What's new

Coronavirus

I don't think a statewide mask mandate is necessary for Utah, but definitely in metro areas and those with active cases. If you live in Garfield County and there's no active cases, a mask shouldn't be required, but not so if you're in a metro area or a rural area with outbreaks.

You can have a targeted plan that is agile and adapts based on what areas need the help.

Disagree. Without a state wide mask mandate, no one will wear them. We should take the pressure off businesses and health conscious people and just make it required in all public places.

Is there any (Good) reason why in Utah in house dining is still happening, movie theaters are still open, and high school sports are still going?

Is there any (Good) reason why in Utah in house dining is still happening, movie theaters are still open, and high school sports are still going?
Well, from a silver lining perspective, it's allowing some businesses to try to get SOME revenue during a period where they are struggling.
Granted, yes, there are risks. I have only sat in a single restaurant since this whole thing started, and it was a little weird.
But having a lot of friends in the bar business who are struggling mightily, some revenue is better than no revenue to them because their lease still needs to be paid.

EDIT: High School Sports - that's an integral part of the high school experience for many. I can understand the desire of some students and parents to participate, if it can be done safely. But... that's a big if.

I don't think a statewide mask mandate is necessary for Utah, but definitely in metro areas and those with active cases. If you live in Garfield County and there's no active cases, a mask shouldn't be required, but not so if you're in a metro area or a rural area with outbreaks.

You can have a targeted plan that is agile and adapts based on what areas need the help.

I couldn’t disagree with this more.

Don't get me wrong, I support mask wearing, but you're not going to get a small town in the middle of nowhere with no community spread to do this. Sheriffs aren't going to round up citizens and fine them - it's not happening when there's already a very anti-government sentiment in rural areas. And if you live in Milford or Manila, they couldn't care less what Herbert tells them to do.

Quite literally, if Trump wears a mask, they would wear a mask. That sounds like it's a generality but it's the honest truth.

This is what’s happening in Florida. Any idea why they’re becoming the epicenter of the virus?

The heavy dose of Fox News, Facebook, Perverse Christianity, and stupidity is literally killing us.

Holy bat **** crazy lady

Reactions: MVP
Well, from a silver lining perspective, it's allowing some businesses to try to get SOME revenue during a period where they are struggling.
Granted, yes, there are risks. I have only sat in a single restaurant since this whole thing started, and it was a little weird.
But having a lot of friends in the bar business who are struggling mightily, some revenue is better than no revenue to them because their lease still needs to be paid.

EDIT: High School Sports - that's an integral part of the high school experience for many. I can understand the desire of some students and parents to participate, if it can be done safely. But... that's a big if.

I don’t think overwhelming the health care system and spreading this virus so bad that fellow states are putting people who visit our state into 14 day quarantines is worth it. Also, sick and dying people, I’m guessing that dying sucks.

And before anyone claims that our health care system is fine, Our state epidemiologist already addressed that earlier this week:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/06/22/utah-reports-new-covid/

“We are quickly getting to a point where the only viable option to manage spread and deaths will be a complete shutdown,” warns a memo that Dr. Angela Dunn, the state epidemiologist, distributed Friday to state and local health officials...

“We have heard,” the memo states, “from the [Utah Hospital Association, University of Utah Health and Intermountain Healthcare] that hospitals are going to exceed their capacity to care for individuals within the next 4-8 weeks.”

I don’t think overwhelming the health care system and spreading this virus so bad that fellow states are putting people who visit our state into 14 day quarantines is worth it. Also, sick and dying people, I’m guessing that dying sucks.

And before anyone claims that our health care system is fine, Our state epidemiologist already addressed that earlier this week:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/06/22/utah-reports-new-covid/
Dying totally sucks!
I will never do it again.

Confidently ****ing crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a mask . That’s it! To protect everyone around her during a surge in a PANDEMIC.

She’s a selfish child, like the rest of them.

This is their fault. They need to own up and stop crying while others truly suffer.

Seriously, she needs to shut the **** up. I’m tired of carrying these morons along while they kill small business. I’m over it.

The sooner she starts wearing her mask, the sooner the deaf, old, and sick will get to hang out with loved ones like she does.

Selfish.

I was at the post office getting my mail yesterday cause I moved a few weeks ago and the USPS won't deliver packages to my door until I have a mailbox too small for them installed... Anyway, there was two gentlemen from Nepal next to me wearing masks - one elderly guy and his son who I'd say was mid 40s. I was waiting for the lady helping me to get my packages and was listening to them. They were getting their passport. They asked the lady helping them if she was worried about not wearing a mask. The lady defensively said I can move back. The Nepal guy was like I was just asking, calm yourself and the lady goes, "if I wear a mask it doesn't protect me it only protects you from me..." gawd damn it.

When I got my packages I turned and left. There were about 20 people in line and no one else had masks on.

People are selfish.

I was at the post office getting my mail yesterday cause I moved a few weeks ago and the USPS won't deliver packages to my door until I have a mailbox too small for them installed... Anyway, there was two gentlemen from Nepal next to me wearing masks - one elderly guy and his son who I'd say was mid 40s. I was waiting for the lady helping me to get my packages and was listening to them. They were getting their passport. They asked the lady helping them if she was worried about not wearing a mask. The lady defensively said I can move back. The Nepal guy was like I was just asking, calm yourself and the lady goes, "if I wear a mask it doesn't protect me it only protects you from me..." gawd damn it.

When I got my packages I turned and left. There were about 20 people in line and no one else had masks on.

People are selfish.

Utahr.