What's new

Coronavirus

Is this supposed to help or hinder our pandemic containment effort?

I know you are running a sort of political circus hyping totalitarian social change using the Covid-19 stats as a mob mentality fear panic thing, but seriously, you expose yourself indecently when you want asymptomatic people, or people with, negative test results to be counted as Covid-19 cases simply because they were exposed to another person considered positive, with the same criteria for reporting.

I am sure it would take a Nobel laureate epidemiologist to do a study that could now unravel the true stats from all the fake padding of the stats thet's been done to get gov funds or bulk out the panic to try to justify applying totalitarian government orders.

You should be embarassed for being so ignorant or so thoughtless or so unconscionable about your panic mongering.

I know you are running a sort of political circus hyping totalitarian social change using the Covid-19 stats as a mob mentality fear panic thing, but seriously, you expose yourself indecently when you want asymptomatic people, or people with, negative test results to be counted as Covid-19 cases simply because they were exposed to another person considered positive, with the same criteria for reporting.

I am sure it would take a Nobel laureate epidemiologist to do a study that could now unravel the true stats from all the fake padding of the stats thet's been done to get gov funds or bulk out the panic to try to justify applying totalitarian government orders.

You should be embarassed for being so ignorant or so thoughtless or so unconscionable about your panic mongering.
I love how you claim to know things that you don't actually and cannot in any possible way know.

You think maybe they were sexing it (the bat) up?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I saw a fruit bat sexing itself up at Hogle zoo once. Standing there with my kids looking at them hanging upside down and all of a sudden one gets a hard on and starts sucking itself. "Dad, what is it doing?" Definitely one of the more awkward moments of my life.

Most people would regard death as the worse possible outcome for Covid-19. Hard to argue with that. There’s something about living and breathing that most find agreeable, and worth hanging onto. But quality of life is worth hanging onto as well. Apparently, there are many thousands of Americans who have come to calling themselves “long haulers”. These are people who continue to suffer conditions that indicate Covid-19 just won’t quit, in their case, or who find themselves suffering debilitating conditions that were absent prior to being infected. For instance, many suffer from what seems like something akin to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Many of them have banded together, in the form of a group known as Survivor Corps. Here is their webpage:

26,000,000 cases worldwide

I don't want to get into a childish back and fourth but do you now understand how insane 75,000,000 in the US alone was?

One thing I have learned recently in talking with a few of my trumper friends is that they believe that the only reason things are being shut down and masks are being worn and social distancing is occurring is because "the left" are doing these things to hurt trumps re-election campaign. Is this really how trumper feel?
Just speaking for myself I dont lay blame on trump for the high unemployment or for a slower economy. Those things wouldn't effect how I would or wouldn't vote for trump. What does effect that for me is the amount of deaths and people sick and whatnot. imo if "the left" wanted to hurt trumps re-election chances then they would try to make sure everything is opened up and there are huge crowds of people close together everywhere not wearing any masks. They would try to get all schools open and everyone attending. Get that death toll and amount of infections as high as possible.
Right now many of us dont know people who have died or gotten extremely sick. I personally only know one person who has died and then archies mom and thats it. I only had known 1 person to get really sick from the virus. I think if everyone knew multiple people who had died and who had been hospitalized then it would be much worse for trump than high unemployment. We can get those jobs back but not the lives.
Imagine if there was never anything shut down and no social distancing and no masks and instead of the death toll being 180,000 it was 350,000 or something instead. And much more of us had lost loved ones. What if the hospitals didn't have capacity or ventilators and they were having to choose who to try to save and who to simply let die. That would look pretty bad for trump imo.

Anyway, thats my rant for today. Carry on.

I don't want to get into a childish back and fourth but do you now understand how insane 75,000,000 in the US alone was?
I always thought that number was insane. As for its accuracy cancelling travel, social distancing, mask wearing, closing down businesses, washing hands more often, using hand sanitizer more often, testing and quarantining people who were positive, closing down schools, and generally just learning more about the virus, etc etc etc most certainly had an effect on the numbers.

Last edited:

I wasn't aware the disease had run it's course yet.

And this won’t help. This will make matters worse, and the orders are said to have originated at the highest level...

I always thought that number was insane. As for its accuracy cancelling travel, social distancing, mask wearing, closing down businesses, washing hands more often, using hand sanitizer more often, testing and quarantining people who were positive, closing down schools, and generally just learning more about the virus, etc etc etc most certainly had an effect on the numbers.

Just think how much worse it’d be if sports hadn’t taken measures to lower spread. NBA arenas wouldve been packed with thousands over the summer. Right now stadiums would be filling with thousands. I’m actually really interested to see what happens with college football seeing how many schools are having problems just opening up for academics. Just the sports world alone would add thousands more to hospitals on a weekly basis.