems as if why you posted it is because we had been discussing herd immunity, as this is the coronavirus thread, after all. After a substantive post regarding herd immunity that actually counters all the previous high-fiving about erroneous ideas regarding herd immunity, we get a two-week old tweet of a paraphasic error. It's almost as if people aren't interested in scientific literature and discussion, but in how this may be used for political football.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
It seems as if why you posted it is because we had been discussing herd immunity, as this is the coronavirus thread, after all. After a substantive post regarding herd immunity that actually counters all the previous high-fiving about erroneous ideas regarding herd immunity, we get a two-week old tweet of a paraphasic error. It's almost as if people aren't interested in scientific literature and discussion, but in how this may be used for political football.
I can't wait to hear how the virus is discussed post election.

The Thriller

Im honestly just not very interested in the “scientific research” you post. You’re right. Especially given your consistent downplaying of the virus for months. You've been playing Political football With this since it began.

No thanks, I’ll trust in the proven scientists from trusted sources who still describe herd immunity as being 70+ percent.

candrew

Kind of an ominous note:

Working for the Board of Health my wife had her first "repeat" Covid-19 patient.

15 year old kid - got it from a family member in late March. Just tested positive again - probably got it in school. Hoping the second is a false positive but not looking good - has all the typical symptoms.

JazzGal

Contributor
Kind of an ominous note:

Working for the Board of Health my wife had her first "repeat" Covid-19 patient.

15 year old kid - got it from a family member in late March. Just tested positive again - probably got it in school. Hoping the second is a false positive but not looking good - has all the typical symptoms.
There is still so much we do not know about this thing.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

LogGrad98

Contributor
Kind of an ominous note:

Pretty damn scary if this thing is really reinfecting people. I know most believe they are false-positives but there have been cases in the news of not just repeat positive tests, but showing symptoms again. They talked about one here locally on the local NPR station. Not good.

The Thriller

Where’s the pro life movement here? Shouldn’t they be up in arms? Abortion and fetal tissue and stuff. They’re going to support a president who murdered babies and sucked their life for his own? What a monster! Pro life!

Again, I have no problem if you’re actually pro life. But that means you’ve got to be more than just anti choice. And there’s no chance in ****ing hell you should support Donald trump. He’s antithetical to being pro life. Seeing so many pro lifers still supportive of trump just tells me that they’re not actually serious about being pro life.

Last edited:

The Thriller

The photo in this article is so very telling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent observation.

I expect over 1,500 cases today. Friday and Saturday reporting days are typically the highest of the week.

The Thriller

Why do this? What rational and science based thinking was behind this?

these people need to be prosecuted. They’re actively working to make the pandemic worse which will lead to more suffering and death.