What's new

Coronavirus

I'm still missing your point about the population. China has way more people so it should spread further unless they are doing a better job or the numbers are inaccurate.

I do agree their information is not trustworthy. Although I don't trust he information from USA on it either. Neither has a good track record albeit China's is worse. One person from China made that claim and it was widely disregard here in China. The number of cases didn't drop right after they kicked out some media. It actually sky rocketed after that. They changed the way the reported the numbers. It was very low at first (similar to the USA) for multiple reasons but it made a jump because they stated listing all cases not just confirmed and hospitalised cases. Regardless the number of cases have plummeted here because of strict lock down and strict testing everywhere. No one is seeing or hearing about many new cases except for people feeling overseas returning to China. Most things are opening up now except for strict quarantine for new arrivals here. Although I think it will come in a wave here again and another strict lockdown will happen again. China is most protective of Beijing where I'm currently at because they want to reopen business and protect the capital.
He is saying that if china was reporting accurate numbers then they would have the most infected but they aren't reporting accurate numbers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

He is saying that if china was reporting accurate numbers then they would have the most infected but they aren't reporting accurate numbers.

That way my original statement. I implied other countries were not reporting accurate.

He then said "based on our population, it was a given the US was going to have the highest numbers."

Why is that a given when China has far more dense population and more people was my follow up.

He then pointed out China had far more people and Italy has less. I'm still unsure what the point is. Why is it a given USA was bound to have more? I would pick a lot of places over USA for that.. Plenty of places that are more densely populated like China or India.

That way my original statement. I implied other countries were not reporting accurate.

He then said "based on our population, it was a given the US was going to have the highest numbers."

Why is that a given when China has far more dense population and more people was my follow up.

He then pointed out China had far more people and Italy has less. I'm still unsure what the point is. Why is it a given USA was bound to have more? I would pick a lot of places over USA for that.. Plenty of places that are more densely populated like China or India.
I think he is saying that if everyone reported accurate numbers then the countries with the most people would have the most reported infections. (China would be #1)
Since everyone doesn't report accurately then the most populated country that actually reports accurate numbers would have the most infected. That country being the US.

I think he is saying that if everyone reported accurate numbers then the countries with the most people would have the most reported infections. (China would be #1)
Since everyone doesn't report accurately then the most populated country that actually reports accurate numbers would have the most infected. That country being the US.

Okay, If thats what he is saying that makes more sense than what he typed. I would disagree with that. I know its not you saying that though.

But obviously USA has been vastly under reporting due lack of testing especially earlier. I think South Korea has been the best at reporting and testing but I am sure they are under reporting as well. Its hard when lots of people have minor symptoms and dont get medical help. You need to randomly test lots of people constantly. But a lack or reliable tests world wide hurts the ability to do that

No one can know to which degree either U.S or China under-reported cases, either by lack of testing or by manipulating information.

However, at this rate the whole point will be irrelevant. U.S. will lead the world by a wide margin. We need to keep an eye on India (which is struggling mightily with testing and their government is not the most transparent to say the least) and Indonesia (not doing enough/too late/low compliance by pop) though.

I love Trump. He’s really stickin it to the establishment. This is exactly what rural “forgotten white people” wanted back in 2016, amiright? MAGA! Murika First! bUt HeR eMaIls!

hE lEaRnEd HiS lEsSoN!

I love Trump. He’s really stickin it to the establishment. This is exactly what rural “forgotten white people” wanted back in 2016, amiright? MAGA! Murika First! bUt HeR eMaIls!

hE lEaRnEd HiS lEsSoN!

Probably don't want to piss Michigan off, those 16 electoral votes will matter in November.

Probably don't want to piss Michigan off, those 16 electoral votes will matter in November.

GWB said the ongoing war in Iraq was worth it to him to risk a second term.

Obama said Obamacare was worth risking a second term.

Donald thinks continuing to be a petty douche is worth it to risk a second term.

Last edited:
China went into a lockdown that no western nation is capable of. It has been shown in several places now that lockdowns absolutely slow and can eventually stop new cases. It has also been shown that to go about our normal lives means that cases double every two to three days.

Until you've gotten this you are completely susceptible to infection. You have no immunity to it at all. There is nothing your body can do to prevent the infection. You will get infected if exposed. Then it's just a roll of the dice how serious your case is.

