What's new

Cutting the Cord in 2022 -- Tell Me How

Gameface

PICKS = FLEXIBILITY
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Get a firestick. Get cinema HD app. Then you have hbo, netflix, prime, disney, hulu, and literally every other channel and streaming service in existence. You also have all the movies that are still in the theaters. Use a vpn.
Only thing you dont get is live sports. So you use the web browser on the firestick to go to sportsurge.net. Now you have every sporting event.

Zero dollars per month. (Actually like 10 per month for the vpn, though some vpn are free so it really could be zero per month)

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Just ordered a fire stick.

I'll report back with my experience using that with Cinema HD. I kind of feel like we're back in the Napster days again with these streaming sites. Truth be told, once the industry figures out how to serve the customers properly I'll be perfectly happy paying a reasonable amount for convenience, reliability, quality and choice. I'm looking at either paying the cable company that I absolutely hate hundreds of dollars a month and getting jerked around on my rate or signing up for half a dozen different services and saving like $60 a month.

bigb

Free at last!!!
Contributor
I’d love for a cable or satellite company to come up with a plan where you can pick the channels you want. Like pick any 20 channels for $x per month. Any 40 channels for $y per month type of thing. I’d be all over that.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
I’d love for a cable or satellite company to come up with a plan where you can pick the channels you want. Like pick any 20 channels for $x per month. Any 40 channels for $y per month type of thing. I’d be all over that.
I would except for the commercials. Since we haven't had TV at all for like 6 years, any time I do watch TV or see commercials (thanks ****ing Hulu Plus Live TV that still shows ads on damn near everything... **** you Hulu), I get impatient and move on to something else. Cannot stand commercials now. Like worse than ever before when we had TV and were just used to it.