What's new

Coronavirus

This fall gives me major anxiety

To me, the challenge is that we don't have a cohesive strategy still after all this time. From a pure risk management perspective, we haven't outlined known risks effectively and developed mitigation plans which means we can't even begin to consider unknown risks.

If schools develop confirmed cases, what's our response? Does anyone know?

How will we mobilize and provide additional testing, quarantine and assistance for highly impacted outbreaks in specific areas? Does anyone know?

How do we effectively share contact tracing data and prevent risks more effectively? Does anyone know?

In short, there is no federal plan. The plan is to simply re-open the economy and pray the virus goes away. It's a political plan, not one embedded in fact and that's why our trajectory is an embarrassment when compared to other civilized nations.

I'm not a doomsayer and I'm not saying millions are going to die this year. What I am saying is that we are a rudderless ship and will continue to be knocked around by the current until competent captains can take hold of the wheel.

Last edited:
To me, the challenge is that we don't have a cohesive strategy still after all this time. From a pure risk management perspective, we haven't outlined known risks effectively and developed mitigation plans which means we can't even begin to consider unknown risks.

If schools develop confirmed cases, what's our response? Does anyone know?

How will we mobilize and provide additional testing, quarantine and assistance for highly impacted outbreaks in specific areas? Does anyone know?

How do we effectively share contact tracing data and prevent risks more effectively? Does anyone know?

In short, there is no federal plan. The plan is to simply re-open the economy and pray the virus goes away. It's a political plan, not one embedded in fact and that's why our trajectory is an embarrassment when compared to other civilized nations.

I'm not a doomsayer and I'm not saying millions are going to die this year. What I am saying is that we are a rudderless ship and will continue to be knocked around by the current until competent captains can take hold of the wheel.

solid post

Just curious, has anyone on this board actually had COVID-19? @fishonjazz I remember early you were pretty sick. I’m
Not sure if they even had tests set up then or what. What you had could’ve been a lot of things. Was it covid?

Just curious, has anyone on this board actually had COVID-19? @fishonjazz I remember early you were pretty sick. I’m
Not sure if they even had tests set up then or what. What you had could’ve been a lot of things. Was it covid?
My family was sick but I don't think it was covid. Too early and my wife got the antibody test and it was negative

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Had our first positive staff test at work in the last 24 hours. Think **** might be about to hit the fan, it will not be distributed equally.

This is an interesting development. Covid19 might be much older than we think and might have a different origin. Or it could be another strand.

Covid19 found in a waste water sample from March 2019 in Barcelona.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...na-find-covid-19-waste-water-march-2019-nine/

This is actually huge news and I am not sure why it isnt getting more attention. If we had covid19 for about 9 months before we knew about it then I think a lot more people have it and its far less of a big deal. Or if there are multiple strands that is scary news. Either way a lot of research needs to be done on this quickly.

This is actually huge news and I am not sure why it isnt getting more attention. If we had covid19 for about 9 months before we knew about it then I think a lot more people have it and its far less of a big deal. Or if there are multiple strands that is scary news. Either way a lot of research needs to be done on this quickly.
Likely in large part due to the only news that gets reported is that which is consistent with an angle of “OMG we’re ****ed.” When antibody testing came out showing that there’s a huge amount of people who have already had it, this idea was strongly resisted by point out flaws in studies, flaws in antibody tests, etc. When the idea that the summer would be less lethal was proposed during winter/spring, the response was “these people are ****ing stupid” to now, as we approach fall, embracing this idea because “OMG we’re ****ed.”

Likely in large part due to the only news that gets reported is that which is consistent with an angle of “OMG we’re ****ed.” When antibody testing came out showing that there’s a huge amount of people who have already had it, this idea was strongly resisted by point out flaws in studies, flaws in antibody tests, etc. When the idea that the summer would be less lethal was proposed during winter/spring, the response was “these people are ****ing stupid” to now, as we approach fall, embracing this idea because “OMG we’re ****ed.”
Don't forget the one about how we are testing too much and there would be hardly any cases at all if we just didn't test anyone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

"Experts" predicted 200,000 deaths to occur by the beginning of April and come basically July and there are only 125,000 deaths. And that number in itself is inflated due to tax incentives of labeling a death a COVID death. On top of that "experts predicted exponential growth in deaths and were obviously as wrong as one can be.

Now there's a "spike" in coronavirus cases, none of it to do with the protests "obviously", and all of it due to Trump rallies and people going to the beach. But the fact is the death rate is now even lower because most of the death ratio of those new cases is driving the death rate even lower.

But because it's election year we are going to have to put up with ******** until November and suffer the consequences of anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, etc. from trying to lock people up, keep people unemployed, using media scare tactics, and preventing people from the going to the gym.

"Experts" predicted 200,000 deaths to occur by the beginning of April and come basically July and there are only 125,000 deaths. And that number in itself is inflated due to tax incentives of labeling a death a COVID death. On top of that "experts predicted exponential growth in deaths and were obviously as wrong as one can be.

Now there's a "spike" in coronavirus cases, none of it to do with the protests "obviously", and all of it due to Trump rallies and people going to the beach. But the fact is the death rate is now even lower because most of the death ratio of those new cases is driving the death rate even lower.

But because it's election year we are going to have to put up with ******** until November and suffer the consequences of anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, etc. from trying to lock people up, keep people unemployed, using media scare tactics, and preventing people from the going to the gym.
Do you have links?

I heard 100,000 to 200,000 deaths. Didn't see a timetable. We're at 125,000 and counting. I can remember when it was below 10k deaths and people were scoffing at predictions of 50k deaths and saying this wasn't even as bad as the flu.

I don't see anyone saying the protests were COVID safe. But here's the bottom line, total mortality this year is up by pretty much the same number as deaths attributed to COVID-19. So unless you have another explanation for the rise in deaths that tracks with the deaths attributed to COVID-19 then I think it's safe to say the death count is somewhat accurate.

Things have been open most places for over a month now. We're not "locked up" at all. I've been going to the gym for weeks now.

If you got the info you used in your post from what you consider a trusted and reliable source, you need to reconsider your relationship with that source, they're lying to you.

So why are deaths so much higher now than in 2019? It mutated to become more deadly and or contagious?

**** if I know. But there's been lots of evidence it's been around longer. Also lots of evidence that more people have been exposed to it. My guess is it's been around awhile undetected and is really contagious but not very deadly unless you have other major issues.

BTW, how's your taste doing?

**** if I know. But there's been lots of evidence it's been around longer. Also lots of evidence that more people have been exposed to it. My guess is it's been around awhile undetected and is really contagious but not very deadly unless you have other major issues.

Listened to a pod with a bioligical something or other. He was saying evidence was strong this came from the wuhan lab do to how efficient it was in humans from the get go and how it really struggled out doors. All pointing to it being more likely it was evolved in a lab from its origin to be used on humans on purpose. He didn't say it was leaked on purpose just that there are a lot of signs showing this didnt go straight from bat to human. Makes sense to me but virology is just a hobby of mine.

Taste seems fine, I'd say smell is like 60% of normal maybe. I can smell things but nothing is a strong smell at all.