Dante Exum coming back this week

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Siro, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Siro

Siro Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

May 25, 2010
    According to Tony Jones.

2. nateboz

nateboz Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    It's going to be a ton of pressure on him to make something happen and quickly. He is gambling with potential millions on his next contract. It's going to be interesting to say the least. Lucky in a way that Neto went down again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. tleikheen

tleikheen Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    All I care about is that Exum comes out and establishes speed and length and defense right away at the PG position.....Who else has a 6'6" defensive stud at PG in the NBA .......F*&king no one and in front of the baddest *** defensive stud in the NBA,Gobert

Jazz aren't going to win playoff games by out scoring other teams in the playoffs ....they are the ONLIEST team that can win by snuffing out NBA offenses AND I can't wait to see !!!

LoPo, Et tu Brute and Xthren like this.
  4. Revolution 9

Revolution 9 Well-Known Member Staff Member

May 26, 2010
    im excited to see him back.

lets do this!

LoPo likes this.
  5. RRJazz

RRJazz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Perfect scenario would be to play good basketball against lesser competition the next 5 games, getting big leads and allowing to ease Exum into the rotation with no pressure at all. He's going to be rusty for weeks and we are in the middle of a very demanding battle.

fishonjazz and Douchebag K like this.
  6. MVP

MVP Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Even in his best rookie year as a defender Exums Defensive WS ( 0.033 ) would be ranked 38th among all guards in NBA right now ( way bellowe leader Marcus Smart who has 0.056) . Now if you value size so much and trying to say that no other PG at 6'6 is as good on defense as Exum I can still burst your bubble as Lonzo Ball has Def WS this season of 0.048. At the end of the day size can only give you so much - defense is more about heart and motor - thats why both Mitchell and Rubio blow Exum out of the water when it comes to defense.
    Stop being such a homer for crying out loud!

https://stats.nba.com/players/defense/?sort=DEF_WS&dir=-1&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season&PlayerPosition=G&Height=LT 6-7

Interestingly if we look at February only we have both Mitchell and Rubio in top 4!!!

https://stats.nba.com/players/defen...Season&PlayerPosition=G&Height=LT 6-7&Month=5

ghsartin likes this.
  7. SoUjazzfan

SoUjazzfan Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Possibly the best thing about Dante coming back is the seeing the reaction of this forum. He seems to be the most polarizing player on this team among fans. I am on the band wagon and see him as a real asset IF he can stay healthy and get in game shape quickly. I'd like to see him succeed as much to silence the haters as anything. First time he stumbles there will be a ton on here like vultures on a gut pile with the "Dante's a bust" rhetoric, while others will praise him for average play. I for one hope he fits and we can get him under a reasonable contract. What that is.... I guess that remains to be seen.

Joe Bagadonuts likes this.
  8. elan_prodigy

elan_prodigy Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Come on dude.

Couldn't you just let us have this week?

str8line likes this.
  9. colton

colton All Around Nice Guy Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    Looking forward to Dante coming back. Not looking forward to all the homers complaining about how Snyder has him on such a short leash.

NUMBERICA, MVP and Ostertag>Duncan like this.
  10. The Jazz Wonderbra

The Jazz Wonderbra Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    I am excited to have Exum back! I do expect a transition. Hopefully it is not an ABesque transition but that he actually improved.

11. tleikheen

tleikheen Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Effin Dante haters coming in thick and heavy....like the guy says "vultures on a gut pile"...... when he plays good they'll act like they were his fanz to start with

12. Ostertag>Duncan

Ostertag>Duncan My Members Premium Contributor

May 26, 2010
    Dude the vast majority of people on this board that arent complete Exum homers aren't haters. We want him to be good for the sake of the team, but he hasn`t shown anything yet. Id say 99% of us dont want to see him fail, that`s silly. Just show us SOMETHING. I think he will.

Sent from my SM-T580 using JazzFanz mobile app

NUMBERICA and MVP like this.
  13. Stoked

Stoked Modstapo Staff Member 2018 Award Winner

Dec 13, 2011
    This morning he was assigned to the SLC Stars for practice. Trying to knock the rust off. One of the final parts of getting back into a game for the Jazz. Estimating that he will upgraded from "OUT" for the Thursday game against the Suns.

14. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    He might play today if he does well enough in practice.

15. cctrackstar

cctrackstar Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    that's perfect for me. having him play for the stars for a bit will re-integrate him into the game without messing up the chemistry and when he does come back to the team, he will be able to legit challenge for time instead of hurting the team because of his 'potential' for a week.

16. sonofthebigdog

sonofthebigdog Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    In the Utah Summer League X ourscored a young man with the last name of Mitchell.

17. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    There is 0% chance Exum plays for the Stars. I doubt his agent would want his soon to be RFA have a chance to be exposed by having a bad game for a D-League team. It's just a one off practice most likely.

18. cctrackstar

cctrackstar Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Ooooh, just found out about raul's wrist injury. comooooon back dante, screw the stars.........

19. Thee jazz fan

Thee jazz fan Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Our bench could really use a scoring punch, hope Exum can provide some

20. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    Lol, just saw on the news that he is going to play with the stars.
    Surprised there isn't a thread about it yet.