What's new

Coronavirus

I don't believe the numbers the CCP is giving out to the media. 56 deaths and 2000 infected. It's way more than that. This is a lot more serious than it is.

A Wuhan nurse was saying probably 90k people are infected with the virus. If 90k people are infected, there's got to be more deaths than just 56. CCP controlling these numbers and aren't telling the truth. Arresting people that leak out the actual truth.
I think the numbers are higher as well. So do most Chinese people. The number one thing people are asking for here is accurate information. I think the local governments are much more to blame though. Honestly the Wuhan mayor is the most responsible for this out break. He did a lot is things including trying to keep the big Chinese New year celebrations going through this. I think the incorrect numbers are due to local leaders. They don't want to look bad and are trying to save face. I'm glad they finally shut down wuhan. The airport I just landed at is checking everyone and if you are from certain areas they are quarantining them. Private citizens are setting up stops for cars. If they see plates from Wuhan they are stopping them and telling them to leave.

Still not sure this is any worse than the flu in the USA and other places though.... I doubt this kills any where near the number of people the flu did in the USA in 2018. But maybe if it gets much worse. China cities are huge...

Still not sure this is any worse than the flu in the USA and other places though.... I doubt this kills any where near the number of people the flu did in the USA in 2018. But maybe if it gets much worse. China cities are huge...

In china if you have the flu and die at home it doesnt count as a flu related death, they chalk it up as complications.

Yes this is much worse.

In china if you have the flu and die at home it doesnt count as a flu related death, they chalk it up as complications.

Yes this is much worse.

That is true. The numbers reported for the flu are much lower than reality in China...

The flu killed 80,000 people in the USA in 2018. 10% of the country gets the flu Do you think this will be worse in a country with 3x the population? You think it will kill more than 240,000 people?

@Ron Mexico

44:30

This guy has been in china longer than you were in grade school.

That guy said there is no reason to panic and just follow normal precaution you'll be okay.

I think you are creating some imaginary argument that I'm saying China is doing things right.

Sounds like this guy really likes China since he is living there so long...

I read an article Friday that was comparing this to the Spanish Flu of 1918. It infected at least 500 million, about a 1/3rd of the world's population at the time. Approximately 11% of everyone infected died, around 50 million. It took into account today's population and estimated if as wide spread and infectious, close to 200 million people will die from this virus.

The complete coronavirus timeline - a man made disaster.

Hi. This is going to be a long read, but I promise you it'll be a good read.

I posted this about an hour ago, but I didn't have a complete timeline sorted out to backup my claims - now I do. I still can't claim that the information I listed here are 100% correct as some of them are directly from Weibo - Chinese twitter, but other infos are from credible media sources and they're well written. My English, however, is less well written because I am a Chinese local. My apologies.

At the end of the day, I advise your to view this with a grain of salt - most of these weibos and screenshots are already deleted/censored from the Chinese internet, and if anything, that speaks volume to how much weight they hold.

When you cut out a man's tongue, you're not calling him a liar, you're showing the world you're afraid of what he might say.

You can check [this article](https://chinadigitaltimes.net/chinese/2020/01/武汉肺炎暗与明-武汉新型冠状病毒初期相关事/) here if you understand Chinese - they do a better job at listing the timeline than I do.

Dec 8, 2019 is universally regarded as the first case of the coronavirus appearing. Him and about 27 other patients went to the hospital - they all have the same symptoms, and they're identified as 'unknown pneumonia patients'.

Things escalated in the next couple of weeks. On Dec 30, 2019, the seafood market that these cases originated from was identified, but no actions to directly close down and quarantine the market was taken. The SARS like virus was also confirmed and an emergency announcement file is released to medical personels with the last line stating: nobody is allowed to spread any information about this without approval from the authorithy.

\#WuhanSARS was also trending that night on Weibo but was immediately censored.

On Dec 31, 2019, a visit to the seafood market shows that nobody was aware of this flu. The entire market was business as usual. People walking around with no virus protection of any kind. On the afternoon, health committe released info on 27 cases of unknown pneumonia patients to the public, stating that no person-to-person virus transition have been discovered yet, and no medical staff was infected. Central people's newpaper tweeted something alone the lines of:

'All of the cases are residents of the seafood market, guys, there is nothing to be worried about. Rest assured! Even if it's SARS, we are sure to have it under control with our advanced and unmatched medical system.'

