What's new

Coronavirus

P.S. @JazzyFresh, you also seem to think the world revolves around you. You seem to think a lot of people here owe you something. With your piss poor attitude, nobody here owes you a damn thing.
Lol a bunch of bigots don't owe me jack. You're making up some crazy fantasy that's pretty weird

@Red
I was fully aware a person like me with no underlying conditions and healthy had zero chance of dying. We now know the number is less than 10,000. If this virus astronomically was the death of me then I was completely ok with that. I do far more dangerous things every single day that will kill me before this virus. I have a higher chance of dying going to go pick up my pizza here in 5 minutes. Hell the cholesterol from the pizza is more worrisome.

Edit: I take that back. I was terrified that college educated people didn't understand 5th grade math and couldn't find logical thinking.

Last edited:
Trump claiming that a virus will be developed and distributed by the election vs what the scientists are saying (2nd or 3rd Qtr of 2021) is pretty funny. Gee, who are we going to trust? I know the mindless Trumpers only care about what dear leader says. But you’d think they’d be second guessing themselves after trump claimed it would go away by Easter.

Trump claiming that a virus will be developed and distributed by the election vs what the scientists are saying (2nd or 3rd Qtr of 2021) is pretty funny. Gee, who are we going to trust? I know the mindless Trumpers only care about what dear leader says. But you’d think they’d be second guessing themselves after trump claimed it would go away by Easter.

Both of them miss the mark: by the time there’s a vaccine, we won’t need one.

what makes you say that?
It’s burning itself out around 20-25% seropositivity rate. By the time you can 1) get a vaccine to market and 2) administer it broadly enough, COVID will be endemic.

It’s burning itself out around 20-25% seropositivity rate. By the time you can 1) get a vaccine to market and 2) administer it broadly enough, COVID will be endemic.
I think it will still be a pandemic when a vaccine gets to market. I think you are leaving out the rest of the world. It's no where near that most places.

I think it will still be a pandemic when a vaccine gets to market. I think you are leaving out the rest of the world. It's no where near that most places.
We were talking about Redfield vs. Trump which is purely a domestic issue. I’m talking about seropositive rates, not case rates, and we’re talking about when a vaccine is available, not now.

We were talking about Redfield vs. Trump which is purely a domestic issue. I’m talking about seropositive rates, not case rates, and we’re talking about when a vaccine is available, not now.
Yes, I understand those things. It will still be a global pandemic most likely when a vaccine becomes available. But it might be an endemic in the USA by that point. Although that's assuming it hasn't changed again.

Some more scaremongering, for those of us who enjoy that approach. Actually, I think the ability to spread as an aerosol might be the best way to explain super spreading events...

And more on so called “long haulers”, and the persistence of chronic conditions...

I found the perfect mask for trumpers on this board like @Heathme

I’m not sure what Trumpers are trying to prove. But it’s pretty funny to watch.

Last edited:
Been breathing like ****, think wearing masks 10 to 12 hours a day is blame. Damn COVID. Im sure my smoking doesn't help but fark.

Terrible take

it doesn’t burn itself out. — are you talking about herd immunity? You don’t get that at 25%

there will be hundreds of millions to protect with a vaccine.

I might have misunderstood what you mean here. Are you saying that covid19 will be part of the back ground by the time the vaccine gets to market, but still killing people are basically the same rate?

Terrible take

it doesn’t burn itself out. — are you talking about herd immunity? You don’t get that at 25%

there will be hundreds of millions to protect with a vaccine.

There are scientists saying the real herd immunity # is around 20%.

Try 1,400 today.

yep. Up from 1,117 from last Friday. It’s not crazy to think that next Friday we’ll be near 1,700.

It’s weird why cases are skyrocketing. My ward had a bbq a few weeks ago. I obviously didn’t attend but masks and social distancing were nonexistent from what I gather. They’re even talking about expanding sacrament meeting to more people and increasing youth activities. The skate park I drive by never has anyone in any masks. The admins at high school football games have clearly given up on enforcing masks and social distancing. The Texas Roadhouse in Lehi has packed with at least an hour long wait the other night.

So it’s a mystery why the numbers keep going up. Weird