What's new

Coronavirus

It seems as if why you posted it is because we had been discussing herd immunity, as this is the coronavirus thread, after all. After a substantive post regarding herd immunity that actually counters all the previous high-fiving about erroneous ideas regarding herd immunity, we get a two-week old tweet of a paraphasic error. It's almost as if people aren't interested in scientific literature and discussion, but in how this may be used for political football.

Im honestly just not very interested in the “scientific research” you post. You’re right. Especially given your consistent downplaying of the virus for months. You've been playing Political football With this since it began.

No thanks, I’ll trust in the proven scientists from trusted sources who still describe herd immunity as being 70+ percent.

Kind of an ominous note:

Working for the Board of Health my wife had her first "repeat" Covid-19 patient.

15 year old kid - got it from a family member in late March. Just tested positive again - probably got it in school. Hoping the second is a false positive but not looking good - has all the typical symptoms.

Kind of an ominous note:

Working for the Board of Health my wife had her first "repeat" Covid-19 patient.

15 year old kid - got it from a family member in late March. Just tested positive again - probably got it in school. Hoping the second is a false positive but not looking good - has all the typical symptoms.
There is still so much we do not know about this thing.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Kind of an ominous note:

Pretty damn scary if this thing is really reinfecting people. I know most believe they are false-positives but there have been cases in the news of not just repeat positive tests, but showing symptoms again. They talked about one here locally on the local NPR station. Not good.

Where’s the pro life movement here? Shouldn’t they be up in arms? Abortion and fetal tissue and stuff. They’re going to support a president who murdered babies and sucked their life for his own? What a monster! Pro life!

Again, I have no problem if you’re actually pro life. But that means you’ve got to be more than just anti choice. And there’s no chance in ****ing hell you should support Donald trump. He’s antithetical to being pro life. Seeing so many pro lifers still supportive of trump just tells me that they’re not actually serious about being pro life.

Last edited:

The photo in this article is so very telling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The photo in this article is so very telling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent observation.

I expect over 1,500 cases today. Friday and Saturday reporting days are typically the highest of the week.

Why do this? What rational and science based thinking was behind this?

these people need to be prosecuted. They’re actively working to make the pandemic worse which will lead to more suffering and death.

Another day another member of the Trump family saying stupid ****

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah the problem is we already know people believe all kinds of random ****. Look at all the fake crap that floats around Facebook. Literally everyone here, I guarantee, has had a friend they viewed as intelligent post something stupid or fake as if it were legitimate. All Trump's call has to do is say **** like this and plenty of people will believe it, repost it, often removing the original source, until it becomes simply "Donald Trump develops vaccine that cured his own COVID". **** like that will swing some voters and definitely solidify his base and they know it. They are masters of using fake news to their advantage.

more than 1000 cases per day in Utah is the new norm.

more than 1000 cases per day in Utah is the new norm.

remember in July when Gov Herbert said we needed under 500 cases for 2 weeks in order to reopen schools? We’re two weeks into October now and we’re averaging 1,163 new daily cases.

Remember when Drs Fauci, Birx, and our local Dr Dunn said we needed under 5 percent positivity for tests in order to safely reopen? We’re averaging 15.2 percent in this month.

I remember the task force that Spencer Cox and Dr Dunn led in May and June said that we needed two weeks of downward trends in order to safely reopen. New cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are up over 20 percent this month.

Why aren’t we seeing any changes on the state level to lower our numbers? Seems like the science has become too inconvenient and is merely being ignored now. We obviously aren’t the only state to ignore the science. But it just goes to show how rudderless our leadership has been. The next several months are going to be bleak. Yes, we are doing a better job of keeping people alive. But we’re doing a terrible job of keeping people from getting infected in the first place because we’re ignoring science.

BTW, we are averaging 5 deaths per day, our deadliest month so far.

This is the kind of **** that concerns me the most (as far as personal fear vis a vis coronavirus): BRAIN FOG & PERSISTENT INFLAMMATION.

Yep, totally agree. One reason I’ve been consistently pointing out the existence of “long haulers” where Covid-19 is concerned. Every single time someone points out death rate, or the average age of those who die from Covid, etc. Yes, death is a worst case scenario, but losing one’s quality of life is no small thing. It is the persistence of debilitating conditions like brain fog, as well as other chronic problems, that led to the creation of Survivor Corps.