On Jan 1, 2020. People began posting on Weibo that it is very possible this virus can transfer between humans. They were censored. In the mean time, Wuhan police's account tweeted out: '8 individuals that spreaded misinformations about the pneumonia have been taken into custody. Worry not Chinese people! We've got everything under control.' The Wuhan health committe also keep on stating that this virus does not transfer between humans. I'm sure you're seeing a pattern here.

What's interesting to note that the Hong Kong goverment called a stat emergency immediately upon discovering cases within its region on Jan 4, whilst people in Wuhan are still trusting in its leaders and hoping for the best. This went on for an entire week, the Wuhan health committe keeps on stating that no new cases were discovered when in the mean time censored tweets on Weibo states hospitals are completely full with patients and new cases around the world starts to surface.

It is extremely clear at this point that this virus is highly contagious, can transfer between humans and can be deadly. But Wuhan citizens, going with the false info released by its goverment, was still going around the city with no protection whatsoever, believing that this is just a benigh virus under control.

On Jan 14, a group of journalists and medical staffs from Hong Kong came to Wuhan's hospital, they were rejected, later taken to the police and all footages they took in the hospital was taken away.

Keep in mind that in the mean time new cases started to spring everywhere on the map of China, and Wuhan citizens that traveled to other corners of the world are identified as infected cases.

On Jan 12, Imperial college london released a report estimating there should be around 1,700 cases by Jan 17. This invoked some questions in China.

On the same day, 13th HuBei people's representitive meeting was held in Wuhan. This is a huge goverment election event that lasts about a week. Before you ask, wait, China has elections? Just google it, I won't go too deep into it.

On Jan 16, someone on ZhiHu (The Chinese Quora) asked 'ok, so there are so many cases happening around the world, how did our great leaders manage to get this under control?' (Spoiler: They didn't, they just didn't put in on the news). More questions were asked and soon they were all deleted.

During the time the meeting was held, no new cases were reported by the Wuhan health committe. On Jan 18 however, after the event has finished, they started stating new cases were 'discovered' again. An interesting coincedence. This corona fellow is very collabrative.

Keep in mind that this late into 2020, people still have no idea how serious this virus is, they still think it doesn't transfer between humans, they still think it's only a handful of people that got this thing and it's completely under control.

On Jan 17, Wuhan travel committe released their big event: Free sightseeing for up to 200,000 tourists! Come to Wuhan and see the beautiful city!

On Jan 18, [40,000 families gathered around to eat and share family made gourmet dishes with each other. The smell of happiness filled the air. No virus involved.](http://www.sohu.com/a/367800723_120424456)

On Jan 20, Mr. Zhongnanshan, at 84 years old, went to Wuhan with a medical team. This is the first time some truth was released to the public: this virus transitions between humans, 15 medical staff was infected, and it is at this point the case and death numbers started skyrocketing.

I'll leave a imgur album of some chatlogs/weibo here, they're all translated. You can see for yourself how serious this thing really is.

[

Stay positive bros.

The US health officials are aware that the CCP aren't giving the global media the real amount of deaths and infected. They are viewing it 10x the numbers the CCP are giving us. Even the Chinese people themselves know they're being lied to.

The US health officials are aware that the CCP aren't giving the global media the real amount of deaths and infected. They are viewing it 10x the numbers the CCP are giving us. Even the Chinese people themselves know they're being lied to.

Is there a link for the us health officials?

It is being reported that 5 people in the US are now confirmed with this virus. All had recently visited Wuhan China. It is also being reported that the virus is transferable during its incubation period. This would have been while they were flying to the US from China most likely infecting numerous people on these flights. All of those infected have been out in public for several days not knowing that they carry the virus. This is going to explode in the US within the next week.

Various people in China recording with their cell phones are saying that the situation in Wuhan is far worse than has been reported. Hospitals are overwhelmed and cannot handle the patient load. One doctor projects that there are over 100k patients infected in the area. Medical workers are working around the clock with others being bused into the quarantine zones from other areas. Medical supplies and hospital beds are inadequate. New makeshift hospitals are being built rapidly. There are now some bodies in the streets. There are a few reports that the original virus may already have mutated. I'll try to post a few vids below. I also infer from what I am reading that the mortality rate may also be higher than reported, perhaps in the double digits.

Last edited:
It is being reported that 5 people in the US are now confirmed with this virus. All had recently visited Wuhan China. It is also being reported that the virus is transferable during its incubation period. This would have been while they were flying to the US from China most likely infecting numerous people on these flights. All of those infected have been out in public for several days not knowing that they carry the virus. This is going to explode in the US within the next week.
This is all very exciting!

The fact that so many cases are popping up world wide from somebody who visited china is absurd. This **** has to be in the 100,000 infected.