What's new

Coronavirus

The two new hospitals got finished. So now the central government is requiring quarantine of all confirmed cases in Hubei Providence. Which is good they can do that for now. I'm far less concerned about numbers within Hubei than I am cases outside. So far those numbers aren't growing fast and aren't very many.

I was just reading about cases on the island I am on. It makes you really dislike some people. They have all the data on them. They basically are old people vacationing while sick and traveled all over the place including multiple plane, train, and cruises while sick. Even if they didn't think it was this virus it's very rude to go around with a sickness and spread it. Even if it's just the common cold.

Rip to the doctor who CCP RON claims was making **** up. This guy tried to do the right thing and was silenced. Now he has passed away.

A villain am
I right ccp ron?

Where is your proof that he did the wrong thingv

While I don't agree with suppressing information and I don't agree with addressing him. He was spreading false information and saying things he don't know about. China handles some of this different but lots of countries would try to make sure they knew information and how to discuss it with the public before trying to create panic and fear with people. You can focus on the negative things there have been plenty of those. But there are plenty of food things they have done such as shut down wuhan and track down everyone who left from the city. Got the entire country to change their behavior and try to stop the spread of it. Which is more than other countries can say including the USA with some of their out breaks.

Have you stopped eating pigs and waterfowl and started condemning the USA for still eating those animals that are known to carry deadly virus?

How was he spreading false info?

Plz educate me ccp rob

China tech company Tencent, which owns and operates WeChat, has now at three different times displayed statistics for the outbreak in China that are 10x higher than the government's official numbers. In each case, the numbers are then revised within minutes to match the government-approved statistics. Most importantly, the Tencent numbers (before they are changed) have shown a mortality rate that is much higher than the 2% official figure. The Tencent numbers show mortality consistently in at least the 10% - 12% range.

If the R0 is 4 and the mortality rate is near 10%, there is a grave global health risk, unless those infected can be isolated.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...y/news-story/54736a213dddd2e6d8d9d0b382ca34b6

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594

Last edited:
China tech company Tencent, which owns and operates WeChat, has now at three different times displayed statistics for the outbreak in China that are 10x higher than the government's official numbers. In each case, the numbers are then revised within minutes to match the government-approved statistics. Most importantly, the Tencent numbers (before they are changed) have shown a mortality rate that is much higher than the 2% official figure. The Tencent numbers show mortality consistently in at least the 10% - 12% range.

If the R0 is 4 and the mortality rate is near 10%, there is a grave global health risk, unless those infected can be isolated.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...y/news-story/54736a213dddd2e6d8d9d0b382ca34b6

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594
locals knew the numbers are higher they just don't want to talk about it or post it in social media like weibo and we chat. Things like these can get you in trouble.

locals knew the numbers are higher they just don't want to talk about it or post it in social media like weibo and we chat. Things like these can get you in trouble.
Lots of local people I know are talking about it and posting about it.

Rip to the doctor who CCP RON claims was making **** up. This guy tried to do the right thing and was silenced. Now he has passed away.

A villain am
I right ccp ron?

Where is your proof that he did the wrong thingv

Very sad he passed away. I don't think he was a villain. He seemed like a very nice person trying to do the right thing but broke some basic rules as a doctor. I hope there isn't more to this than the virus.

Locale are upset about the doctor today. Maybe she upset that the hospital tried to do too much to keep him alive after his heart stopped. Many painful options because they knew this would look bad to have him die. Heart failure sounds like there was something else though.

Yeah, but the mortality rate is what's alarming.
The mortality rate is concerning. But the mortality rate outside wuhan is very very low. Outside of China is almost none. I don't think other countries are lying about their numbers as well, but maybe. No country likes to look bad. It also might be anecdotal but it seems odd that I know about 10 people directly or family member of someone I know that for the virus and all of them healed on their own just fine except one. The one was in the hospital but was given the aids medicine that's been shown to cut the virus heal time from 2 weeks to a couple days. That medicine is expensive but there is plenty of it available.

I know it is hypothetical and probably would be considered non-ethical-sportsmanlike behaviour even by Trump and other tough politicians, but isn't the easy method to verify the seriousness of the virus, if the all big countries (USA, UK, Japan, France, Germany etc) would recognize the independence of Taiwan, invited to UN and WHO etc (i would like to insert the emoticon of Mr Burns from the Simpsons here :) )? If the China fires back from all the fronts - then we know, that the virus is not that dangerous at all when losing Taiwan is more important? And if the Xi keeps the silence, then we know, that at least China and also worldwide economy is in a DEEP TROUBLE.

I know it is hypothetical and probably would be considered non-ethical-sportsmanlike behaviour even by Trump and other tough politicians, but isn't the easy method to verify the seriousness of the virus, if the all big countries (USA, UK, Japan, France, Germany etc) would recognize the independence of Taiwan, invited to UN and WHO etc (i would like to insert the emoticon of Mr Burns from the Simpsons here :) )? If the China fires back from all the fronts - then we know, that the virus is not that dangerous at all when losing Taiwan is more important? And if the Xi keeps the silence, then we know, that at least China and also worldwide economy is in a DEEP TROUBLE.
That's a bold strategy Cotton!

Lol
China is basically a circus.
Cant even post a news story about the freedom of speech on weibo...lmao

86 deaths yesterday.

Should these numbers continue to rise on a daily basis or are enough precautions in place that we should soon begin to see them decline?

If there is an 8% increase in deaths per day, we’ll see about 400 deaths in a day in 20 days. 2,750 in a day in 45 days. 27,500 deaths in a day in two and a half months. And that’s at just 8%.

So will this soon be slowing/stopped?

Last edited:
If there is an 8% increase in deaths per day, we’ll see about 400 deaths in a day in 20 days. 2,750 in a day in 45 days. 27,500 deaths in a day in two and a half months. And that’s at just 8%.

So will this soon be slowing/stopped?
I think it will slow down now that they have the new hospitals open. Deaths aren't occurring very often outside of wuhan. There are way too many cases and not enough staff and rooms in wuhan. The rest of China and the world are having no problem treating the few cases. But if it keeps growing in wuhan and they don't send more help then those numbers might keep jumping up there. Thankfully that city is on complete lock down so I don't think it will rapidly spread.