You will get infected if exposed? Where are you seeing that?

I mean, out of everybody on the Jazz in close proximity or even contact with Rudy and Donovan, nobody else got it. Is that not evidence that not everybody exposed gets it?

China did not even count people that tested positive but were asymptomatic, only those that showed symptoms. That right there could have doubled their numbers.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...onavirus-patients-test-negative-then-positive

Under its newest COVID-19 prevention guidelines, China does not include in its overall daily count for total and for new cases those who retest positive after being released from medical care. China also does not include asymptomatic cases in case counts.

You will get infected if exposed? Where are you seeing that?

I mean, out of everybody on the Jazz in close proximity or even contact with Rudy and Donovan, nobody else got it. Is that not evidence that not everybody exposed gets it?
I'm not saying that if you're in the same room with someone.

If the virus enters your body you will get infected. I can't speak to "viral load" but by all accounts COVID-19 requires an unusually low viral load to cause infection.

With many other infections you can get a sufficient viral load but since your body has antibodies that can begin to fight it you will never get sick and the infection will never grow in your body.

That is not true with this. You do not have any antibodies to fight this. Your immune system will not identify it immediately. If it gets into your body you will become infected and eventually become contagious.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor nor am I particularly well educated in regard to human biology or infectious disease.

I'm not saying that if you're in the same room with someone.

If the virus enters your body you will get infected. I can't speak to "viral load" but by all accounts COVID-19 requires an unusually low viral load to cause infection.

With many other infections you can get a sufficient viral load but since your body has antibodies that can begin to fight it you will never get sick and the infection will never grow in your body.

That is not true with this. You do not have any antibodies to fight this. Your immune system will not identify it immediately. If it gets into your body you will become infected and eventually become contagious.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor nor am I particularly well educated in regard to human biology or infectious disease.

Ahhh I understand what you're saying now. Thanks for clarifying for my dumbass.

Well, looks like all of our checks are on the way. What are you guys doing with your money? How many DON colorways are you buying?

I sent you 3 examples. Took me ~5 minutes. Look around the internet for more.
I did not see your examples. As far as I know no serious person is saying what you claimed they are saying. Can you find some whacko somewhere that is posting an idiotic opinion anonymously? Of course. You can find an idiotic post supporting every possible idiotic position on the internet. That's meaningless, though.

They’ll drop into poverty if we choose to let them drop into poverty. We just opened up a 2 trillion pocketbook

the notion that letting people die from disease is in our country’s best long term economic interest is both flawed and immoral.
Yeah, we're in agreement. You agree with practically everyone in fact. You appear to be trying to twist their positions into something you don't like in order to feel superior or something.

I did not see your examples. As far as I know no serious person is saying what you claimed they are saying. Can you find some whacko somewhere that is posting an idiotic opinion anonymously? Of course. You can find an idiotic post supporting every possible idiotic position on the internet. That's meaningless, though.

I disagree. It is not just extremists. There are a great many people who think the shutdown is not called for and to get back to work and accept the risks and the incremental risks.

That... sounds like the Republican Party in 2016 and now it’s the party of Trump.

November will be interesting.
It's not at all like the Republican Party in 2016. Had Sanders taken over the Democratic Party that would be a more apt analogy by far. Trump was not some sort of compromise. He conducted a hostile takeover of the Republican party, followed by a hostile takeover of the American Government. Biden couldn't conduct a hostile takeover of anything if his life depended upon it. When I see him on screen I can't help but feel that the Democratic party conducted a hostile takeover of his nap.

Yeah, we're in agreement. You agree with practically everyone in fact. You appear to be trying to twist their positions into something you don't like in order to feel superior or something.

Dude, you need to take some time for some self-reflection. All I have said is that pro-lifers who believe that we should get the economy rolling and let people die are morally inconsistent. I did not criticize pro life people or the people who believe that we should restart the economy faster, so your claim that I want to feel superior is a real head-scratcher.

If you don't hold these inconsistent beliefs, what is the point you are trying to make and why are you becoming so defensive and argumentative? You should have just said "I agree" after my first post and then moved on. Instead you called me a liar, I proved you wrong with evidence, and here we are.

Have a nice day.

Last edited: