What's new

Cousins

D Will Texas

Cousins could have been that guy, the man the Jazz needed so badly. If only O'Conner had the balls to move up and select the "head case".

Honestly, this could have been the piece that made D Will stay. The combination would have been unstoppable. What would it have taken ? Millsap + #9 pick? They should have done that trade in a heartbeat.

Cousins is a BEAST!!!!!

Cousins is a beast. He will doubtless absolutely blow up in seasons to come. But not to fret, man. We have Gordan Heyword. He'll doubtless give us a few points and a few hustles here and there for seasons to come. So it's a wash, really.

You know what they should have done? They should have never given up draft picks to get Gail Goodrich. I mean Goodrich was pretty good, but if they had kept those picks they would have had the #1 pick in 1979 and could have drafted Magic Johnson. Now he was a beast. Wow that would be awesome!

Hey hey hey.. word?

krusty.gif

They tried to move up. The teams at the top of the lottery didn't bite.

This. We all know the Jazz tried to move up to #5 to get Cousins. It was the talk of the town in the weeks leading up to the draft. There were articles about it. Much reference was made to the fact that teams passed on Karl Malone in the draft because of his immaturity and volatility.

Sacramento finally decided they couldn't live without Cousins and took the deal, whatever it was, off the table. Do you guys not remember this? I know it was like half a year ago, but smoke less pot or eat less MSG or whatever's making you so forgetful.

This. We all know the Jazz tried to move up to #5 to get Cousins. It was the talk of the town in the weeks leading up to the draft. There were articles about it. Much reference was made to the fact that teams passed on Karl Malone in the draft because of his immaturity and volatility.

Sacramento finally decided they couldn't live without Cousins and took the deal, whatever it was, off the table. Do you guys not remember this? I know it was like half a year ago, but smoke less pot or eat less MSG or whatever's making you so forgetful.

I think you are smoking pot. I have never heard we were moving up to grab cousins. It was for Monroe.

I think you are smoking pot. I have never heard we were moving up to grab cousins. It was for Monroe.

Wrong. It was for Cousins.

"Afterwards O’Connor said that the team tried to trade up for a chance to corral an elite center (DeMarcus Cousins), but no deals could be reached".

What do you think was offered? I have to believe that the #9 pick, Millsap, a future first rounder and the rights to Tomic would have been enough to make Sacramento bite.....

Imagine how happy D will would have been if we had gotten Demarcus.

DWill
Matthews = CHAMPIONSHIP
CJ
Kirilenko
Cousins

I blame New York. Maybe if the Jazz can tank it for 7-8 years, they can stockpile enough talent to get excited about.

What do you think was offered? I have to believe that the #9 pick, Millsap, a future first rounder and the rights to Tomic would have been enough to make Sacramento bite.....

Imagine how happy D will would have been if we had gotten Demarcus.

DWill
Matthews = CHAMPIONSHIP
CJ
Kirilenko
Cousins

Which at the time would have been a ton. Very risky trade for a guy who was sliding on draft day.

Cousins could have been that guy, the man the Jazz needed so badly. If only O'Conner had the balls to move up and select the "head case".

Honestly, this could have been the piece that made D Will stay. The combination would have been unstoppable. What would it have taken ? Millsap + #9 pick? They should have done that trade in a heartbeat.

Cousins is a BEAST!!!!!

First off you don't know anything! Second were you apart of any trade talkes about moving up in the draft no! Last but not least did the jazz even have the assets other than D-Will to move up I'm thinking no. So why are you treating your assumptions as fact! Next time know what your talking about before you make assumptions. If KOC didn't have any balls I guess we wouldn't have D-Will!

The word was the Jazz were trying hard to move up, but couldn't get any takers. Cousins was thought to be who they were targeting.

I'm sorry for upsetting all of you guys...im just a bitter jazz fan like the rest of you who wishes we had somehow gotten Cousins

He is attitude and ability are exactly what this Jazz team so badly needs

Cousins, Big Al, Millsap (that's all the beef we need)

Wrong. It was for Cousins.

"Afterwards O’Connor said that the team tried to trade up for a chance to corral an elite center (DeMarcus Cousins), but no deals could be reached".

Are you going to link this or just throw some quotations around some quote you pulled out of your ***? If they were going for Cousins that would have been the boldest move this club ever has made considering how the everyone would have said "Demarcus is not a Jazz system guy" and his bad atittude would never fit in Utah. Seems the Jazz are always chasing inferior talent to mesh with the system.