What's new

Crunch Time: April Predictions.

Brown Notes

12 games. 5 on the road. 2 back-to-backs. Utah is one game back from #8.

carnac-prediction.jpg

Wed, Apr 4 vs Phoenix

Fri, Apr 6 vs Golden State

Sun, Apr 8 @ San Antonio

Mon, Apr 9 vs San Antonio

Wed, Apr 11 @ Houston

Fri, Apr 13 @ New Orleans

Sat, Apr 14 @ Memphis

Mon, Apr 16 vs Dallas

Wed, Apr 18 @ Portland

Sat, Apr 21 vs Orlando ESPN

Tue, Apr 24 vs Phoenix TNT

Thu, Apr 26 vs Portland

Last edited:
Win, Win, Loss, Loss, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win.

8-4.

Im hoping that by the strectch run to finish the season our rotations will be clicking. (burks and tinsley getting consistent minutes, more millsap at the 3, and less miles than ever before.)

Mine:

Wed, Apr 4 vs Phoenix W

Fri, Apr 6 vs Golden State W

Sun, Apr 8 @ San Antonio L

Mon, Apr 9 vs San Antonio W

Wed, Apr 11 @ Houston L

Fri, Apr 13 @ New Orleans W

Sat, Apr 14 @ Memphis W

Mon, Apr 16 vs Dallas L

Wed, Apr 18 @ Portland W

Sat, Apr 21 vs Orlando ESPN W

Tue, Apr 24 vs Phoenix TNT W

Thu, Apr 26 vs Portland W

I'm a homer though. I do definitely believe the back-to-back vs. SA favors Utah at home. I think Howard returns during that home stretch at the end and really helps us finish out strong.

I hope howard doesn't return to help finish the home stretch cause howard pretty much sucks and we went on our big win streak right after he was injured.
I believe howard is shooting 39 percent for the year and he shoots alot (chucker)

Wed, Apr 11 @ Houston will determine if we go to the playoffs or not IMHO. A win in Houston means we have home-court over Denver and Houston. Phoenix still has a slim chance. Even after 50+ games, I have no idea who this team is--and now Ty is experimenting with the line-up.

I hope howard doesn't return to help finish the home stretch cause howard pretty much sucks and we went on our big win streak right after he was injured.
I believe howard is shooting 39 percent for the year and he shoots alot (chucker)

IMO this team is missing what he brings in a bad way. CJ and Carroll have just slid off a cliff. CJ especially looks like he doesn't even want to play anymore.

true about cj and carroll.
I wouldn't mind howard back in a limited roll. (10 minutes per game)
I would rather see hayward and burks getting 30+ minutes per game like they have recently and sap get a few minutes at the 3.

I worry if howard comes back that he will get 25+ minutes and burks, and hayward will lose some minutes..... With the way burks and hayward have been developing it would suck to slow that development down by having howard take thier minutes.
Especially since there is a good chance he will be gone next year.

Also... weren't we in a major slump with seemingly no chance to make the playoffs right before howard got hurt?

Then right after his injury didn't we go on a nice winning streak and beat the lakers, thunder, and heat and win like 8 of 9.

Seems like we might be better off without him if we are looking to try to win and get into the playoffs.... However if we want our draft pick then howard coming back could probably help us there.

Also... weren't we in a major slump with seemingly no chance to make the playoffs right before howard got hurt?

Then right after his injury didn't we go on a nice winning streak and beat the lakers, thunder, and heat and win like 8 of 9.

Seems like we might be better off without him if we are looking to try to win and get into the playoffs.... However if we want our draft pick then howard coming back could probably help us there.

I think the more pressure is on the games the better Howard will get. I see him as a very important part to accomplishing anything in this post season. I could be wrong. I do not believe the winning streak was helped by his absence either. Howard's shot selection really improved as he settled into the team. I'm probably biased on him from watching him travel with the team while hurt and being so earnestly enthusiastic about returning. I'll always root for guys like that.

Also if CJ and Carroll do not return Howard could be a nice fit for next year's run. I don't think Utah is going to get either pick this year. JMO.

Here's a list of the starting small forwards the Jazz will face:

Pho: Jared Dudley (x2)
GS: Dorrell Wright
SA: Kawhi Leonard (x2)
Hou: Chandler Parsons
NO: Trevor Ariza (has been out, but will likely be back)
Mem: Rudy Gay
Dal: Shawn Marion
Por: Nicolas Batum (x2)
Orl: Hedo Turkoglu

If Ty is going to try Paul at the 3 a little more, this is a pretty good stretch to do so. Trevor Ariza and Rudy Gay are problematic, but the others don't pose much of a threat off the dribble.

Ya it was quite impressive the way he "traveled with the team" while injured.... I see alot of injured guys with thier teams (usually the guys behind the bench in thier suits). It was also impressive the he was enthusiastic about returning (most likely because he thinks he needs to showcase his health to recieve a new contract next year)

Neither one of those 2 attributes helps us in the actual games on the court..... Now you might be onto something about him playing better under pressure but i dont know his history that well... When he was on other teams was he the crunch time scorer? Did he perform better in big games? Im not sure.

And from what i have seen burks seems to play better in the 4th quarter (crunch time) and against better teams (lakers).

Its not that i am really that anti-howard, its just that i like burks, and hayward so much and i liked seeing millsap at the 3 finally.

If howard comes back then hayward and burks minutes will go down and millsap will never play the 3 again which means that favors minutes go back down too.

We beat The Suns then go 0-11, ending the season with a record of 29-37!

This keeps my original prediction for the season spot on!!

We beat The Suns then go 0-11, ending the season with a record of 29-37!

This keeps my original prediction for the season spot on!!
Ha, that was my prediction as well.